Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Electric Phantasm posted:

What's going on with War slamming into the wall?

Sword too strong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

for some reason i get the feeling that the burned guy on the last page is a reference to something

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Question, in the original Japanese text do Yoru and Power speak in a different Japanese dialect? Power and Yoru always speak in a more formal English and I was wondering if that's because it's the same in the original text.

ghost sex
May 19, 2013

Electric Phantasm posted:

What's going on with War slamming into the wall?

she's adjusting to a sudden dramatic power increase from the world being reminded that war...bad

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
yoshida has a knack for being able to run in situations in which other devil hunter would stand around with mouth agape right before they're eviscerated

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

AnoHito posted:

Yoshida is every bit as much of a failure right now as Quanxi, who I’m sure people itt will have no issue also calling a third rate loser.

this is dangerous territory. be careful

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yoshida being alive is a sign of how absurdly talented he is. He's often alive by running the gently caress away but considering he runs the gently caress away from like personified natural disasters the fact he can do that is a legitimately impressive feat, especially considering that (as far as we know) he's just a regular dude with a devil contract. Even Quanxi is a hybrid and seemingly benefits from her immortality and long life despite her immense natural skill. The only other person who've seen on Yoshida's level is Kishibe. (Maaaybe Kobeni who similarly survives stuff that killed almost everyone else.)

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Lmao

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Yoshida: (watches Yoru get a massive power up then launch herself head first into a brick wall)....ight imma head out.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Part of me is like woo the other part of me is oh you are dead if you make Denjis life a living hell

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I guess Quanxi has some sort of contract going on to not hurt civilians, otherwise that guy with the gun would be ground beef

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Perfect :allears:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

I guess Quanxi has some sort of contract going on to not hurt civilians, otherwise that guy with the gun would be ground beef

Maybe she's not a total sociopath, and holds moderate regard for human life?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Stairmaster posted:

Maybe she's not a total sociopath, and holds moderate regard for human life?

Hahaha good one.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
Denji and Quanxi are going to bond over recklessly endangering themselves in combat to protect innocent civilians cute girls

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

AnoHito posted:

Yoshida is every bit as much of a failure right now as Quanxi, who I’m sure people itt will have no issue also calling a third rate loser.

200 word essay or face da consequences

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

cuntman.net posted:

for some reason i get the feeling that the burned guy on the last page is a reference to something

my first thought was something in Fire Punch maybe for obvs reasons but i aint read it so that's merely spitballing

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Girl, go back and get your arm!
Careless.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Das Boo posted:

Girl, go back and get your arm!
Careless.

New arms are never as good as the old arm you're used to. Plus you lose all your muscle tone and it's weak as a kitten for days. Does not apply in all situations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i bet that arm would make for such an awesome sword

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

I dunno, she didn't seem all that attached to it.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
maybe the arm will be a future power up. remember Yoru said she didn't need to physically touch the item to transform it this time

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Just watch her rip a tooth out and yell "Tooth Dagger!" or something

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Mraagvpeine posted:

Just watch her rip a tooth out and yell "Tooth Dagger!" or something

her power expands to the point where she can turn the carbon dioxide she just exhaled into a bomb

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

maybe the arm will be a future power up. remember Yoru said she didn't need to physically touch the item to transform it this time

When the phrase "arming a bomb" gets taken literally somehow.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Nuebot posted:

When the phrase "arming a bomb" gets taken literally somehow.

just imagine with me for a moment. RIGHT ARM PLANET-DUSTER!!

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

CharlestonJew posted:

her power expands to the point where she can turn the carbon dioxide she just exhaled into a bomb

The Killer Queen technique…

Venusian Weasel
Nov 18, 2011

cuntman.net posted:

Photograph of a charred atomic bombing victim in Nagasaki by Yōsuke Yamahata. Fits with the theme of people remembering war and Yoru's quest to bring back nuclear weapons.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Man, Public Safety screwed up. If they just let Denji go and reveal himself like he wanted, Chainsaw Man would be around to fight the army of zombies if it still existed, the church would be undermined by Chainsaw Man publicly saying they were crazy, and in general the whole mess would be under Control. But no. They had to threaten Nayuta, and now a faker's making everyone think that Chainsaw Man is jut a Devil weapon against humanity, and the whole situation is on fire.

Should have just trusted the horny cannibal teenager.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Popo posted:

Yoru getting powered up is probably badbut I can't help but feel happy for her. It's been a god drat effort.

On the bright side, I'm pretty sure she's still dumb as hell.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

I Am Fowl posted:

On the bright side, I'm pretty sure she's still dumb as hell.

don't need to be smart to commit murder and destruction

seeing Yoru so happy is actually kinda terrifying. does everything in a battlefield count as hers? there's also gotta be another stage to this for Fami

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1019273

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Sound logic in this one

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

well everything worked out fine and now they can feed the pets

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
oh my god denji. Nayuta had me scared like oh no shes turning back. And then Denji admitting he likes Asa but Nayuta more with that grand wide arm gesture was adorable. HUMANS ARE WEAKSAUCE.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Aww :unsmith:

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Base form Denji is extremely powerful. Tickle attack is not to be underestimated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

No wonder Denji's default expression is so different in CSM2. Managing this poo poo every day will take its toll.