Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Dracula Appraiser posted:

It's insane the Switch is almost 8-years-old. I swear it feels like it's coming up on year 5.

It's a 2015 SoC developed in 2013, downclocked to roughly the performance of a console developed in 2003 and released in 2005 (the Xbox 360).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Should have had Laika do it

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Ganondorf is going to be the Rock's new Black Adam.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Cojawfee posted:

How do you not get Studio Ghibli to make the Zelda movie? Live action Zelda is going to suck rear end. Oh wait, I get it. They have to make the lovely live action one and then in 30 years, they will make a good one.

Studio Ghibdo

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

CPColin posted:

Studio Ghibdo

Miyazaki gonna be an undead mummy, making films for eternity

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

zelda seems about as up miyazaki’s wheelhouse as like deep impact.

just…no.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Then get the people who made Scavenger's Reign. I want to see the horrific things a deku scrub would do to a wayward traveler.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Zelda actually seems like a Speilberg movie.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
i had a bad zelda movie thought so i decided it must be shared

they replace the music that would play when link gets the master sword, say the main zelda theme or whatever, with holding out for a hero by bonnie tyler

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Riding through the Gerudo Desert on Epona to Take on Me, you can only hear the orchestral medley of Zelda desert music on the OST

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Not a Children posted:

Riding through the Gerudo Desert on Epona to Giddy Up, Buttercup, you can only hear the orchestral medley of Zelda desert music on the OST

:newlol:

Non Compos Mentis posted:

they replace the music that would play when link gets the master sword, say the main zelda theme or whatever, with Princes of the Universe/We are the Champions by Queen

:rock:

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Nov 8, 2023

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Leonardo decaprio as the guy in the toilet reaching his hand out

Kaewan
May 29, 2008
I want it to look exactly like the Warcraft movie. All male characters are cgi and the lady elves are all humans in cosplay.

Eddie Murphy as Epona.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I want it to look like Labyrinth. Human Link, fantastic puppet creatures, sexy Ganondorf.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

abelwingnut posted:

zelda seems about as up miyazaki’s wheelhouse as like deep impact.

just…no.

Nausicaa/Castle in the Sky levels of fantasy, but when they summon the Triforce it fires a beam that decimates the horizon.

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
On behalf of the Serbs, we're very sorry for the Hillary Clinton sniper incident. Next time, we'll aim better.
They should bring back amusement park-style "interactive experience" movies.

Every time Link plays the Song of Storms they turn on the fire sprinklers.
Link plays the Song of Storms every 5 minutes.

Morgan Freeman for Great Deku Tree. But it's just his face CGIed over a normal Oak tree

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Curious what the plot is going to be. Like, assembling the triforce by defeating X number of bosses won't work if half the movie is setup/introducing us to hyrule or whatever. I recall the cgi TMNT movie set up that they had to defeat X number of monsters to I dunno get a magic crystal or something, but most of the monsters were beaten in a montage

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Just give the Zelda movie to Blumhouse and have them make it at a $5 mill budget, they already made FNAF a huge success.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Sony's gonna do like what happened with the last Ghost in the Shell movie: pick out all the cool bits from each part of the series and mash them together with no comprehension between.

Tingle will have a .2 second cameo, and the end credits scene will show Midna with no context.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Non Compos Mentis posted:

they replace the music that would play when link gets the master sword, say the main zelda theme or whatever, with holding out for a hero by bonnie tyler

Not a Children posted:

Riding through the Gerudo Desert on Epona to Take on Me, you can only hear the orchestral medley of Zelda desert music on the OST

Thankfully, it’s not being made by Illumination, so

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
For the "link" thing to be literal, it'll be a kid in the "real world" interacting with Hyrule like a cross between The Neverending Story and Jumanji

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Curious what the plot is going to be. Like, assembling the triforce by defeating X number of bosses won't work if half the movie is setup/introducing us to hyrule or whatever. I recall the cgi TMNT movie set up that they had to defeat X number of monsters to I dunno get a magic crystal or something, but most of the monsters were beaten in a montage

Yeah they're not going to use a structure like that, much like the Mario movie didn't have Mario going through different levels and worlds and castles to get to Bowser. It's going to be Ganon takes over Hyrule, Link sets off to stop him, maybe one or two dungeon type setpieces where he gets the Master Sword, then he fights Ganon.

The games have steered away from actually collecting the Triforce for a long time so I doubt they'll even have it in there except as an ethereal "it's in you all along" thing.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Can't wait for a training montage and then Link speed running dungeons 2-8.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

I'll be real, the story to adapt is Twilight Princess, even if they strip out all the Twilight stuff.

Link is a farmhand in some bumpkin town, is told he's gonna go to the big city, maybe even meet the princess

Ganon's monsters attack the town, kidnap the kids. Link sets out to rescue them, meets Navi/Midna/Tingle/Whoever that gives them adventuring advice

Finds the Master Sword after getting his butt kicked and saves the kids

Goes and fights Ganondorf, gets to meet the Princess.

Triskelli fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Nov 8, 2023

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

They're not gonna pick the story that has 2 minutes of Zelda screen time when it's got her name in the title, unless they want another billion years of people calling Link the wrong name.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Wind Waker is probably the best for Zelda the character in particular, but it's completely impractical to film live action unless they want to spend Spider-Man money on it.

Unfortunately for Zelda she's barely in most of the games.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Electromax posted:

I want it to look like Labyrinth. Human Link, fantastic puppet creatures, sexy Ganondorf.

Adam Driver as shirtless Ganondorf

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Just Andi Now posted:

They're not gonna pick the story that has 2 minutes of Zelda screen time when it's got her name in the title, unless they want another billion years of people calling Link the wrong name.

Make Sheik the adventure guide, which gives these marvel guys a spiderman-like fighter

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
Miyamoto said he's been working on it for years, and they don't even have a cast. This won't be out until 2030 if ever.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Anyone have a good walkthrough of wonder for all the bonus levels and how to unlock them? Every site I get from googling is just absolute awful garbage, and at best will just be like "ok so this is the name of the next one" with no info on how to unlock/find it.

My kid is getting frantic trying to find the levels that show up as ?? In the course select

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

trevorreznik posted:

Anyone have a good walkthrough of wonder for all the bonus levels and how to unlock them? Every site I get from googling is just absolute awful garbage, and at best will just be like "ok so this is the name of the next one" with no info on how to unlock/find it.

My kid is getting frantic trying to find the levels that show up as ?? In the course select

https://game8.co/games/Super-Mario-Bros-Wonder/archives/430891

Zarlog
Dec 7, 2005

Zarlog, Protector of Baal

trevorreznik posted:

Many of those levels will appear after you find secret seeds in the respective world. If you look at the course selection menu, some levels will have a large checkmark behind the coins, flags, and seeds. If it's complete but no checkmark, that means there's a hidden seed in that level. Knowing that, google or youtube will be easier to navigate.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

trevorreznik posted:

The one in the third world at least can be unlocked by simply returning to the Royal Seed House after you complete the world

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Larryb posted:

The one in the third world at least can be unlocked by simply returning to the Royal Seed House after you complete the world

That was the weirdest one to find for me

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Larryb posted:

What?!

Goddamn this game is weird. I was feeling a bit frustrated cuz I couldn't manage to find some secret seeds but if that's the poo poo I gotta do to find some of them then NO WONDER (pun intended) I'm struggling!

Now I feel galvanized to get back to it.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

If you go to the level select menu, any level without a green check mark circle behind it still has more to find, even if you’ve gotten all the coins and the flagpole. That’s how I figured out to go back for the World 3 Secret Level.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Mons Hubris posted:

If you go to the level select menu, any level without a green check mark circle behind it still has more to find, even if you’ve gotten all the coins and the flagpole. That’s how I figured out to go back for the World 3 Secret Level.

Yeah and this applies to all non-levels as well like the discussed royal seed house. Just look through every level when you complete a world and see what you're missing. You can also tell if a world is complete by the presence of a checkmark at the top of the level select screen. If that check is missing and all levels have checks, it means there's something you missed on the world map itself rather than in a level.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Link is definitely going to have a hookshot, so he can do spider man poo poo

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Beat Wonder.

That’s a super fun game, very charming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

When looking at the producer, I mistook Avi Arad for Ari Aster and was about to be VERY interested in the angle they were taking this movie.