Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
swapping out the pcie and sata SSDs from a NUC into a Mac Mini

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
learning some very important css tricks and applying them on my web site

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i'm still fascinated by how appropriate that avatar is

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
took the kids to the library earlier and then ate lunch at a diner. now we’re just hanging out watching some tv

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

spent a few hours learning & playing Battletech with a work buddy & a couple other folks at the game shop. had a lot of fun! hopefully we can make it a regular thing

rest of the night: weed & bideo james

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

on a train headed to denver.

just passed donner lake. anyone hungry?

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

a sizeable chunk of my day has been researching fonts and getting fed up with font licensing to the point that I’m making an 8x8 font for my game now.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I mean I can probably contact Monotype about properly licensing Handel Gothic TL, I’m pretty sure they have the rights, they just don’t seem to have it on the site

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
yospos bhcti

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I took kids to this bay and it was super lovely and I think I got a bit sunburned

northern hemispheres have no idea what the sun is. ask any australian if our sun sucks. our burn time can be 8 minutes lol

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

the sun can kill you

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

echinopsis posted:

I took kids to this bay and it was super lovely and I think I got a bit sunburned

northern hemispheres have no idea what the sun is. ask any australian if our sun sucks. our burn time can be 8 minutes lol

2 nights ago, after getting sunburned patches on my legs at Coogee from "missing a bit" I was entirely convinced that my light cotton sheet was made entirely of razor blades. by the time you realize you're burning a little here, you are entirely hosed

also, a couple of small blisters and other future skin cancer candidate looking bits on there

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Video Nasty posted:

Customer is happy the upgrade went without a hitch. Had my coffee and a breakfast sammwich so now it's time to let that soak up a victory beer. :)

real nice

Chris Knight posted:

surgery in progress, both patients doing fine so far

hey youre almost there

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
excited for an evening of pro wrestling and big fightmans pape

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple on pizzadog derangement syndrome
got a couple more mushrooms made, the little ones are harder

out of logs so went out and cut up some more from some old eucalyptus that fell in ?last years? wind storm

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

ordered pizza. the first place i tried to get was $31 for a 12” pizza + delivery. that does not include tip.

so i went with pizza hut. got pizza wings and a bottle of soda. there was a lot of wings. i had some for lunch and then some for dinner. still have pizza waiting for tomorrow’s lunch.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Tonight on Svengoolie is Munster, Go Home in COLOR and Fred Gwynne looks great :allears:

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

nudgenudgetilt posted:

just passed donner lake. anyone hungry?

my grandmas maiden name was dohner and the family timeline and where they all lived, there’s a p decent chance I’m distantly related to said famous party

I’ve never eaten anyone tho

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

ehhh

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

it's a font I guess

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

I like the lack of kerning between the 'T' and 'H' :)

though the I maybe needs an extra column of pixels so it's centred?

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

maybe this ?

T, M, W and Y are really awkward at this size

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

actually I'm getting quite pleased with this

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i took a big nap after a late lunch or early dinner, whichever you prefer to call it

it was nice.. but now i fear i may stay up late due to it

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

Silver Alicorn posted:

noice

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Silver Alicorn posted:

This is excellent. you might want to re-center your I’s though.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

oh yeah I've gone full proportional now and also added cyrillic

https://silveralicorn.online/fonts/Encounter%20Pro.ttf if you wanna mess with it

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

also if you want to make your own pixel fonts, this is what I used:

https://github.com/kreativekorp/bitsnpicas/tree/master

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
went to Ikea yesterday to buy tea lights and some new cutting boards. specifically, the kind of cutting boards that bend so it's easier to dump stuff into a pan or pot after chopping it. today we're going to the in-laws to help out a bit w/ chores and downsizing (it's a weekly thing atm).

I wanted to go on a hike but my foot is hurting in a new and fun way because it's not my plantar fasciitis and it's not my tendinosis, internet doctoring seems to indicate it might be sesamoiditis which makes sense because sesame bagels are my favourite kind

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Cold on a Cob posted:

specifically, the kind of cutting boards that bend so it's easier to dump stuff into a pan or pot after chopping it.
you probably already know this but once i learned you’re supposed to use the handhold cutout as a slot to push cut/chopped food through with a knife into the pan/pot that changed a lot for me

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Cold on a Cob posted:

today we're going to the in-laws to help out a bit w/ chores and downsizing (it's a weekly thing atm).
when i did this with my parents we used to call it de-hoarding lol. they slowly got over the boomer urge to hoard in the first place once we did that

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Kenny Logins posted:

you probably already know this but once i learned you’re supposed to use the handhold cutout as a slot to push cut/chopped food through with a knife into the pan/pot that changed a lot for me

holy poo poo

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
I take back everything bad I said about the internet.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Kenny Logins posted:

when i did this with my parents we used to call it de-hoarding lol. they slowly got over the boomer urge to hoard in the first place once we did that

oh yeah to be clear that's exactly what we're doing. we've already done it once in ~2015, filled up one of those extra big dumpsters you can rent when doing construction. it's nowhere near as bad this time, part of it is we just ran out of time and energy the first time and there is still more to do. I hate to say it but thankfully now that they aren't as mobile as they used to be they haven't had a chance to build up the clutter as they did in the past, now it's just things like keeping 50 empty glass jars and hundreds of empty take out containers "just in case!"

still mad I didn't keep the physical nortel stock certificates I found

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
:canada: you threw away such an integral part of this country's history? how could you! those certificates could've ended up in a heritage minute someday!

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

knox_harrington posted:

lol that's great

So far weekend-activities-wise I have watched the sprint motoGP race, then the women's world cup slalom. Men's downhill in Zermatt unfortunately cancelled!

I need food ingredients so will likely head out on the Scrambler and go to a few shops. Likely a run before it gets dark... it's a bit chilly though.

The weather has continued to be poo poo and I haven't left the house today. I feel like I've spent a lot of time cooking this weekend! Could be worse I guess.

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

was happily riding the rails i'm a bedroom with private bath when a goddamn freight train broke down in glenwood canyon

now my morning train ride through the canyon and on to denver is replaced by an evening bus ride from grand junction to denver

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

nudgenudgetilt posted:

i'm a bedroom with private bath

i have questions

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

i'm, in, same digf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple on pizzadog derangement syndrome

Kenny Logins posted:

i tried this for a while and its not any different than just pushing it off the edge imo