Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
you know who else wanted to make people not discuss certain media

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Guy A. Person posted:

Sounds like literally no two people can agree on what’s even happening in it so better advice would be to stop talking about it period

Oh! So it’s a mystery manga…

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Celestial mods don't want us talking about history very aus

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Plutonis posted:

Go talk about AOT on the AOT threads

Yeah, sorry, literally no idea why I posted that. I think it's lack of sleep. Or break week, same difference.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Anyway I do agree on how absurdly evil the CDs have been elevated to in the recent chapters given the whole tri-annual island manhunt poo poo.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Waffleman_ posted:

Wait, THAT'S how it ends?!

I haven't watched the end, just read it. But that was similar to the vibes I got. The end really sucked imo

Edit sorry saw the IK message.

Anyways one piece rules. A friend of mine just got to the raizo reveal on Zou.
The day before he was messaging me telling me the Zou arc was boring. Then he got the "let the adults handle it" *pass out* into raizo sequence and binge watches through the night.

RC Cola fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Nov 16, 2023

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Going back to the Celestial Dragons I assume some of the rank and file will get a chance to redeem themselves after seeing Mjosgard's heroic death and following his example in taking a principled stand. But God's Knights will get loving owned

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Going back to the Celestial Dragons I assume some of the rank and file will get a chance to redeem themselves after seeing Mjosgard's heroic death and following his example in taking a principled stand. But God's Knights will get loving owned

I think Imu will eat them all/absorb them like someone in this thread predicted

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Farg posted:

you know who else wanted to make people not discuss certain media

Yup!

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

I love it when Nami realizes the loophole in the Davey Back Fight that would let them instantly win and EVERYBODY is horrified and offended, including the blatant cheaters, because there are some things that are just sacred!

i dont remember this

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

scary ghost dog posted:

i dont remember this

They lose Chopper in the 1st match but win the second match. Instead of just getting Chopper back she suggests asking for Foxy so that he automatically loses the 3rd match against Luffy and they get Chopper back anyway.

Everyone is horrified because thats completely against the spirit of the game and besides, Luffy doesn't want Foxy on his crew!

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

scary ghost dog posted:

i dont remember this

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Nami fuckin owns

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I love all the random members of Foxy's crew thinking "he's definitely gonna pick me!" :allears:

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

I love that Nami and Robin had built-in camaraderie just by virtue of the fact they were on a ship together with some of world’s stupidest men

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

CommunityEdition posted:

Oh! So it’s a mystery manga…

Speaking of amazing running gags, I noticed on my recent reread that Luffy does this gag a lot more than I remembered, also there is this hilarious payoff in Jaya:

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

lol now i remember.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

RuBisCO posted:

Nami fuckin owns

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Clearly this foreshadows Luffy getting Shanks to join the crew in the 2nd round of their high stakes Davy Back fight for the One Piece

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
i think i'll be genuinely disappointed if it doesn't come down to a davy back fight in the end

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

mabels big day posted:

Clearly this foreshadows Luffy getting Shanks to join the crew in the 2nd round of their high stakes Davy Back fight for the One Piece

been saying this since the last thread. davy back fights will be back and the stakes will be huge

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

davy back fight where the winner in each round gets one of the ancient weapons

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Luffy's gonna win a round of Davy Back with the Blackbeard Pirates, and choose Stronger

..for LUNCH!!! :unsmigghh:

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
I genuinely buy into the theory of the Red Hair vs Straw Hat Davy Back fight

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I want it so badly, yeah :)

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

normies only recently started seeing skypeia as a great arc, davy back fight will get that same treatment eventually (but real heads already know; you think throwing three gold coins into the sea to start the davy back fight is just a bit? ha.. fools!.)

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Afro Luffy will make a comeback and he will kill Imu with soul

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Lpzie posted:

normies only recently started seeing skypeia as a great arc, davy back fight will get that same treatment eventually (but real heads already know; you think throwing three gold coins into the sea to start the davy back fight is just a bit? ha.. fools!.)

something like 2/3 of the davy back fight in the anime is filler and worse so people forget that in the manga it's one of the funniest parts of the entire story

i remember the translation i read had them yelling "peanut tactics" which i assume is some japanese phrase but that's why the speech bubbles are peanut shaped

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Afro Luffy will make a comeback and he will kill Imu with soul

I do expect Luffy to beat whatever the most super serious important person is with the dumbest poo poo imaginable because what else will he do?

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

the bitcoin of weed posted:

something like 2/3 of the davy back fight in the anime is filler and worse so people forget that in the manga it's one of the funniest parts of the entire story

i remember the translation i read had them yelling "peanut tactics" which i assume is some japanese phrase but that's why the speech bubbles are peanut shaped

Someone find the raw so we can get to the bottom of this

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Meme Emulator posted:

Someone find the raw so we can get to the bottom of this

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

they are in fact yelling peanuts

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
But why tho

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Foxy will somehow be at Laugh Tale. It will not be explained

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Supremezero posted:

But why tho

i don't know i can only read japanese not understand it

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Supremezero posted:

But why tho

Foxy and his crew are a bunch of weirdos

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

peanuts!

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Gologle posted:

Foxy will somehow be at Laugh Tale. It will not be explained

i fear blackbeard has killed foxy and given his fruit power to a gun, creating the ultimate weapon.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

scary ghost dog posted:

i fear blackbeard has killed foxy and given his fruit power to a gun, creating the ultimate weapon.

Blackbeard knows better than to gently caress with Foxy, one negative comment and Foxy's pit of despair will overwhelm even the gravitational force of the Dark-Dark Fruit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

i honestly expected vegapunk to have done so to study the noro noro photons and give a new beam weapon to the pacifistas