Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I can’t even be mad about the Sabres’ loss because they played well and it was a very even game all the way through.

loving send Levi to Rochester though, what the gently caress are they even doing letting him get wrecked over and over like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

mennoknight posted:

my expert opinion is that the Oilers stink like an rear end hole

The oilers are back baby

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Who could have seen that coming

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/nhl_watcher/status/1727502670171123718?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

He has a lot to ponder inside the sadness cube tonight

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

mennoknight posted:

my expert opinion is that the Oilers stink like an rear end hole

You're not wrong

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

The face of a man soon to demand a trade

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

doing the Kubrick stare 18 games into a Cup or Bust season. terrific

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Washington somehow has the third best points percentage in the East, behind only Boston and NYR.

This is all while Ovechkin, Kuznetsov, Oshie, and Carlson have had varying degrees of bad seasons.

Also Dylan Strome kicks rear end. And Rasmus Sandin was a shrewd pickup. Sandin leads the NHL in EV TOI and has looked mighty competent in doing so.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

How many teams is it for Curtis Lazar being "good" without actually accomplishing anything on the ice?

New Jersey is team #6

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Cale Makar is not only the best defenseman in the world, but he’s the best hockey player in the world right now.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

That's a hard sell in Curtis Lazar's league.

Tagra
Apr 7, 2006

If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Canucks lost the defenceman-bowl.

Avs 5 Canucks 2

Hughes 1A
Makar 1G 1A

AntiDepressor
Jun 3, 2011
Montreal wins after being bailed out by their goalie. Same as it ever was.

Koth
Jul 1, 2005
The Winnipeg Jets are... good?

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Koth posted:

The Winnipeg Jets are... good?

Bowness is a bad coach but he's pretty fuckin' good at the emotional stability thing and his situation rn is probably helping that. It won't last, ride it now.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
https://twitter.com/MollieeWalkerr/status/1727531774337577293

I don't get how this isn't a safety issue. Quick had his glove knocked off by an opposing player, he can't safely make a save with that hand now. He even tried to make one (and maybe it would have been a save if he'd had his glove). But if he'd actually had that puck hit his hand he probably has a badly bruised hand at best, broken hand wouldn't have been surprising.

e: and to be clear, he was in his crease waiving his bare hand around trying to get the refs to stop things, then had to get set to try to stop the next shot. It wasn't some bang bang play that the refs didn't have time to think about or call.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Levitate posted:

I don't get how this isn't a safety issue. Quick had his glove knocked off by an opposing player, he can't safely make a save with that hand now. He even tried to make one (and maybe it would have been a save if he'd had his glove). But if he'd actually had that puck hit his hand he probably has a badly bruised hand at best, broken hand wouldn't have been surprising.

e: and to be clear, he was in his crease waiving his bare hand around trying to get the refs to stop things, then had to get set to try to stop the next shot. It wasn't some bang bang play that the refs didn't have time to think about or call.

Soups on, start sending players to knock off opposing goalies equipment see how long till they change their mind.

Something something Kreider….

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Levitate posted:

You could probably catch a hard shot puck without serious injury if you caught it square in your hand, though it would still hurt like a mofo. An inch off in any direction however and you're going to break your wrist, thumb, or a couple fingers pretty much 100%

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Rask had to play in the playoffs without a skate blade, equipment malfunctions are not a mandatory stoppage of play. Quick should’ve knocked the net off its moorings and taken a delay of game penalty. Worthy since he can’t tighten his glove right.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
I mean, they didn’t blow the whistle for Ben Bishop losing his drat helmet in 2019 (and I am ok with this).

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Duckman2008 posted:

I mean, they didn’t blow the whistle for Ben Bishop losing his drat helmet in 2019 (and I am ok with this).

gently caress the refs

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

RIP TAY TAY

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

https://x.com/swhyno/status/1727731137529733297?s=46&t=UiTVuiDvpkwYqlzJnMDbJA

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Probably better than having to play the year with that Chicago team.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Equipment failures aren't a whistle except when they are.

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
I remember Ryan Smyth scoring against the Kings while helmet-less. That kinda upset me lol.

Pretty sure the only equipment related rule is goalies helmets coming of means stoppage.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

They changed the helmet rules a few years ago. If a skater loses their helmet they either have to immediately put it back on or immediately go to the bench otherwise it's a penalty which does get called.

Smyth would have been before that change though.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Eric the Mauve posted:

You could probably catch a hard shot puck without serious injury if you caught it square in your hand, though it would still hurt like a mofo. An inch off in any direction however and you're going to break your wrist, thumb, or a couple fingers pretty much 100%

I've been playing pretty much my whole life and can tell you from personal experience that catching a puck even with a forward glove on hurts like a mother fucker even if it's the biggest floater of a shot. I did it a few weeks ago actually playing defense and despite the guy basically snapping off a floater from the point it still gave a bruise to catch it that way. Would not advise.

Catching an NHLers shot without a glove is a surefire way to blow up your hand even if you catch it perfectly

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/BenPopeCST/status/1727733379053850648

Lol

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
What's an organization decision healthy scratch... was a committee formed?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Bard Maddox posted:

Cale Makar is not only the best defenseman in the world, but he’s the best hockey player in the world right now.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Best of luck next season, John

https://x.com/LeafsPR/status/1727779155972944214?s=20

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Avs look great on the PK

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I'd suggest he put a bounty on the head of his agent for declining the Stars deal but I doubt he has the money for it. I love Klingberg but boy did he gently caress up betting on himself.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lol wtf.

I mean, gently caress Chicago, but like, what’s going on?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Cartoon Man posted:

Lol wtf.

I mean, gently caress Chicago, but like, what’s going on?

gently caress Corey Perry

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

If Uncle FrankChicago says no, then it must be really bad

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Escape Goat posted:

If Uncle FrankChicago says no, then it must be really bad

Im actually leaning in the opposite direction given the Blackhawks history and that maybe FCP wants out?

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
Maybe Rory was too creepy even for the Blackhawks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/tommykippes2/status/1727748209337073862