Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

roomtwofifteen
Jul 18, 2007

"Braid on Switch" is the funniest thing to throw in there at the end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
Silk song is going to be a headliner at a console makers major reveal event. Not an indie showcase.

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006

roomtwofifteen posted:

"Braid on Switch" is the funniest thing to throw in there at the end

I loved Braid so much back on Xbox 360. Glad to see it's getting some anniversary love... although I literally just bought it on Steam 'cause it's on special.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
They announced a new Team Ladybug game, so that justified the whole thing easily.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiocMlIG5lE

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

I didn't expect Outer Wilds to actually come out, and especially with the DLC built in. If it's reasonably cheap I may well double dip on that.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The only good thing about Braid is Jonathan Blow crying over Soulja Boy enjoying it incorrectly

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Braid...A Game That Matters...and all for the price of a cheeseburger...

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
The Circus Mystery game looked fun, I like mystery games. Outer Wilds pwns, glad it's finally releasing after being announced in 2019. Everything else I can leave.

Hope Silksong comes out soon for Hollow Knight fans!

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I'm at work. Did they announce a release date for Backpack Hero?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Today

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
It's still in early access on Steam, otherwise I would have picked it up by now.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

John Wick of Dogs posted:

The only good thing about Braid is Jonathan Blow crying over Soulja Boy enjoying it incorrectly

A classic:

"They got this game, right, for people who smoke or people who drink, like if you drink beer and you get drunk or you smoke weed and you get high..."

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I remember Soulja Boy posting some videos of him visiting arcades in Japan and going nuts over them. True gamer

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

My condolences to all of you Silksong awaiters.

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

Target is sending me Mario RPG early, apparently, but still hasn't sent me Star Ocean 2.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Dracula Appraiser posted:

To be fair, I'm saying this about those types of people, because it's always 1 of 2 people. Either they haven't touched an old game since they were under the age of 15, and wouldn't notice the objective quality of it. Which is completely fair. Or the way more common type recently, is the kind of person that sees a streamer play an old game. And the person bases their entire opinion on this game they never played around the streamer, and the 50 mentally ill people in chat that parrot the streamer the entire time. "Now that I played the forest level, time to play something else. Game still good." And the person who never touched it makes that their entire identity when the game comes up.

I've seen the exact opposite happen with Sonic Mania a year or 2 ago. People argue it's bad because streamers got filtered by level 4, and threw tantrums. It's always Flying Battery Zone that sets them off. So then these people watching go out and argue that Sonic Mania was always poo poo. "It doesn't respect my time!" and stupid arguments like that.

catching up on this thread and lol. i first played legacy of darkness two years ago, then replayed it to do a run as the revolver knight. it was fun and i found the hate to be massively overstated. also I've literally never seen anyone say that about sonic mania. now die

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Yeah everyone knows the worst zone in Mania is either Lava Reef or Titanic Monarch

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I lost at Titanic Monarch the day I bought the game three years ago. Every three months I pick the game up for 20 minutes and lose at titanic monarch again.

EDIT: Oh I can turn off the time limit in options???? wtf why did I not google "titanic monarch too hard" three years ago.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Nov 14, 2023

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Looper posted:

catching up on this thread and lol. i first played legacy of darkness two years ago, then replayed it to do a run as the revolver knight. it was fun and i found the hate to be massively overstated. also I've literally never seen anyone say that about sonic mania. now die

:thumbsup:

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.
Finally beat the last special world level on Wonder. That was a lot of deaths. Most deaths due to...
Spring feet, jet run (so long to break the habit of jumping just before falling off v waiting a second) and that invisible one with the balloons.

Very much had no problem with flower voices and can't imagine why people would turn them off. Even when the same lines kept repeating Mid. Air. Spin. as I kept dying.

Absolutely glorious game. So much creativity. So much madness.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I need to watch the Direct but I've read some few posts and I'm so happy for Outer Wilds, I'd never have a chance to play it otherwise. December 7th... I need to clear my backlog bad. If it's expensive though I can wait for the physical version and do a trade-ins.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Sad Panda posted:

Finally beat the last special world level on Wonder. That was a lot of deaths. Most deaths due to...
Spring feet, jet run (so long to break the habit of jumping just before falling off v waiting a second) and that invisible one with the balloons.

Very much had no problem with flower voices and can't imagine why people would turn them off. Even when the same lines kept repeating Mid. Air. Spin. as I kept dying.

Absolutely glorious game. So much creativity. So much madness.

Took me probably 100 lives after losing almost none all game. The good news was I earned like 900 flower coins and finished my standee collection.

Great game

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

hatty posted:

Yeah everyone knows the worst zone in Mania is either Lava Reef or Titanic Monarch

Lava reef zone rules

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

These end up being helpful for me to organize my thoughts.

Shantae Advance: Risky Revolution a reboot of a cancelled game. Which is historically cool, but is it good? I never played any games of in the series but they have a good reputation.

Core Keeper a sort of farm sim? You make a town, dungeon delve, and go mining. I'm tired of the genre, but it's cool how multiplayer it is with 8 players online.

On Your Tail Anthropomorphic animal people do a thing. I guess it's a mystery game? While on vacation in an Italian inspired setting. The ad calls it a life-sim. But with some sort of mystery mechanic. Honestly... looks intriguing.

Howl a sort of tactical puzzler? Looks lovely, I wonder if it's challenging enough. Essentially you have to move around an enemy. Has a demo. Worth trying in my book.

The Star Named EOS narrative adventure puzzle game involving cameras. Looks neat and lowkey where you figure out where your mom went. Looks fine.

Backpack Hero Deckbuilder of sorts where you go into a dungeon with RE4 backpack. Then build a ton. I guess it's about inventory management but people say it's good.

Blade ChimeraLooks super stylish. If it plays smoothly could be a good 2D action game. Wouldn't mind one actually.

a highland songI guess you're chasing a deer? It reminds me of... I want to say Grey? Which didn't impress me much, but was pretty. It's Scottish. I think it's a narrative platformer with rhythm aspects. I guess you explore Scottish Mountains, but it seems real linear.

Moonstone Islanda deckbuilding life-sim. Yeah I'm good. But I'm sure it'll appeal like mad to someone.

Death Trick: Double BlindAnother adventure detective game set at a circus. Feels more Phoenix Wrightish since it's a investigative visual novel.

Outer Wilds: Archaeologist Edition I'm very excited for this. I never played it but I heard great things about it and people compare it to Majora's Mask which is an instant buy for me.

Planet of Lana Looks like that old game about being on an alien planet and getting off it. The title escapes me.

Enjoy the dinerI guess another adventure game/visual novel.

Heavenly Bodies a physics engine in space it would seem with puzzles.

The Gecko Gods 3D platformer with geckos as characters and island hopping?

Passpartout 2: The Lost Arist A game where you mspaint? I guess you're ona n island.

Urban Myth Dissolution Center I'm guessing another visual novel.

Braid, Anniversary EditionI remember enjoying this. A puzzle platformer.

So yeah a ton of visual novels/adventure mystery games. Outer Wilds is the standout, but quite a few games here look interesting enough if I had the time to bother to play them all. On Your Tail really seems to have a cool mystery mechanic, Howl seems fun, and Blade Chimera looks real slick. A Highland Song is a maybe. I do love rhythm games... we'll see.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
If nothing else, Shantae games have great music.

I will happily play the furry mystery game.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I realized I bought a European version of Torna off of Amazon. Is that going to be an issue?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

AlphaKeny1 posted:

Geno's got cool moves where he shoots fricken lasers and has a gun or cannon. He's also some kid's fantasy toy turned real, which is pretty awesome if you're playing this game as a kid. The star also chose Geno because it looked stronger than Mario and Bowser, which is pretty funny when he explains that directly to Mario's face.

But I always did Mario, Bowser, and Peach. I hate the start of the game where you're forced to use Mallow lol

Peach is so OP it's hard to not use her. You give her one easy to get item and she's practically invincible, doesn't take more than 1 damage at a time.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Ohtsam posted:

Silk song is going to be a headliner at a console makers major reveal event. Not an indie showcase.

It will be a launch title for the new Xbox

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It is impossible to tell if the canceled Sgangae is good. Personally I didn't like the gbc game or the dsi game, I think they started to get good with Pirates Curse.

So this one was mostly made before that, but finished after it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Khanstant posted:

Peach is so OP it's hard to not use her. You give her one easy to get item and she's practically invincible, doesn't take more than 1 damage at a time.

The new game apparently encourages benching her because you can swap downed characters for back row characters or just at any time, which ironically means it is smarter to keep her in reserve until needed

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
On behalf of the Serbs, we're very sorry for the Hillary Clinton sniper incident. Next time, we'll aim better.
I hope the Braid re-release contains save states, fast forward and other tools that

trivialize Blow's stupid message about obsession or whatever

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

The new game apparently encourages benching her because you can swap downed characters for back row characters or just at any time, which ironically means it is smarter to keep her in reserve until needed

Oh interesting I didn't realize they were touching the mechanics at all. I didn't like the look and don't play SNES RPGS without fast-forward so I just kinda tuned the remake out. If they're changing mechanics I would think they'd remove the invincible Peach Lazy Shell gimmick.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Yeah if you can just swap party members there's no reason to keep Peach on the front line except to swap her out for Group Hug. Which sucks for me because she's my favorite in the original, practically being invincible and having the best heal and a respectable attack plus Peach is cool.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Khanstant posted:

Are you referring to the Safety Ring or the Lazy Shell?

AlphaKeny1 posted:

Yeah if you can just swap party members there's no reason to keep Peach on the front line except to swap her out for Group Hug. Which sucks for me because she's my favorite in the original, practically being invincible and having the best heal and a respectable attack plus Peach is cool.

You are free to keep her in your party if you want to. There is nothing stopping you. Play the game how you want.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Sorry I'm a pro gamer I only use optimal builds

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Sorry I'm a pro gamer I only use optimal builds

The only optimal build is not to play

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

maybeadracula posted:

The only optimal build is not to play

How
A
Bout
A
Nice
Game
Of
Club
House
Games

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
HABANGOCHG?

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I realized I bought a European version of Torna off of Amazon. Is that going to be an issue?

they're all region free. mine is from japan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

hatty posted:

HABANGOCHG?

HABANGOCHGeez Nutz