Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

grumplestiltzkin posted:

would the apparently only two remaining big null blocks kindly go to war with each other so that i can 3rd party them in bombers? thanks in advance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

It’s like 2012-2014 all over again

All hail the blue doughnut :love:
(Really it’s almost always been this way)

ragedx
Mar 15, 2019

Vodka is just awesome water
It would be great if they made supers and higher more impactful in PvE. It used to be my favorite aspect of the game, but now it has lost its spark. Killed so much gameplay attached to that.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Solus posted:

!bcast all

Fleet 1 on PGL

Fleet 2 on Shattered Armer

Fleet 3 on Jeremy Andedare

Fleet 4 on Arkadios Sol

No you’re still in goons it’s fine

nixon: jesus christ

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

Solus posted:

!bcast all

Fleet 1 on PGL

Fleet 4 on Arkadios Sol

i guess elections do have consequences

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Solus posted:

!bcast all

Fleet 1 on PGL

Fleet 4 on Arkadios Sol

Lmao

Booshway
Oct 13, 2023

Dirac Fourier posted:

Yea, my brother and I have been living in a C4 for most of the year. Except for a praxis I lost while I was drunk and a venture I lost while I was asleep, nobody has messed with me.

I just moved into a C4 5/4 by myself after a five-year hiatus, I kept thinking to myself c4 ratting can't be as bad as people were saying, and boy was I wrong.

Elchimpster
Mar 22, 2012

Booshway posted:

I just moved into a C4 5/4 by myself after a five-year hiatus, I kept thinking to myself c4 ratting can't be as bad as people were saying, and boy was I wrong.

I actually found my c4 quite relaxing. I could run barracks in about 10 minutes each and never saw a soul.
I think their reputation greatly lowers attempted evictions as well

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

grumplestiltzkin posted:

would the apparently only two remaining big null blocks kindly go to war with each other so that i can 3rd party them in bombers? thanks in advance

im not gonna sit in the tidi and traffic control even to do that tbh

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Pff posted:

New 6 hour down the rabbit hole video on Eve. I fell off when he started detailing ship slot levels. I assume he's constructed some kind of comprehensive video tutorial. Photos of the 90s and stories of epic crunch were neat though.

I didn't know anything about EVE except the occasional news story about people losing a bunch of money in a big battle, but I've been watching this video and I'm about halfway through.

I didn't know goons loomed so large in the game's history! That's cool. It sounds like the goons have splintered into multiple alliances; is that right? If so, I'd be curious how many different ones exist and how they're distinct from one another. Seems like the original goon alliance was united for a lot longer than most other major groups, at least.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Das Butterbrot posted:

umm yeah, about that... BRAVE has put recruitment on hold until our move south is finished afaik. B3 is dissolving/joining the Imperium.

By Brave do you mean Brave or B3? Can people stop referring to B3 as Brave? it's very confusing, yes I know everyone does the same for goons but still.

Booshway posted:

it's not that bad, is it? if you were expecting C5 income then that's your fault, but it's better than c3, the ranges do suck though. Just get an MJD paladin and lose it chill whilst making pretty good isk.

Dirac Fourier posted:

Not sure, I only started living in wormholes this year after playing EVE for many years. Hopefully someone else will answer your question. I would like to know as well.

It has really always been like that, the amount of wormhole systems (2604) is very large compared to the number of players living there. It has been better, but always was and always will be very empty.

and that's the way we like it.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

surf rock posted:

I didn't know anything about EVE except the occasional news story about people losing a bunch of money in a big battle, but I've been watching this video and I'm about halfway through.

I didn't know goons loomed so large in the game's history! That's cool. It sounds like the goons have splintered into multiple alliances; is that right? If so, I'd be curious how many different ones exist and how they're distinct from one another. Seems like the original goon alliance was united for a lot longer than most other major groups, at least.

goons haven't really split into multiple alliances, there just are not a lot of actual goons playing these days. Basically, the goon groups are as follows:

Goonswarm Federation: (also known as Goonswarm, Goonwaffe, or GoonFleet) is the most well-known one, and the one you would've seen in the video. 99% of the people in it now are pubbies.

Clockwork Pineapple: is/was a goon group, and is now thoroughly dead.

Goosefleet: is a newish goon group (circa 2022,) and does a bunch of different stuff with most of the games goon population. They're cool (I'm in them currently.)

There are also goons in different non-goon-focused groups.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

floppyspud posted:

By Brave do you mean Brave or B3? Can people stop referring to B3 as Brave? it's very confusing, yes I know everyone does the same for goons but still.

BRAVE is BRAVE because B3 doesn't exist as of Saturday. Besides, B3 was a coalition and coalitions don't tend to do recruiting. You see GSF recruiting, but not The Imperium as a collective entity

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

BRAVE is BRAVE because B3 doesn't exist as of Saturday. Besides, B3 was a coalition and coalitions don't tend to do recruiting. You see GSF recruiting, but not The Imperium as a collective entity

obviously b3 doesnt/didnt recruit but if youre in one you gain access to the others space and others fleets so theyre not that different anyways, which is what this originally stemmed from (evaccing poo poo out of dek.)

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Booshway posted:

I'll never forget the day when I was solo ratting in a passive Rattlesnake in a C4 Pulsar and a Proteus decloaked...then his friends didn't show up until after I'd cleared the last wave of rats while chatting with him in local.

They tried. I didn't die. Eventually we exchanged pleasantries and they left.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.
finally managed to use a cap for something other than rolling a hole (evacing stuff from a disused station) and managed to do just about everything wrong except getting caught. I remember starting playing in 2013 and seeing all the big giant ships and thinking "oh boy i can wait until i can fly one of those awesome ships:shobon:" and now the thought of buying one is a solid "lol, lmao"

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I've got a nid, mino & rev navy full to the brim with ships, mods, moon goo and god knows what else, a freighter and jump freighter full to the brim with BPOs, cap parts, gas and even more stuff, multiple epithals filled with decent PI I can sell *and* I'm still going to send 1m m3 into asset safety until I can pick it up later

Dirac Fourier
Aug 14, 2023

Elchimpster posted:

I actually found my c4 quite relaxing. I could run barracks in about 10 minutes each and never saw a soul.
I think their reputation greatly lowers attempted evictions as well

I just tried a railgun Kronos for the first time this morning on three frontier barracks in a C4. Cleared each site in 10 minutes and didn't need to use my MJD. C4 is a pretty good fit for me because they get ignored and I am ok with the PVE content there.

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.
wait theres two threads now? anyway uh, reposting from the other thread:

Iv not played in quite a few years, does anyone still rorq mine? I liked mining back when I used to play and was thinking of rejoining goooooooons and shooting rock

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Did Brave give a reason why they finally feel comfortable throwing their lot in with the Imperium, rather than repeating their history of "going their own way" and immediately shacking up with the worst personalities this game has to offer?

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Lady Militant posted:

Iv not played in quite a few years, does anyone still rorq mine? I liked mining back when I used to play and was thinking of rejoining goooooooons and shooting rock

Rorq mining got nerfed into the ground, they're now better served as mining support for exhumers. The days of a hundred rorqs swarming a moon pop are long over.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Potato Salad posted:

Did Brave give a reason why they finally feel comfortable throwing their lot in with the Imperium, rather than repeating their history of "going their own way" and immediately shacking up with the worst personalities this game has to offer?

the imperium became the worst personalities the game has to offer

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

Potato Salad posted:

it's unironically because delta got rid of mittani

brave's second in command right under jinx is a delta and apparently if he had been around it would've been a straight "never happening"

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

Lady Militant posted:

yeah people still do, although it's usually two or three rorqs to cover mining boosts and shield boosts now and then a bunch of barges / exhumers for max efficiency

Elchimpster
Mar 22, 2012

Dirac Fourier posted:

I just tried a railgun Kronos for the first time this morning on three frontier barracks in a C4. Cleared each site in 10 minutes and didn't need to use my MJD. C4 is a pretty good fit for me because they get ignored and I am ok with the PVE content there.

Have you tried a blaster kronos? I am considering it for c4s but was concerned about spawn distances

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.
And you don't lay money down.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?
The Rohk is actually good now. I like the MJDs. You can plink at folks from 200+km away while a buddy scrams/paints em with an uncatchable inty and drones and it's just funny.

This game is good. I like it. I died tho, doesn't matter.

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?
I died in a Sleipnir from very angry people who were not happy I could melt almost anything within range, and got a possy together to hurt me bad. I love fist fight range.

Dirac Fourier
Aug 14, 2023

Elchimpster posted:

Have you tried a blaster kronos? I am considering it for c4s but was concerned about spawn distances

Not yet but I will soon. Maybe blasters will be ok on frontier barracks because the spawns weren’t too far away. Idk about frontier command posts. My brother was telling the spawns are further out on that one so maybe stuck with rails there. Rails performed pretty well for me though. I would be ok to keep using rails.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Potato Salad posted:

Dunk didn't trust the Mittani (turns out, for really good reasons). they are both gone.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

i miss dink dunkle, leader of volta

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

Potato Salad posted:

Delta sqad finally gave asher the go ahead

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

MRC48B posted:

Dunk didn't trust the Mittani (turns out, for really good reasons). they are both gone.

to be fair, every time Mittani talked about Brave he did so in the most condescending tone possible and I would have told him to go gently caress himself if I was in Dunk's position ( Dunk's too nice to say that)

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?
Why did goonswarm just let Mittani for so long.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

A Bad King posted:

Because pubbies took over the alliance a decade ago, and goons are great at letting Bad poo poo slide so long as they don't have to pay attention to it.

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

A Bad King posted:

Because he was, especially by the standards of Eve, a competent executive. He made big-picture decisions that kept the line membership happy, and he was a canny enough politician to protect both the alliance and his own hide. Until, like so many other people in power, hubris got the best of him.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

raminasi posted:

Because he was, especially by the standards of Eve, a competent executive. He made big-picture decisions that kept the line membership happy, and he was a canny enough politician to protect both the alliance and his own hide. Until, like so many other people in power, Delta Sqad got the best of him.

Fixed that for ya

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

A Bad King posted:

And they still would mittani if it weren’t for those meddling Deltas

ragedx
Mar 15, 2019

Mittani was the greatest thing to happen to EvE. So much content. The personality fit till it didn't

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I think it's fair to say that Groomswarm was bad, but a lot of the galaxy was abundantly worse, and the contrast let them skate by

how are things going these days? not just with "we finally deposed the sex pest" but with the casual transphobia and other general insecure chuddism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ragedx
Mar 15, 2019

Potato Salad posted:

I think it's fair to say that Groomswarm was bad, but a lot of the galaxy was abundantly worse, and the contrast let them skate by

how are things going these days? not just with "we finally deposed the sex pest" but with the casual transphobia and other general insecure chuddism

I don't think you could ever really get rid of all that on the internet.