Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

me too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Not only was it a flop it was also a charge.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

no the defensive player was clearly moving to his right

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

euphronius posted:

no the defensive player was clearly moving to his right

defending players are allowed to move. they dont need to be stationary. the rules say that it’s a charge if the contact is initiated by the player on offense

i understand not knowing this if your an embiid or giannis fan though since they almost never call them for charges

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

from nba website

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

I can't take the opinion of someone who refuses to see Jokic's brilliance seriously on anything basketball related.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it is true that Giannis gets away with like 10 charges a game

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

people like giannis though

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ferdinand the Bull posted:

I can't take the opinion of someone who refuses to see Jokic's brilliance seriously on anything basketball related.

jokic is an all timer and will probably deservedly win his 3rd mvp this season

or after the season whatever

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

my prediction for tonight is that the refs are going to cook dubs for the Clippers and the Warriors. I don’t believe they will let the Warriors lose another even though they are doodoo from an rear end, and I think that they are going to sneak a clippers fix in to soften some of the LAC hate.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

a new study bible! posted:

my prediction for tonight is that the refs are going to cook dubs for the Clippers and the Warriors. I don’t believe they will let the Warriors lose another even though they are doodoo from an rear end, and I think that they are going to sneak a clippers fix in to soften some of the LAC hate.

the Warriors need someone who can actually put the ball in the basket other than Steph and that 5'7" white guy who made like 3 shots in under a minute at the end of the last game

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I’m less certain of the Warriors than I am that the Nuggets are going to get jobbed tonight, but it’s hard to imagine the NBA letting Steph get beat down again.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

I’m less certain of the Warriors than I am that the Nuggets are going to get jobbed tonight, but it’s hard to imagine the NBA letting Steph get beat down again.

the line is nuggets -4.5. i'll take the nuggets, loser donates $10 to Goon Fund, how's that?

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

euphronius posted:

jokic is an all timer and will probably deservedly win his 3rd mvp this season

or after the season whatever

Ok, now I take you seriously.

Philadelphia handled that Harden drama masterfully. They opened up a bunch of cap space for a beautiful trade later this season. Maxey is a 110% upgrade over James Harden. Philly is my favorite Tier 1 team to play with in 2K. Embiid just bodies people.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I would have traded Harden for Batum straight up and moved on.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Giannis (and I guess Embiid) should get away with 10 charges a game because 1) superstars 2) refs let defenders foul them all the time so it's only fair

Big Vick is gonna get that treatment in a couple years that will pave his run to 5 consecutive championships and 7 MVPs (inshallah he stays healthy)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think it’s funny embiid attempts to avoid the charge and Boston fans yell “flop!”

there is no pleasing some people

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

His very existence is a foul

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

kingcobweb posted:

the line is nuggets -4.5. i'll take the nuggets, loser donates $10 to Goon Fund, how's that?

In honor of the holiday season I’ll send 10 bux to the goon fund regardless once I get paid again. I think that the Nuggets should absolutely win, but the refs are going to keep the game close and I wouldn’t be surprised if they give LAC a hand a W. The narrative of knocking off the defending champs is powerful enough to reverse the Harden negativity and I think that’s gonna play in the minds of the zebras.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

My guess is that they're done giving MVPs to Jokic. The voters are super concerned about historical precedent and he's already got 2. They're not gonna give him more than 3 in his career if they can avoid it, so they'll save his last one in case he has another undeniable season.

It's Doncic's turn, assuming the Mavs end up with a good enough record they can justify it. If he can put up a comparable season to the other contenders, he's gonna get it.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
he absolutely can't, but I don't think that matters. if he's top five in a smattering of egghead stats he'll get it

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I don’t think the Mavs will maintain their level of success. this could be Tatum’s only chance though.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

if Dallas is a 1-2 seed i think he’s got it yeah

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

euphronius posted:

if Dallas is a 1-2 seed i think he’s got it yeah

I'd say top 3 but yeah, top 4 if his top line PTS/REB/AST numbers are better than anyone else.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hes probably going to win the scoring title . Unless his burger per day stat eclipses 2.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ant is also in the running I think

I doubt the nba writers notice the east conf this year. they are sad after their west conf had a down year

(down regular season )

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

According to Charania, writing for The Athletic:

“NBA teams are probing the availability of two-time All-Star guard Zach LaVine and there’s been increased openness from the organization and player about exploring a trade, league sources said.”

get in

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

morey gonna work his magic?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I would not trade Tobias for Lavigne

you’d have to find salary somewhere

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

euphronius posted:

I doubt the nba writers notice the east conf this year. they are sad after their west conf had a down year

(down regular season )

He's a year, maybe two away from that unless he somehow plays a step above what he's at now. Basically they're not gonna give it to someone in the first year they led a deep playoff run unless they've got crazy undeniable numbers. Winning the MVP is as much about how many times someone is snubbed as much as it is about their current season.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

i cite the Derrick rose exception

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Claxton is back and the nets are undefeated since his return. Incoming winstreak?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

euphronius posted:

(down regular season )

the nba media won't ignore the eastern conference as long as boston is in it

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I don’t think the Mavs will maintain their level of success. this could be Tatum’s only chance though.

:pwn:

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

euphronius posted:

i cite the Derrick rose exception

He's the exception that proves the rule. It is possible to have a season so undeniable that they don't feel they have any choice but to give it to him as Rose did.

But it's been more than a decade since it happened last and I think Rose's post-MVP season career has made them less likely to give it out to a newer player. Rose is going to be the only MVP in NBA history to not make the Hall of Fame, at least unless the HoF voters put him in solely based on that MVP season which doesn't seem likely.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

“exception which proves the rule “ means something like a sign that says “parking only on Sundays”. that is the exception that proves the rule that parking is not allowed M-Sat

edit

the internet seems to indicate your usage is also expected

ok then

euphronius has issued a correction as of 23:26 on Nov 14, 2023

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
embiid plays zero transition defense

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

offensive rebounds are transition defense

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Pretty sure Steph is out tonight, dubs are gonna lose by like forty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

the nbatv volume slider is really weirdly designed

:dafuq: