Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Oh hell yeah dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 6 days!)

where's the one with Sousuke and Tessa's kids...

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
In the trash where it belongs.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Mecha is saved, now animate frozen teardrop so I can force my friends to see what the gently caress is going on with Quattre's clone daughter sister and her two boyfriends A Kid trowa named after his sister and trained to be his body double and Zechs's terrible son.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I wonder if the lucky star manga about 33 year old kona chan was any good?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I forgot that I was on the first episode of Code Geass' second cour and got jumpscared by the new OP

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Jibun No.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

why does this one audio studio have simpsons font

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Is the name not enough reason?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Mecha is saved, now animate frozen teardrop so I can force my friends to see what the gently caress is going on with Quattre's clone daughter sister and her two boyfriends A Kid trowa named after his sister and trained to be his body double and Zechs's terrible son.

yes please

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Shinjobi posted:

yes please

Hathaway got animated, seeds movie is coming out, it's my turn to pick the trash gundam that gets animated

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Been real busy the past few weeks but I had the chance to get a few more 2022 anime movies in. Odd Taxi in the Woods was a decent take at recapping the series - the show is so tightly paced that trying to summarize it would quickly unravel, so it's good that most of the movie is framed as a series of interviews with the cast about the events of the show. Sadly that framing device is abandoned 3/4ths of the way through as it then plays the finale uninterrupted. Not a bad thing since the finale rules, just the interview portion ends so abruptly it's rather jarring to see how fast they drop it near the end. The few scenes that take place after the tv show's cliffhanger ending don't really add much but they aren't a detriment either. It makes for an enjoyable way to revisit the series without commiting to a full rewatch, at least.

The second part of The Orbital Children was a mess. I enjoyed the survival narrative going on in the first part and thought I knew what its angle was. After all, they're in a corporate-owned space station (built by not-Google, no less) and poo poo goes bad. You think that the second part would have something to say about that. But instead the survival narrative is mostly abandoned in lieu of everyone standing around in a room and inbetween some hacking battles, coming to the conclusion that overpopulation, not pollution from corporations, is what's responsible for climate change. It's unfortunate that the second movie wound up being so toothless. It makes it real difficult to recommend, despite how much I enjoyed the first movie.

I also got to see The Tunnel to Summer, the Exit of Goodbyes in a theater. Having a coherent translation this time around instead of jank fansubs was appreciated, and watching it after having read some of the book it's based on made me appreciate the movie some more. Particularly with how full of grief the protagonist is. The book goes overboard by making him see hallucinations of his dead sister, while the movie merely implies he's haunted by his memories of his sister instead of making it more literal. The book isn't terrible but it has a bunch of superfluous stuff that the movie wisely cuts out - a more accurate adaption of the book would make the movie feel like it's derivative of Shinkai rather than inspired by.

Next on my list are the Penguindrum recap movies. Watched the show as it aired and I loved it, but haven't revisited it at all. Should be a good time :cheerdoge:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I like Aina the End. She sounds like a Japanese Serena Ryder and that's cool. I like me some mezzo-sopranos.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/AIR_News01/status/1725130418469679564?s=20

New staff and cast for the Grendizer reboot. The presence of Sayaka is interesting because Koji was the only returning Mazinger character in the original Grendizer, which mean Maria can't be his love interest anymore.

Shun Kudo is best known for directing Iron-Blooded Orphans, Tatsuto Higuchi wrote Revue Starlight, Ko Inaba did mechanical design for G-Witch, AF_KURO seems to be a Pixiv and Twitter artist with a large following, and Junichi Akutsu has done model and action figure design adaptation for several Gundam properties

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Nov 16, 2023

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

AF_Kuro's designed figures, too, as well as done some art for some TCGs. They seem to specialize in motorcycles and cars, so maybe they're designing some of the smaller vehicles?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also GAINA is like the third studio that's risen from the ashes of Gainax, they were originally a subsidiary of Gainax proper, but then they split off and got bought by the Kinoshita Group.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
    Cell phone novels, or mobile phone novels (Japanese: 携帯小説, Hepburn: keitai shōsetsu, Chinese: 手機小說; pinyin: shǒujī xiǎoshuō), were literary works originally written on a cellular phone via text messaging. This type of literature originated in Japan, where it became a popular literary genre. However, its popularity also spread to other countries internationally, especially to China, United States, Germany, Italy and South Africa. Chapters usually consist of about 70–100 words each due to character limitations on cell phones.

Wasn’t really familiar with this kind of thing.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you can fit a decent amount of information into a small amount of text in japanese so they were pretty popular for a time. web novels have basically taken their place since phone screens now are big enough for you to just read an actual light novel on them. but light entertainment you can read on a train or bus and pick up and put down whenever still has a strong appeal in japan for pretty obvious reasons.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Nov 16, 2023

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

trying to replicate that in america is how we got quibi

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

quibi was a stupid idea but it launching right as stay at home hit felt like it being smited by god

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/ShonenGameZ/status/1724922677033341143?s=20

https://twitter.com/maileflanagan/status/1724998618397221177?s=20

There is a new Naruto game with weird English voice acting and Naruto's English voice actress doesn't know a thing about it.

Lmao if Bamco used fuckin AI voices

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'll hold out for more info but I wouldn't be at all surprised.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

the era of human beings has ended

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

time for the era of human doings

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 6 days!)

Rinkles posted:

Cell phone novels, or mobile phone novels (Japanese: 携帯小説, Hepburn: keitai shōsetsu, Chinese: 手機小說; pinyin: shǒujī xiǎoshuō), were literary works originally written on a cellular phone via text messaging. This type of literature originated in Japan, where it became a popular literary genre. However, its popularity also spread to other countries internationally, especially to China, United States, Germany, Italy and South Africa. Chapters usually consist of about 70–100 words each due to character limitations on cell phones.

Wasn’t really familiar with this kind of thing.

i think more people in asia tend to owe a cellphone than a computer still so their cellphone is their way of staying connected on the net when at home

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Meowywitch posted:

al;ways take your meds, on time

Meowywitch posted:

the era of human beings has ended

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

The time of man has ended, our doom is coming. Climate change man.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

personally i watch animes where people smile

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

homeless snail posted:

personally i watch animes where people smile

Everyone needs a good cry at some point.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

yeah. like at the end of hi-scool seha girls when the seha girls are graduating from hi-scool, and sega saturn turns to sega dreamcast and is like "don't you think being loved by people all over the world is the perfect job for me?". gets me every time

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Very very few shows/movies have made me cry on multiple rewatches.

The greatest among these is It's Such a Beautiful Day.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
A Silent Voice gets me every time

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

AlternateNu posted:

Very very few shows/movies have made me cry on multiple rewatches.

The greatest among these is It's Such a Beautiful Day.

I really need to get off my rear end and get the blu ray of that while I still can

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

do you disagree?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/ShonenGameZ/status/1724922677033341143?s=20

https://twitter.com/maileflanagan/status/1724998618397221177?s=20

There is a new Naruto game with weird English voice acting and Naruto's English voice actress doesn't know a thing about it.

Lmao if Bamco used fuckin AI voices

She said that she recorded new lines for the game, so it'd be weird to use AI in that instance
https://twitter.com/maileflanagan/status/1725282187254374422
https://twitter.com/maileflanagan/status/1725283558460370977

Are there any other examples besides this?

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Nov 17, 2023

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
today the resident director did a few room inspections and he opened up someone's closet and an avalanche of like 30-40 donated sandwiches fell on him and he went ballistic

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i watched chrome shelled regios, dunno if this one was considered good or mid in its day but i liked it. very obviously a trails of cold steel antecedent

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

chrome shelled regios sounds like a sick monhun boss

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Dangerous Person posted:

I really need to get off my rear end and get the blu ray of that while I still can

My cousin got on Hertzfeld's kickstarter for the World of Tomorrow bluray and gave me a signed copy of it for my birthday last year. One of the greatest presents I've ever received.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
https://twitter.com/ShonenGameZ/status/1724937583828906140
Does this sound like AI?