Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cgfreak
Jan 2, 2013

yum posted:

Watching the latest anime episode, the open incantation for the black box is completely censored. I wonder what Sukuna meant when he was surprised that Jogo didn’t know about it since it’s apparently common knowledge but not accessible to cursed spirits. Did he mean it’s some esoteric knowledge of jujutsu not accessible to spirits, or maybe he meant it’s an ability that he’s used in the past and is part of the stories passed down about him?

It’s funny that he praises Jogo as strong but spent the entire time beating the poo poo out of him. If Jogo was a sorcerer, would he be considered special grade? You could probably wipe out a nation with something like maximum meteor

I'm pretty sure Jogo is the 4th most powerful dude we've seen in the entire series, behind Sukuna, Gojo and Kenny. He just kinda looked like a chump because he kept picking fights against literal god-tier characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

cgfreak posted:

I'm pretty sure Jogo is the 4th most powerful dude we've seen in the entire series, behind Sukuna, Gojo and Kenny. He just kinda looked like a chump because he kept picking fights against literal god-tier characters.
I think in a guidebook or interview Gege says that Kenjaku could probably have exorcised Jogo but it would've been a really ugly fight he stood a chance to lose.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
That's why he was so great. He had ambition :allears:..

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

cgfreak posted:

I still find it incredibly funny Gojo owned him so hard he lost faith in his own DE.

Also this episode reminded me Megumi probably still doesn't know what the gently caress with his fight against Toji.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I'd say Meg's got more important things to worry about atm

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Gologle posted:

I'd say Meg's got more important things to worry about atm

Megumi has had a ton of time to think in Sakuna's Soul Vacuum.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Jogo is very powerful, but as Sukuna said he lost the mentality of a winner. DE was probably his best bet for the single hit he needed. Like if Jogo had thought like Mahito maybe he could have pulled off the split second DE and gotten his hit that way without having to tug of war.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
Jogo's CT wasn't managing to land anyway, so even a brief domain battle could've conceivably given him a shot while Sukuna's own CT was disabled.

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

I was thinking this morning that I feel like Tsukumo might have been able to exorcise Jogo but I can't see Geto managing it. I could see a situation where Yuta gets lucky but it seems like a fight he would lose more often than not for sure.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Jogo would get bodied by most of the cast because he had accepted defeat into his heart.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Jogo was just unlucky because Gojo's bullshit basically makes him completely immune to "immense physical destructive power." In any other contest of raw power, he'd probably win against pretty much anyone else who isn't named Sukuna.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Re-reading the Kyoto arc I just hope that Gege can make up for crippling Todo before the final fight. And let Chose and Yuji have a totally in-sync brother sequence.

Tosk posted:

I was thinking this morning that I feel like Tsukumo might have been able to exorcise Jogo but I can't see Geto managing it. I could see a situation where Yuta gets lucky but it seems like a fight he would lose more often than not for sure.
I'm torn on Yuki because her power is amazing but lacks the same flexibility that Jogo has. Her only ranged attack is single use and then she has to have her Shikigami come back. However all she needs is one because crushing Jogo's head would be enough to win with just that attack and he definitely can't block it. Meanwhile Jogo has exploding shikigami, magma furnaces, and fireball spam as well as absurd speed. It's not like her RCT can't make up for this nor that she lacks the speed or reflexes to mitigate or dodge those factors. And I do agree she can win against Jogo but out of 10 fights, one might be her just suiciding with her singularity and making it a draw.

Agree about Geto, he really is dependent on what cursed spirits he can bring out but even other special grades pale in comparison to the Disasters. I think the fact that the others special grades we've seen appear to be more or less robots that repeat their conditions until the target is dead. With the exception of that one special grade that assimilated one of Sukuna's fingers. They can't really react to their opponents. Lower level spirits can have good synergy like that one Kenjaku used to constantly trip up Yuji followed by a torrent of centipedes. But if the opponent can heal and do so quicky, plus basically fly I think it would be difficult to pin Jogo down. Uzumaki is a fine enough hail mary but if it doesn't kill he's left depleted. Jogo probably just smokes the initial wave of cursed spirits and then smokes Geto.

Yuta is the most odd one because currently he's got a 5 minute time to make or break his case. A big problem with Jogo is his speed but I think Yuta's current kit actually has an answer for that with Dhruv's ability. Sky chick's power is great for handling attacks at all ranges plus the damage potential on the Sky punch. Rika is Rika, when she's amped up during the 5 minutes I don't think she's going to die to anyone less than Gojo or Sukuna purely on her own resilience. But the well of energy Yuta has to reinforce himself is his best defense here plus his ability to deploy RCT offensively as a possible instant finisher. He's got better chances than Geto for sure but he would have to be current Yuta and not pre-culling game Yuta purely for his lack of known copied abilities.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
Yuki wins via domain clash. Remember that's the call when CTs are a bad matchup but otherwise you're confident in your cursed energy manipulation and fisticuffs skills.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

yum posted:

Watching the latest anime episode, the open incantation for the black box is completely censored. I wonder what Sukuna meant when he was surprised that Jogo didn’t know about it since it’s apparently common knowledge but not accessible to cursed spirits. Did he mean it’s some esoteric knowledge of jujutsu not accessible to spirits, or maybe he meant it’s an ability that he’s used in the past and is part of the stories passed down about him?

It’s funny that he praises Jogo as strong but spent the entire time beating the poo poo out of him. If Jogo was a sorcerer, would he be considered special grade? You could probably wipe out a nation with something like maximum meteor

In the official volume during the Sukuna clash there is a sketch of Jogo sighing and saying "why are my opponents always like this" lol. He's absurdly powerful and after watching the episode I was thinking even if anyone (or group) took him on and did eke out a win there is pretty much no one other than Gojo who could have limited the damage so much. That said I'd be curious of a Domain clash between he and Okkotsu. I think Okkotsu's absurd level of CE would somewhat inure him to the inherent heat of Coffin of the Iron Mountain.

Really love how much they've also extended Toji's combat scenes both with Megumi and Dagon. think my favourite part is when Megumi is facing Toji then sees something behind him and it's also Toji, really slick piece of animation that also makes Toji's speed feel so incredible. The Rabbit kung fu was so so good lol, I'd heard about it and thought it'd be goofy but it works so well and is sick imo.

I'd also been thinking about Sukuna's "you don't know about this?" comment. I'd always read it as him doing something a curse hadn't heard of due to it being a sorcerer's technique or onewas exclusive to the old days that had been forgotten. The way it's phrased in the anime was the first time it hit my ear as "you didn't know the stories about my arrow?" which would make sense with Gojo presumably being a more recent incarnation of volcanoes.

Speaking of potential fights. How much I've enjoyed Takaba Vs Kenjaku makes me really interested in seeing him face off with Hakari and Higuruma specifically. Kenjaku finally getting to test his 30 years of slot machine theory or quoting archaic but still on the books laws at Judgement.

e:

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Nov 11, 2023

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Brought To You By posted:

Re-reading the Kyoto arc I just hope that Gege can make up for crippling Todo before the final fight. And let Chose and Yuji have a totally in-sync brother sequence.

I'm torn on Yuki because her power is amazing but lacks the same flexibility that Jogo has. Her only ranged attack is single use and then she has to have her Shikigami come back. However all she needs is one because crushing Jogo's head would be enough to win with just that attack and he definitely can't block it. Meanwhile Jogo has exploding shikigami, magma furnaces, and fireball spam as well as absurd speed. It's not like her RCT can't make up for this nor that she lacks the speed or reflexes to mitigate or dodge those factors. And I do agree she can win against Jogo but out of 10 fights, one might be her just suiciding with her singularity and making it a draw.

Agree about Geto, he really is dependent on what cursed spirits he can bring out but even other special grades pale in comparison to the Disasters. I think the fact that the others special grades we've seen appear to be more or less robots that repeat their conditions until the target is dead. With the exception of that one special grade that assimilated one of Sukuna's fingers. They can't really react to their opponents. Lower level spirits can have good synergy like that one Kenjaku used to constantly trip up Yuji followed by a torrent of centipedes. But if the opponent can heal and do so quicky, plus basically fly I think it would be difficult to pin Jogo down. Uzumaki is a fine enough hail mary but if it doesn't kill he's left depleted. Jogo probably just smokes the initial wave of cursed spirits and then smokes Geto.

Yuta is the most odd one because currently he's got a 5 minute time to make or break his case. A big problem with Jogo is his speed but I think Yuta's current kit actually has an answer for that with Dhruv's ability. Sky chick's power is great for handling attacks at all ranges plus the damage potential on the Sky punch. Rika is Rika, when she's amped up during the 5 minutes I don't think she's going to die to anyone less than Gojo or Sukuna purely on her own resilience. But the well of energy Yuta has to reinforce himself is his best defense here plus his ability to deploy RCT offensively as a possible instant finisher. He's got better chances than Geto for sure but he would have to be current Yuta and not pre-culling game Yuta purely for his lack of known copied abilities.
I more or less agree about Yuki, it could go either way. Depends on who hits first.

Kenjaku is better than Geto in pretty much every way. His collection is more impressive, he has RCT, he has Domain Expansion, he also knows how to use everything better than Geto did (When Geto used low grade curses they tended to get instantly crushed, meanwhile Kenjaku could easily combo them and reinforced them with his own CE to make them hit harder), and he has the gravity power. Kenjaku has been stated would struggle against Jogo in a straight fight, so I can’t really Geto besting Jogo.

Yuta is hard to judge cause we don’t know the exact copy circumstances, but from my analysis, his use of copy abilities seems to be a bit limited. For the five minutes he can use them, he seems to only be able to use one at a time, and has to go to Rika to swap to another, and he seems to only be able to use them once each instance.
Sky Manipulation also seems bad against Jogo because Jogo can attack from multiple angles with both Ember Insects, and by spawning volcanoes in blind spots. Jogo also appears to rival Yuta in CE. Still Yuta’s RCT could let him win.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
:yeah: The anime really did a good job showing how powerful Jogo is (since we all know Sukuna js the upper limit). Really hard to imagine who could stand against that onslaught of firepower combined with that speed. I think Yuta is supposed to have equivalent CE to Jogo’s 8-9 fingers, since he mentioned 20 finger Sukuna having more than double his own.

speaking of other good things I thought the anime did well, apart from everything Toji-related, piercing blood. That screeching sound effect + how easily sliced through the concrete ceilings totally sold me on it.

edit:
I don’t see Yuki beating Jogo without DE, she doesn’t have anything defense related to handle him.

The thing with Kenjaku is that he doesn’t have to fight Jogo head on. If he wears Jogo down enough, he can pokeball him. Head on fight is a different story though

I think Yuta could do it, we haven’t seen what he’s really capable of yet. He was holding back during the Sendai fight by only using known copied techniques and he didn’t want to kill his opponents with the exception of the cockroach special grade. He 1 shots cursed spirits with RCT if he can penetrate their defenses, so if he can get Rika to catch Jogo, it’s game over.

yum fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Nov 11, 2023

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

I more or less agree about Yuki, it could go either way. Depends on who hits first.

Kenjaku is better than Geto in pretty much every way. His collection is more impressive, he has RCT, he has Domain Expansion, he also knows how to use everything better than Geto did (When Geto used low grade curses they tended to get instantly crushed, meanwhile Kenjaku could easily combo them and reinforced them with his own CE to make them hit harder), and he has the gravity power. Kenjaku has been stated would struggle against Jogo in a straight fight, so I can’t really Geto besting Jogo.

Yuta is hard to judge cause we don’t know the exact copy circumstances, but from my analysis, his use of copy abilities seems to be a bit limited. For the five minutes he can use them, he seems to only be able to use one at a time, and has to go to Rika to swap to another, and he seems to only be able to use them once each instance.
Sky Manipulation also seems bad against Jogo because Jogo can attack from multiple angles with both Ember Insects, and by spawning volcanoes in blind spots. Jogo also appears to rival Yuta in CE. Still Yuta’s RCT could let him win.

Yeah, Kenny is far better at using Geto's kit than Geto every was. I think the problem there was that Geto lost his drive as a sorcerer and was always disillusioned about his own strength due to his proximity to Gojo. He might have been special grade but he didn't apply himself the same way Gojo had been or did after the Toji incident.

As for Yuta, I actually hadn't considered that he needs to swap out abilities via Rika. I don't think that is the case but I can agree he's with Rika each time between using a new ability. I think the reason he isn't shifting around is due to him only having at best 3 powers in a fight that had a time limit in which he lost his own cursed technique for maybe a minute out of 5 total. Not using Cursed speech a 2nd time was probably him acknowledging that Uro tanked both him and Rika after the first usage so he switched to Dhruv's power. Said power is a light counter to Uro because she got cut by 4 trails which includes the one left behind by the Shikigami she pulled in and squashed. Yuta can however use powers more than once because he both warped space and then used Thin-ice breaker back to back in the final moments.

So under the assumption that he both can use abilities multiple times, and doesn't need to check in with Rika to swap. I think with some polish even those three powers together along with his RCT give him better odds. I do still think that swapping between Dhruv and Uro's powers give Yuta at the bare minimum good space control as even Uro's power lets him swirl all the space around him and fling it in another direction, carrying the momentum of anything that was aimed at him with it. I think if he can get in close he's got better odds than trying to out-zone Jogo and he's got some tools that would help him do that.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Fauxjo

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

JJK #FraudWatch

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Break weeks are tolerable to watch r/Jujutsufolk fall into insanity. I wonder how they'd handle an OP-style month pause.

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

Pierson posted:

Break weeks are tolerable to watch r/Jujutsufolk fall into insanity. I wonder how they'd handle an OP-style month pause.

It's been pretty good this go around.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The Bandit Kenjaku icon lol

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://www.reddit.com/r/Jujutsufolk/comments/17uu0il/animated_by_akina8_one_of_the_jjk_s2_animators/

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Electric Phantasm posted:

The Bandit Kenjaku icon lol

It's so drat good

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Apparently the JJK anime is running into problems?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Gologle posted:

The staff has been pushed very hard, and have been posting bitter posts on twitter. But at the same time it’s been a while that it’s been happening and people have doomsayers about it.

Aka the production has been troubled for a while, and people are nervous it will fall apart, but the show has not shown signs that it will.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Nov 15, 2023

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Gologle posted:

MAPPAs been on an insane schedule for years now.
Im surprised it took this long for them to burn out.

The anime industry is built on the back of people being burnt at both ends by the industry.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

No.

Anyway, good news! No break next week!

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

The staff has been pushed very hard, and have been posting bitter posts on twitter. But at the same time it’s been a while that it’s been happening and people have doomsayers about it.

Aka the production has been troubled for a while, and people are nervous it will fall apart, but the show has not shown signs that it will.

I don’t know, I think we’re gonna see some really glaring holes in the episode past this week’s one based on everything they’re saying.

Mappa has pulled out miracles before on these hellish productions, but I think this might be the time they hit the breaking point. There were already some glaring gaps in the Dagon stuff.

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

I didn't notice anything in particular while I watched, where were there noticeable problems with the animation?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

it took me a while to realize that this was not, in fact, Chuck McGill

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Yeah, for one, (Better Call Saul spoilers) Chuck McGill killed himself

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012
The entire JJK twitter tag is just horny fanart right now.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

GreenMetalSun posted:

Of Takaba?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

GreenMetalSun posted:

Good for them

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Jerkface posted:

Of Takaba?

His cursed technique is influencing reality too: he thought it'd be very funny if people were horny for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

Good for them

Good for all of us really.