Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Is Zadorov bad? His defensive metrics seem fine and 14 goals is good? Seems like a good pickup for a bottom four guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
lol what are Paul Coffey's head coaching credentials?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

He can skate backwards very well!

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

fawning deference posted:

Is Zadorov bad? His defensive metrics seem fine and 14 goals is good? Seems like a good pickup for a bottom four guy?

He’s fine in a bottom four role. Better than when he started, the problem is he doesn’t want to be a bottom 4 guy. His agent is complaining of lack of ice time.

I say let his rear end go and get the best returns. He’s perfectly fine, but also prone to making a bunch of dumb mistakes.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Mike_V posted:

lol what are Paul Coffey's head coaching credentials?

He played with both Wayne Gretzky and Mario Lemieux. Greatness teaches greatness.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

He coached an OJHL team!!! And was the Oilers skills coach !!!

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
God just pump it into my veins if gulutzan gets the head coaching gig

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Sacking Woodcroft because the team has no goalie, a gimpy McDavid, and is in a shooting slump seems premature to me. But if you're gonna sack the GM not much use in leaving the coach as a lame duck I suppose.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Why look at 120 good games when you can look at 12

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Also lol the NHL

https://twitter.com/Real_Max_Miller/status/1723185753084321967

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Just gotta take the same approach as the pride tape: do it anyway and dare the league to punish you for it

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Are the artists who paint the helmets employees of the league or at least of the team? You can tape your own stick but you can't really paint your own helmet. Could just stick a cancer ribbon decal on it I guess.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK

mennoknight posted:

God just pump it into my veins if gulutzan gets the head coaching gig

He's going to throw so many motivational sticks

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

It is absolutely amazing how poorly this leagues PR is run. Just taking every wrong turn possible. Hockey culture is loving toxic at every level of the sport currently and I have never been so turned off from watching despite being at a time when the league is arguably stacked more than any other point with on ice talent.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Eric the Mauve posted:

Are the artists who paint the helmets employees of the league or at least of the team? You can tape your own stick but you can't really paint your own helmet. Could just stick a cancer ribbon decal on it I guess.
Independent contractors. I personally know a guy who has done chrome wire finishes for some Flyers goalies in recent years

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Connor player coach please. gently caress it make him the gm too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well you know, if you say cancer is bad you may upset the... pro cancer lobby?

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Furnaceface posted:

It is absolutely amazing how poorly this leagues PR is run. Just taking every wrong turn possible. Hockey culture is loving toxic at every level of the sport currently and I have never been so turned off from watching despite being at a time when the league is arguably stacked more than any other point with on ice talent.

But if we allowed cancer ribbons, we'd have to allow rainbows which would exclude our traditional fan base. You see, we are being promoting equality and fairness by being openly lovely to everyone. It's the evil woke agenda that are forcing people away from the game.

Edit: The league has to do this because if they allow it and not pride stuff, then their policy becomes actively discriminatory and possibly illegal and not just generically lovely.

pseudodragon fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Nov 11, 2023

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

fawning deference posted:

He’s never scoring 14 goals again, that season was a fluke, and he takes a ton of bad penalties

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
i mean. it would be funny in coffey was named coach but wasn't St. Louis coaching experience prior to getting the canadiens gig not much better?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

pseudodragon posted:

Edit: The league has to do this because if they allow it and not pride stuff, then their policy becomes actively discriminatory and possibly illegal and not just generically lovely.

Yeah this is almost certainly what's up

clean ayers act posted:

i mean. it would be funny in coffey was named coach but wasn't St. Louis coaching experience prior to getting the canadiens gig not much better?

Worse if anything. But there is as yet no evidence that St. Louis knows what he's doing.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

That’ll fix it!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

St. Louis started using Caulfield properly which was at least a sign he's smarter than the last guy, but then Montreal has had 90% of their roster injured ever since so the evaluation period on him hasn't opened.

AntiDepressor
Jun 3, 2011

clean ayers act posted:

To be fair Montreal was pretty clearly aiming for last place at that point so it didn’t really matter who the coach was. Looks like Edmonton doesn’t need any help doing that.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

We can't risk upsetting the pro-tumor portion of our fan base

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

morningdrew posted:

We can't risk upsetting the pro-tumor portion of our fan base

but phil kessel is out of the league?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

That reporter is just doing his job and he's being a petulant shithead for no reason. It takes 20 seconds to just say a wrote answer and then everyone goes home.

Koopa Kid posted:

He’s never scoring 14 goals again, that season was a fluke, and he takes a ton of bad penalties
Exactly what the devils need lol

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Nov 11, 2023

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

mcmagic posted:

That reporter is just doing his job and he's being a petulant shithead for no reason. It takes 20 seconds to just say a wrote answer and then everyone goes come.

oilers whole season got me coming :D

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

They called a delay of game for puck over the glass on Gudbranson because he shot it over the glass right as the 2nd period ended. Everyone left the ice without another play and they updated during the intermission report that it was a penalty.

It's even more beautiful than an offsides review.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
I think Coffey would be the possible interim GM with Holland gone and Gulutzan would be the interim coach.. Coffey has been hanging around the front office the last few years hasn't he?

Still.. what an ignominious end to a hall of fame career for Ken Holland. The end in Detroit already wasn't that great but he never should have come to Edmonton :(

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

They called a delay of game for puck over the glass on Gudbranson because he shot it over the glass right as the 2nd period ended. Everyone left the ice without another play and they updated during the intermission report that it was a penalty.

It's even more beautiful than an offsides review.

I love this league, I tells ya.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Starsfan posted:

I think Coffey would be the possible interim GM with Holland gone and Gulutzan would be the interim coach.. Coffey has been hanging around the front office the last few years hasn't he?

Still.. what an ignominious end to a hall of fame career for Ken Holland. The end in Detroit already wasn't that great but he never should have come to Edmonton :(

Jeff Jackson will be the GM if he isn't already

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Jim Benning becoming GM of the Oilers is a when, not an if

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
trade zadorov and vladar for a b level prospect or a 2nd rounder. Leave Wolf up and tell Markstrom to watch his fuckin back

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Leo Carlsson looks pretty damned good. I mean you'd expect that, high pick and all, but he's pretty slick for such a big guy.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

mennoknight posted:

trade zadorov and vladar for a b level prospect or a 2nd rounder. Leave Wolf up and tell Markstrom to watch his fuckin back

I’m pretty sure we can fleece Toronto. You know Treliving would love to have him. I’m sure if we took Klingberg we could get a first and a prospect.

Szechwan
Jun 10, 2023
What is up with Jason Robertson this year? Last season he was taking like 7 shots a game and filling the net. This year he's averaging like 2 and only ever scoring into empty nets.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Why look at 120 good games when you can look at 12

I think my take on Woodcroft is the same pretty much since he was hired. The Oilers don't need to go crazy and hire Ken Hitchcock or something, but at some point you need to play with some kind of defensive structure. Woodcroft's only idea is to tell McDavid and Draisatl to go get some goals.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

You can hire Jon Cooper if you want, it won't change very much until they get some defensemen with a clue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Eric the Mauve posted:

You can hire Jon Cooper if you want, it won't change very much until they get some defensemen with a clue.

I haven’t watched him since he got traded, but Ekholm is good.

That’s all I got, but having watched the Preds for years, he was always super underrated.

I guess having 4-5 other not good defensemen is not good though