Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i think shanks is a good guy and is mostly maintaining peace until luffy can gently caress up the government. but hes gonna go after the one piece to gatekeep luffy to test if hes ready to take on the WG when he learns the truth and just have a blast doing it.

also i think blackbeards gonna kill him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Dawgstar posted:

It would be nice to have a lady captain in the Straw Hat fleet.

I imagine we're gonna get Carrot with a Mink division at the very least

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

anime was right posted:

i think shanks is a good guy and is mostly maintaining peace until luffy can gently caress up the government. but hes gonna go after the one piece to gatekeep luffy to test if hes ready to take on the WG when he learns the truth and just have a blast doing it.

also i think blackbeards gonna kill him

I need Lucky Roux to just go around headshotting CDs for about a dozen chapters or so

Baron La Croix
Nov 2, 2010

rastah farah
sonnah maddah fah
Kuma pushes all the pain he's accumulated over a lifetime straight into Saturn's big dumb monster face, exploding him.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

When did Fisher Tiger release all the slaves? It was 12 years ago in the story right?

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Desumaytah posted:

Could Wapol's devil fruit allow him to eat other devil fruits without dying? Other devil fruit users?

I never got why suicide-happy Kaido never bothered trying to eat any other random devil fruit he came across.

kaido's suicide hobby was recontextualized through what we learn about him and his backstory. he's not interested in just "dying" but rather dying in a big and notable way. he lives for the spectacle and wanted to start a ragnarok. jumping from a fuckin sky island also fits, to see if he can survive it. something as straightforward as "eating something which will guarantee kill you" doesn't really fit

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Larryb posted:

Plus with everything going on Vivi’s got a good reason to join the Strawhats now (the WG killed her dad after all). I’m particularly curious how her reunion with Robin is gonna go down

Robin pulls the "Chopper!" trick again and Vivi is immediately onboard.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
VP reveals how to eat 2 fruits and Robin eats the Paw fruit so she can 1000 hand slap away an entire army in an instant.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Desumaytah posted:

Could Wapol's devil fruit allow him to eat other devil fruits without dying? Other devil fruit users?

I never got why suicide-happy Kaido never bothered trying to eat any other random devil fruit he came across.

It did in the Drum Island movie when he ate his non-canon brother and instead of dying it just merged them and both their devil fruit powers together, but movies also play extremely fast and loose with the rules of the OP setting

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

I really want to see Robin force feed a DF to someone already with a DF at least once.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Honestly if Bege really wanted to assassinate Big Mom all he'd have had to do was take a tiny slice of a devil fruit and hide it in the wedding cake and things would have gone down much easier for literally everyone.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Drakkel posted:

Honestly if Bege really wanted to assassinate Big Mom all he'd have had to do was take a tiny slice of a devil fruit and hide it in the wedding cake and things would have gone down much easier for literally everyone.

You're saying that like devil fruits just grow on trees or something :dadjoke:

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
All joking aside, getting your hands on a Devil Fruit before some ignorant kid or rando who has no idea what they're holding chomps down on it seems pretty rare on average. Plus they seen pretty valuable (especially if you're lucky to get your hands on one of the documented ones) so if Bege won that lottery then he might have decided it was better to hold onto it and make some mad bank instead of potentially wasting it on a risky assassination plan.

Edit: I might be mis-remembering, but wasn't part of the plan basically "look, there's this hardcore Berserk-looking mo-fo who can see like a minute into the future, we need to be able to pull this all off before he pile-drives our plot into the loving ground."

MechanicalTomPetty fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Nov 11, 2023

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Aside from the rarity and cost of DF's you also have a bunch of unknowns/obstacles like:
- Bege has access to the cake to get a mirror inside but did he have access to the entire cake baking process?
- if so do we know exactly how baking a devil fruit into a cake works? like is it the very first person who eats a substantial amount or just the first person who tastes it who gets the powers? what if the cook tastes some of the batter and gets the powers/explodes? what if literally any of the 100 people in there take a tiny finger-swipe taste of this massive cake as it is wheeled past and the plan is just wiped?
- what if baking the devil fruit down just effectively destroys it instead?
- assuming you can guarantee fruits baked into cakes work and nobody will taste/eat it before Big Mom, are you sure the rumors about the effects of a second fruit are true? have you actually seen/confirmed what happens? maybe the person who eats a second fruit just throws it back up but everyone has been too afraid to try? maybe someone substantially powerful enough could shrug off whatever the deadly effect is? what if Big Mom is like Blackbeard and just gets more powerful?

It seems like a good old "shoot her with poison dart bazookas" plan has fewer variables, and ones that you can more directly control

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Also assumes Big Mom wouldn't taste it and immediately spit it out either given how disgusting they are either.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

I think that Ace novel did confirm that whoever takes the first bite of a devil fruit gets the power, it's just a nasty tasting fruit to anyone else after that.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream

Guy A. Person posted:

- if so do we know exactly how baking a devil fruit into a cake works? like is it the very first person who eats a substantial amount or just the first person who tastes it who gets the powers? what if the cook tastes some of the batter and gets the powers/explodes? what if literally any of the 100 people in there take a tiny finger-swipe taste of this massive cake as it is wheeled past and the plan is just wiped?

Well we know that eating someone with a fruit works just fine, so there's that at least! :v:

Man, I wonder if that's how they managed to make a sword "eat" a Devil Fruit; like they just mixed it into the alloy when they were forging and that actually loving worked.

...On second thought, maybe that's why they didn't go with the cake option.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Though in that case would just smearing the juices from a devil fruit onto a person’s skin be enough to give them the powers, I assume that’s how objects “eat” them anyway (but if that were true didn’t Kalifa cut her fruit up with utensils before eating it and therefore the powers should have gone to one of those instead?)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Nov 11, 2023

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Bege should have shot Big Mom with a gun

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
Bege should have punched Big Mom really hard.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Larryb posted:

Though in that case would just smearing the juices from a devil fruit onto a person’s skin be enough to give them the powers, I assume that’s how objects “eat” them anyway (but if that were true didn’t Kaku cut his fruit up with utensils before eating it and therefore the powers should have gone to one of those instead?)

Kaku ate his fruit like a banana, Kalifa ate the other one with utensils.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Mraagvpeine posted:

Kaku ate his fruit like a banana, Kalifa ate the other one with utensils.

Ah right, point still stands with the name changed

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I assume there's also some level of intentionality to it

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i dont think it will ever matter

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
There has to be more to it than any form of contact because if that was it you'd have fruit trees and boxes spontaneously coming alive as soon as a fruit transformed.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Drakkel posted:

no that's cheating, bege would never do something so dishonorable, I believe in his integrity

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I could see Sunny's Klabautermann getting Kuma's fruit.They did hang out with Kuma for 2 years, and it's possible that it was Sunny who told Kuma that Bonny was in danger rather than Vegapunk.

Dawgstar posted:

Aren't the Tontata lead by a princess?

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Gyges posted:

Aren't the Tontata lead by a princess?

Nah, the captain of the Tontatta Pirates is Leo.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Guy A. Person posted:

Aside from the rarity and cost of DF's you also have a bunch of unknowns/obstacles like:
- Bege has access to the cake to get a mirror inside but did he have access to the entire cake baking process?
- assuming you can guarantee fruits baked into cakes work and nobody will taste/eat it before Big Mom, are you sure the rumors about the effects of a second fruit are true? have you actually seen/confirmed what happens? maybe the person who eats a second fruit just throws it back up but everyone has been too afraid to try? maybe someone substantially powerful enough could shrug off whatever the deadly effect is? what if Big Mom is like Blackbeard and just gets more powerful?

It seems like a good old "shoot her with poison dart bazookas" plan has fewer variables, and ones that you can more directly control

Also it's Bege and I feel like if someone suggested the poison plan instead of the gun plan he'd make the Luffy disgust face

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

what about cavendish

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
Just saw the theory that we might have already seen Rocks, frozen in Level 5 in Chapter 535

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Havoc904 posted:

Just saw the theory that we might have already seen Rocks, frozen in Level 5 in Chapter 535

Pretty sure Oda gave that guy a name in an SBS at some point so it's probably not Rocks even though he kinda looks like the silhouette

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Kairo Kureyo, informally translated as Spara Heetpack

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Henceforth this date shall forever be known as Zoro’s birthday.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

as you wish

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/OP_Netflix_Fan/status/1723197625732882785

Sanji hitting a perfect nair

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
Still kinda weird we got a guy named rockstar on shanks crew and his hair looks like rocks'

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

rocks' tar

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Not to become the reddit guy, but there's a lot of fun theories going on over nowadays, few fun ones:

Kuma might have been at Sabody not to save the Strawhats, but to say goodbye to Bonnie before his cyborg-ification was complete.

Now that we have Sapphire Scale in addition to Amber Lead, people are pointing out that each planet can be related to various gemstones, and Jupiter ties to sapphires. They could be creating or related to both diseases.

Floodgates on cast/crew stuff is fun to see too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also with Wano wrapping up in just another episode or so I’ll be curious how the anime handles the Im scene as even their gender was kind of in question after their last appearance (assuming the anime gets to that part before their identity is revealed in the manga that is), maybe they’ll put a voice filter over the VA and leave them uncredited for a bit or something