Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Orange Devil posted:

Waiting with baited breath for examples of the 1% of cases in which supporting the US was right.

john brown was ok, idk about the other half %

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006
I can't say I'm terribly surprised that the IDF was so incredibly lazy with staging the Hospital Command Center, I expected a few more laptops or something but they really did just go in there and plant some guns next to an MRI machine and call it a day. Unlike the Iraq WMD thing though the Israel is clearly getting a much clearer global reputation has Hospital Bombers which is just such a weirdly evil national persona to adopt you have to wonder how western kayfabe is going to keep up. It might not be enough to get us to stop supporting Israel, but it may be enough to absolutely shred the reputation of the Biden admin harder and faster than Carter ate it. Like Ukraine I think this has the potential to slog on for quite a long time, and I imagine we can largely prop up Israel indefinitely on the money front, but I have hard time imagining that something won't eventually break the status quo of unlimited western support for such universally reviled actions.

That said I really don't have the faintest idea where that could come from before the next US election, because I think someone is going to have to eat real political poo poo for this before you see a collective move to walking back support for the Hospital Bombing Faction. Is there even any chance of some kind of boil over crisis in the UN that could meaningfully impact western support? From media control to the dollar hegemony it does not seem like there are a lot of real areas where the rest of the world could meaningfully pressure western support for Israel. Like I can't imagine anyone is going to sanction the US for this, so does that mean we're pretty much baked in for watching the entire western world make excuses until their next election cycles?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
so they didn’t manage to find the tunnels last night either, huh

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

The Archaic posted:

It's the Saving Private Ryan beach scene but the medics are frantically jerking off dead soldiers

What did you do in the war dad?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
while israel kills babies hamas helps bring babies into this life

===

Agence France-Presse, on the authority of the Israeli Prime Minister’s Office: A hostage among those held by Hamas gave birth to a child in Strip

https://x.com/ajmubasher/status/1724857766626349231?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Joementum posted:

so they didn’t manage to find the tunnels last night either, huh

I was prepared for tunnels. I’ve been in lots of hospitals that have tunnels! even that wouldn’t be within a mile of damning.

this poo poo would be insanely funny if not for the whole active genocide component.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Orange Devil posted:

Waiting with baited breath for examples of the 1% of cases in which supporting the US was right.

just covering my bases in case there's something I can't think of right now

Zeppelin Insanity
Oct 28, 2009

Wahnsinn
Einfach
Wahnsinn
they should make a cum patrol merkava

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

quote:

"The Hagana" organization in Netanya
Magen David Adom station

In this place, a Magen David Adom station operated. The station also served as a cover for The Hagana's command center in Netanya - the military arm of the upcoming nation.
:thunk:

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

ungulateman posted:

the political compass goes like this

pro israel pro ukraine: burger
pro israel anti ukraine: just loves fascism
anti israel pro ukraine: imperialism is bad
anti israel anti ukraine: only consistent belief is opposition to burger

in the original Weibo version bottom right was "India"

Realtalk, throwing out some sincerity for the GBS crowd: I'd say the anti-Israel pro-Ukraine vs. Anti-Israel Anti-Ukraine really comes down to the granularity of your moralism.

The former is first and foremost because both are brutal unecessary grinding wars that were imposed upon them by outside forces; invasion is horrific so the moral stance is to oppose the invader in both scenarios. Stop the death, stop the annexation. If Palestine was full-scale invading Israel, committing wide-scale atrocities, and Israel was on the backfoot, maybe many in this camp would support Israel (or would remain firm in their stance for a ceasefire)

The latter's morality is on a larger scale; Israel's in the wrong because they're an ethnosupremacy state, Ukraine isn't a state to cheer for because it's a corrupt couped state whos politics have been consumed by post-soviet fascism. The calculus is mainly in what the best long-term outcome would be. If Israel was an egalitarian and tolerant society, and Palestine an ethnosupremacy state that wants to kill all jews & destroy jewish artifacts, then some possibly would support Israel over Palestine even with the brutality involved.

It's the situation where Israel is both the aggressor and a horrifying society that allows some degree of strange synthesis here.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

people are horrified at Biden doubling-down on the hospital being a Hamas base but like, even if Obama was president right now, or Mitt Romney, or whoever the gently caress, what could any of them say that wouldn't also be reprimanding Israel? there's no way to walk this back without actually wanting to walk it back and having to admit you were wrong

George W Bush did and that was only 20 yrs ago

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

Orange Devil posted:

Suez crisis?

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Zeppelin Insanity posted:

they should make a cum patrol merkava

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

“The first cum posts were committed by Israel. By having their cumquarters, their military, under a cum conservation regime. That’s a fact. That happened."

"We’ve discussed the need for cum posters to be incredibly careful."...

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
lol whats the deal with germany

quote:

33m ago (11:40 GMT)

German police raid groups over alleged Hezbollah ties

The officers searched 54 properties in seven federal states during a crackdown on Hezbollah activities and related organisations, according to the Interior Ministry.

The Hamburg Islamic Centre and five affiliated groups were raided in Hamburg, Lower Saxony, Hesse, Berlin, Baden-Wuerttemberg and North Rhine-Westphalia.

No arrests were made during the raids, which were carried out to secure evidence on the suspicion that the groups support the activities of the Lebanese organisation.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

fits my needs posted:

weird question

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

ungulateman posted:

pro israel pro ukraine: burger
pro israel anti ukraine: just loves fascism
anti israel pro ukraine: imperialism is bad
anti israel anti ukraine: only consistent belief is opposition to burger

Except in Ukraine we have 2 empires fighting a proxy war, so is imperialism in both sides

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Ukraine vs Russia is a question of which oligarchs you owe your fealty to. I think about a 1/3rd at least mildly prefer Russian oligarchs. They've been fighting for a decade over this.

Palestine vs Israel is a war of extermination by Nazis going on 70+ years. 0% of Palestinians want to be exterminated.

They really aren't similar at all.

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!

The Archaic posted:

It's the Saving Private Ryan beach scene but the medics are frantically jerking off dead soldiers

I'm getting tired of all this antisemenism.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Idk what they will present today. It was supposed to be Hamas HQ. Shouldn’t be that hard to find something to present if it was real lol. There should have been a massive firefight as well.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

The Archaic posted:

Why don’t they just have their soldiers jerk off before they go into battle?

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Raccooon posted:

Every soldier wears dog tags and a little vial of cum.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Raccooon posted:

that's a sin you weirdo

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Raccooon posted:

Yeah if the nazis are obsessed over this why do they forget until after some dude is killed. Isn't it usually more of a problem to get your soldiers to stop jerking off? There's probably plenty of samples inside those Merkavas. You never know what they've been watching in their app tanks.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
It really does seem like a perverse fascist fetish that they do this act of brave cum commandos storming the beach to harvest IDF loads. Make them jerk off into a tube and freeze it before they enter active duty if it matters so much. A fridge and vial can't cost that much.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Orange Devil posted:

Gotta hand it to the fucks that they did at least participate in WWII, and of the major allies, were the least belligerent with the Soviets while doing so for the majority of the war.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Raccooon posted:

Uhhh, why did we invent this 360 degree no scope jerkoff-35 helmet if we weren't gonna use it??

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

fits my needs posted:

for the record: the Germany thread in D&D basically runs on very relaxed rules (note the thread title), so you can just ask there

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
lol it was a rhetorical question

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Neurolimal posted:

It really does seem like a perverse fascist fetish that they do this act of brave cum commandos storming the beach to harvest IDF loads. Make them jerk off into a tube and freeze it before they enter active duty if it matters so much. A fridge and vial can't cost that much.

They do it for reservists killed in training accidents too, so they'd need to keep their entire adult male population's cum on ice indefinitely.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
https://twitter.com/RiverToSea48/status/1725070938700439771?t=rPTtibNWNefSOEegiH61oA&s=19

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

ungulateman posted:

pro israel pro ukraine: just loves fascism
pro israel anti ukraine: ???
anti israel pro ukraine: dumbass
anti israel anti ukraine: correct

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

So the equivalent of finding a couch with a plastic covering in an Italian Red Brigade hideout and assuming it was to prevent blood seeping into the fabric.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

The Soviets would've defeated the Nazis eventually, but America defeating Japan was a good thing so there's your 1%. People vastly underestimate the level of psychotic murder and mayhem caused by the Japanese. They likely killed quite a bit more than the German Nazis (possibly as much as double) and were arguably more brutal. History tends to have fairly mild names for things so when conquering a city is almost universally referred to as a 'raping' you get the idea.

We should have more poo poo honoring Nimitz as he's one of our few non-baby killing war leaders.

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

FuzzySlippers posted:

We should have more poo poo honoring Nimitz as he's one of our few non-baby killing war leaders.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itwM5TuUi-Q

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023
edit: okay no more cum jokes :(

Engorged Pedipalps has issued a correction as of 13:42 on Nov 16, 2023

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Hamas Souls 2: Scholar of the First Warcrime

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

https://twitter.com/YWNReporter/status/1725063373002338451?s=20

The IAF also blew up Ismail Haniyeh's house. He lives in Qatar anyway.

I'm the creases on the flag lmao

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

The chain probe entries have been great. Thank you IKs for your service

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

lmao I saved that bit too

Big Reverend Kane vibes of ol' Genocide Joe

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/NewYorker/status/1725131972874309926?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

FuzzySlippers posted:

The Soviets would've defeated the Nazis eventually, but America defeating Japan was a good thing so there's your 1%. People vastly underestimate the level of psychotic murder and mayhem caused by the Japanese. They likely killed quite a bit more than the German Nazis (possibly as much as double) and were arguably more brutal. History tends to have fairly mild names for things so when conquering a city is almost universally referred to as a 'raping' you get the idea.

And yet the Soviets still did more to defeat Japan in a fortnight than the US did in 4 years.