Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mid-Life Crisis posted:

So he is done in the league, right?

I mean, I guess 'domestic dispute' could be shouting that disturbed the neighbors but if it's anything worse than that you'd hope so.

But there's currently a rapist doing a superstar tour to see where he signs so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
In the past day, we have learned that Klingberg has been dealing with an injury his entire career, and it's getting to the point that he may be out long-term.

What are the chances this keeps happening to the Leafs??

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Twin Cinema posted:

In the past day, we have learned that Klingberg has been dealing with an injury his entire career, and it's getting to the point that he may be out long-term.

What are the chances this keeps happening to the Leafs??

Crow bars aren’t exactly in short supply, so :v:

In all seriousness it was a huge bet in hindsight to expect a “prove it” season from a guy having chronic mobility issues, if the team was aware of the severity of what was ailing him that raises some questions about the signing, and if they weren’t aware that raises even bigger questions.

Koopa Kid fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Nov 18, 2023

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Sounds like a pretty standard digging of a shallow grave on Robidas Island to bury a mistake in.

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
To this day I cannot believe that the Kings traded a 1st in 2015 (13th overall) for one year of Milan Lucic. That is bad enough on its own, but even worse when you realize they could have just resigned Justin Williams instead.

pre:
	    Williams		   Lucic
2014-15	    81/18/23/41 (w/ LA)	   81/18/26/44 (w/ Bos)
2015-16	    82/22/30/52 (w/ DC)	   81/20/35/55 (w/ LA)

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Eric the Mauve posted:

Sounds like a pretty standard digging of a shallow grave on Robidas Island to bury a mistake in.

https://x.com/rinkratreport/status/1725904602141278696?s=46&t=HQKtcRjDK4S81BLV4tbVnw

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Koopa Kid posted:

Crow bars aren’t exactly in short supply, so :v:

In all seriousness it was a huge bet in hindsight to expect a “prove it” season from a guy having chronic mobility issues, if the team was aware of the severity of what was ailing him that raises some questions about the signing, and if they weren’t aware that raises even bigger questions.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if LTIR discussions were part of negotiations. Like the team thinks the player may or may not be healthy but the players like "Give me a shot, if I'm healthy, great. If not, you've got a built n excuse to send me to the Island."

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Even handshake agreements are risky, players don’t usually agree with teams when it comes to their ability to play.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

Aphrodite posted:

I mean, I guess 'domestic dispute' could be shouting that disturbed the neighbors but if it's anything worse than that you'd hope so.

But there's currently a rapist doing a superstar tour to see where he signs so...

generally if theres an arrest in a domestic incident there is some evidence that something physical happened

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
They had a bunch of articles rehabbing Lucic over the past summer ish, and now those look really uhhh, not good.

Dude can gently caress off. Also , unfortunately this is the NHL, he’ll be back by end of the season at most. Austin Watson was bad at hockey and got to keep playing after hitting his girlfriend. hosed up.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Maybe this is an optical illusion but I have no idea how this wasn't a goal last night:

https://x.com/AnaheimDucks/status/1725751489170452693?s=20

I'd be pretty enraged if that happened to the Pens

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Lucic was gonna retire after this season. I don't think he'll be back. He's gonna go to rehab and then make a public statement next summer retiring

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

Ginette Reno posted:

Maybe this is an optical illusion but I have no idea how this wasn't a goal last night:

https://x.com/AnaheimDucks/status/1725751489170452693?s=20

I'd be pretty enraged if that happened to the Pens

The longer that loving review went on the more convinced I became they were gonna gently caress the ducks over. And I was right.
That's the second obvious goal the ducks have had overturned this season. What's the on pace stat for that?

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Ullmark's mask tonight :hellyeah:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

mennoknight posted:

the best goalie fight is hextall vs potvin and the funniest is hextall vs Roy. it's too bad hextall was s such a poo poo exec because he loving ruled

I'll still rock my Hextall jersey because Player Hextall loving owned and was a great goalie and I wish other goalies would emulate his physicality (perhaps without the distracting temper lol) because goalies getting into scrums or at least pushing people away is a hell of a lot more entertaining

GM Hextall, however :negative:

Guy is still my favorite player though

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

morningdrew posted:

Ullmark's mask tonight :hellyeah:

This owns

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Surprisingly, it is the Stanley Cup champion Vegas Golden Knights who are dogshit garbage tonight.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
[b]BUNNIES ARE CUTE BUT DEADLY/b]
Forsberg had a great game today. Not only getting first star and MVP, but also an assist and he is the first Swedish goalie in the NHL to win a game in Sweden

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I forgot Lucic was on the team. In an "on paper" sense I mean.

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I forgot Lucic was on the team. In an "on paper" sense I mean.

yeah what was up with him before the arrest?

I see he played 4 games in Oct. and that was it, and news is a little hard to search now because of the latest news.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Carver posted:

I see he played 4 games in Oct. and that was it, and news is a little hard to search now because of the latest news.

He's basically a press box guy they brought in for "leadership" or whatever nonsense teams do that kinda thing for. He actually looked ok when he did play but there are a lot of younger players who can fill his role much better, including fighting.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/br_openice/status/1726037109113274811?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Trouba loves playing New Jersey

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Carver posted:

He broke his foot blocking a shot.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK

He never found that puck he was looking for

Tagra
Apr 7, 2006

If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Jamwad Hilder posted:

He's basically a guy they brought in for "leadership"

:ironicat:

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY

Misanthrope posted:

He never found that puck he was looking for
I think he's still looking for it.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
ah, miserable poo poo goaltending. we're so back

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/dimfilipovic/status/1726033848440623235

Bread has been playing out of his mind this year. Crazy what a haircut does for your confidence.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
It's funny that the reigning Vezina winner is the second best goalie on his team. His numbers are fine too. Ullmark has a .928 sv% and a 2.28 GAA (both are top 10 for goalies), and he's 6-1-1. Swayman has just been even better than that.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Rangers good Devils bad (and smelly)

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
Avs have depth scoring again, that's nice. Oddly the 2nd line seems to be the one struggling this year.

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
There's nothing funny about Boston's success. It is very depressing and hurtful. Upsetting, nauseating, maddening, but not funny.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Dr Zaius posted:

There's nothing funny about Boston's success. It is very depressing and hurtful. Upsetting, nauseating, maddening, but not funny.

I don't see how it's hurtful? Like yes, I dislike Boston and their players in the sense of "big rival to my team, in my division, and Marchand is a gently caress" but Boston, as far as I'm aware, has drafted and constructed a team well and kept them playing well without any actual controversy. If I want to be upset about an NHL team's success I think about Chicago's recent Cups and that cover up. Boston's not remotely on the same level as far as I'm aware.

e: have they even used LTIR as a cap loophole like Tampa did with Kucherov that one year?

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
Its funny when they lose in the first round after a 65-win season.

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit

Arivia posted:

I don't see how it's hurtful? Like yes, I dislike Boston and their players in the sense of "big rival to my team, in my division, and Marchand is a gently caress" but Boston, as far as I'm aware, has drafted and constructed a team well and kept them playing well without any actual controversy. If I want to be upset about an NHL team's success I think about Chicago's recent Cups and that cover up. Boston's not remotely on the same level as far as I'm aware.

e: have they even used LTIR as a cap loophole like Tampa did with Kucherov that one year?

You are thinking about this way too hard. Boston hurt me. Boston bad.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Dr Zaius posted:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The devils are playing themselves out of the division but I guess that doesn't really matter that much. Lots of time to get everyone healthy and figure it out.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

:discourse:

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

if you coach hockey and read this thread, PLEASE tell your players not to look straight at their feet cutting right in front of the goalie east west. what in the gently caress

Rangers had a good strat tonight even past the win. Trying to bully them physically so they go out and get a goon to cut down on their speed. Trocheck had a good one on Hughes:

https://x.com/sports_24x7_/status/1726039208354075038?s=46&t=N0fz65wLEKglu9TyofS2Yw

(again, a guy getting a penalty because a Hughes brother has squirt-level physical strength)

if I were a Devils fan, I would really worry for him. last year it seemed like Devils management told him not to go into corners under any circumstances, and he was diligent about avoiding them. but it’s seems like he’s back in them this season. he’s gonna get hosed up bad if he keeps doing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
THe Pens....are sitll bad. But there's a possibility they could be good, under the right circumstances