Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I mean it’s definitely true that you don’t want everybody to see your big twist coming. You want them look back after the reveal and see the breadcrumbs, but not before that.

That said, if the only people figuring it out are insane Redditors then what the hell, who cares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Does Apple publish viewing data to their series? I'm curious about how much that 2 years (or more) delay between the season finale and the new one is going to affect who's going to continue watching. Because goddamn.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Combat Pretzel posted:

Does Apple publish viewing data to their series? I'm curious about how much that 2 years (or more) delay between the season finale and the new one is going to affect who's going to continue watching. Because goddamn.

Only Apple knows. They don't publish the numbers and it's not a big enough part of their business that they'd legally have to.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

None of the streaming companies share viewership data. Seeing those stats was actually one of the demands of the writers strike, and in the new agreement someone in the writers guild will get to see those numbers, as long as they never tell anyone.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
It's really silly, like a workplace sitcom gag except it's a real agreement they came to.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Khanstant posted:

It's really silly, like a workplace sitcom gag except it's a real agreement they came to.

And if that person reveals the numbers they have to become the ceo of the streaming companies butler.

Danzel Glovington
Mar 16, 2006

I'm too old to bury my son!

Yes, the Joseph Smith protocol.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Vegetable posted:

I mean it’s definitely true that you don’t want everybody to see your big twist coming. You want them look back after the reveal and see the breadcrumbs, but not before that.

That said, if the only people figuring it out are insane Redditors then what the hell, who cares.

You can't have it both ways though. If the breadcrumbs are there, someone is going to figure it out and you just have to make peace with that.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

Yeah, the pieces should be there even if they’re not entirely obvious on a first viewing. I think the first time I watched Fight Club I knew something wasn’t quite right before the reveal and then on rewatches it’s still enjoyable and the clues stand out a bit more. That’s an example of a good twist, I think. A lot of streaming shows and movies throw out hinting at anything altogether and then it feels cheap and takes away any desire for a rewatch.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Shutter Island worked for me that way too. A million tiny little things I just didn't even notice on the first watch, but they're all plain as day the next time through.

WonkyBob
Jan 1, 2013

Holy shit, you own a skirt?!
Finally cracked open my fancy Mondo S1 OST, thought the thread would appreciate some snaps.
Spoilered a few just in case they ruin any plot points for first timers.

Something odd I noticed with the Innie cards, Marks card is written to him and the rest are written about them.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Also the "Facts about Employee" is capitalized differently. Mistake? Super significant? Who knows

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

drat, that’s extremely cool.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
No one actually prefers cookies to ice cream, right?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

There are many types of ice cream. There is only one kind of cookie (double stuff Oreos)

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

No Wave posted:

I do but only because I've gotten older and mildly lactose intolerance, so now ice cream can upset my stomach. Prior to that they were about equal.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

No Wave posted:

Have you had a fresh homemade chocolate chip cookie lately? They are pretty incredible and may rank higher than most iced creams.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Cookies ftw. I will be having a cookie party to celebrate my number sorting achievements

^ I like "lately" implying there have been some surprising recent advancements in cookie technology

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Data Graham posted:

Cookies ftw. I will be having a cookie party to celebrate my number sorting achievements

^ I like "lately" implying there have been some surprising recent advancements in cookie technology

I've been back into Cookie Clicker the last week or so and buddy, let me tell you

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

WonkyBob posted:

Finally cracked open my fancy Mondo S1 OST, thought the thread would appreciate some snaps.

Something odd I noticed with the Innie cards, Marks card is written to him and the rest are written about them.

This is awesome!

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

This is an incredible package but I am kinda bothered that you don't seem to get an actual Defiant Jazz vinyl because that track is not from the OST. I'm still tempted though.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Randomly noticed Adam Scott is in some superhero movie trailer, checked out his credits, saw Party Down Season 3 is coming and this show Severance had a season out.

Found a streaming site around 1pm, checked out the 1st episode.

Just finished the 9th episode.

Goddamn.

Edit: Gonna read through this thread to see when folks started conjecturing about the twists/reveals. Feels like the good ol' days of Lost S1 thru S4 in TV/IV.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

kalensc posted:

Randomly noticed Adam Scott is in some superhero movie trailer, checked out his credits, saw Party Down Season 3 is coming and this show Severance had a season out.

Goddamn.

Edit: Gonna read through this thread to see when folks started conjecturing about the twists/reveals. Feels like the good ol' days of Lost S1 thru S4 in TV/IV.

guess u just got... severed...

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

kalensc posted:

Goddamn.

Party Down season 3 is not just coming but it is already out

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

holefoods posted:

Party Down season 3 is not just coming but it is already out

Sort of…you need starz or some bullshit to watch it.

a seagull
Apr 11, 2007

WonkyBob posted:

I enjoyed each of these images equally, thank you.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

kalensc posted:

I wonder what the Severance "Shannon was stabbed" is going to be?

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

Sort of…you need starz or some bullshit to watch it.

Just subscribe for a month and immediately cancel as soon as you are in. You paid, so you get the month, and you won't be charged again. Think of it like renting a video from blockbuster but you get it for a month.

I know that's not typically how we approach signing up for services but if you like party down the new season is definitely worth a month of whatever lovely streamer it's on.

WonkyBob
Jan 1, 2013

Holy shit, you own a skirt?!

Ror posted:

This is an incredible package but I am kinda bothered that you don't seem to get an actual Defiant Jazz vinyl because that track is not from the OST. I'm still tempted though.

I'll make do by putting the A side on that has the Defiant Jazz label and playing the actual song on another channel.

kalensc posted:

That Madame Web trailer looks... Not good.

https://support.starz.com/en_us/starz-free-trial-Syy8MVWys

You might be eligible for a free 7 day trial, worth a check.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
Necroing this thread because the thought of what would happen if gyms got access to Severance technology struck me and now you have to suffer with it too

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Jokes on both sides of me, wake up on the outside really bored and antsy, wondering what gym me is doing all day because neither of us would ever commit to it even if was the only thing to do. Probably set up some kind of fort near a TV using gym mats as walls.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Whybird posted:

Necroing this thread because the thought of what would happen if gyms got access to Severance technology struck me and now you have to suffer with it too

Thanks, I hate it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I don't know if it would be the worst. As long as you get to do different workouts. You wake up, do an exercise, cool down, sit in the sauna, take a shower, get dressed and head out. Then you wake up fully refreshed and do another workout. You get to see results in real time the next time you wake up. You could probably get gym bros to reverse severance where the innie lives their normal lives and the gym bros get to make the gym be their entire existence.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Oh I was mostly thinking about the body horror of being an outtie of a full time gym bro
How hosed would it be to wake up with a slightly stronger body every day with no control.

a seagull
Apr 11, 2007

Leon Sumbitches posted:

Oh I was mostly thinking about the body horror of being an outtie of a full time gym bro
How hosed would it be to wake up with a slightly stronger body every day with no control.

I'm willing to find out.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Leon Sumbitches posted:

I mean you could just... not go back to the gym.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

are you serious? what's going to happen to our gains if we let that happen

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

If it's just reps, don't connect the innie to conscious thought at all and don't let it make memories.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

a seagull posted:

I'm willing to find out.

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel J
Jan 3, 2008

the holy poopacy posted:

I mean you could just... not go back to the gym.

Fine imagine the horror of the gym bro innie when you eventually go back 30 years later with a frail body.