Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Fecha posted:

lol is there literally no explanation for Bonney finding a devil fruit while trapped in a church?

Oda doesnt seem to like to give explanations for how devil fruits were found in general. Its always just "Bwaaaaaaa, theres a Devil Fruit here!" Im guessing explaining even a part of it would start to give things away on how they work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

yum posted:

drat, this line of thinking from Vegapunk is painfully naive. I get that Kuma has no choice and less knowledge and awareness of the institution overall, but what the hell Vegapunk I thought you were a genius

He's just Otacon

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Book smarts do not even slightly equate to street smarts.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
For those not watching the parade: The Luffy balloon had trouble getting inflated all night and then when they finally got him up and running he immediately hit a tree.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
sounds like theyve got him down pat

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Classic Luffy

PirateZim
Apr 24, 2005

Ahh, a mystery tree

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Violen posted:

sounds like theyve got him down pat

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/joeyweiser/status/1727700161223119202?t=5tqZf3lbeCaknPr8n9VzRA&s=19

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Monkey D. Flated

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

this is what happens when you try to bind Nika

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
luffy always shrinks after inflating with gear 3

Person Dyslexic
Jul 23, 2007

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

No I imagine him getting really focused on improving a kitchen tool and forgetting the pan on the stove and causing a big grease fire that burns down the house. Every day. Then he uses science to rebuild it.

Hadn’t even thought of this but I can see it being 100% accurate.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
goku kills luffy in the macys thanksgiving day parade

Wudz
Aug 19, 2005

*LATEST FAD
Get him closer to the Kinder float, he'll be fine

Chapter, good
man the more we see of Kuma the more crushed I'm going to be if he doesn't get to survive. Calling himself a pacifist makes me doubt he'll get the final blow on Saturn, but "here's all the pain you've ever caused anyone" still counts as pacifism right

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Wudz posted:

man the more we see of Kuma the more crushed I'm going to be if he doesn't get to survive. Calling himself a pacifist makes me doubt he'll get the final blow on Saturn, but "here's all the pain you've ever caused anyone" still counts as pacifism right

Yeah, it'd be amazing if Kuma pushes out all of the pain he's been collecting all of these years in a single last blow to Saturn a la Koenma and the pacifier in YYH.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

There's NO WAY Jaygarcia doesn't eat a pain-nuke, whether it kills him off or not we'll see, but it coming feels like a safe bet.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4

hatty posted:

Monkey D. Flated

New thread title plz

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

hatty posted:

Monkey D. Flated

The Bucket Hat Pirates.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Gomu Gomu oh noooo Balloon :(

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

At least the Zoro balloon is fully inflated and moving serenely down the Champs-Élysées

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Dawgstar posted:

The Bucket Hat Pirates.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Ryaomon posted:

For those not watching the parade: The Luffy balloon had trouble getting inflated all night and then when they finally got him up and running he immediately hit a tree.

Green Bull wins again

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
I finally realized who Kuma's look is based off of this chapter. He is a dead ringer for Howie Long.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Havoc904 posted:

I finally realized who Kuma's look is based off of this chapter. He is a dead ringer for Howie Long.

Hmm, Kuma is anti-bullying :hmmyes:

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

yum posted:

drat, this line of thinking from Vegapunk is painfully naive. I get that Kuma has no choice and less knowledge and awareness of the institution overall, but what the hell Vegapunk I thought you were a genius

This is consistent with Vegapunk's established characterization. He's well-meaning but doesn't think the consequences of his inventions through.

And to be fair, the Pacifistas are used mainly to fight pirates. When the Elder Stars want to massacre a bunch of civilians, they use the Mother Flame...which was also invented by Vegapunk.

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Nov 23, 2023

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
speaking of Vegapunk tech, what the hell happened to the artificial dragons? The really really big one was probably a waste of money, but the smaller, faster, stronger one seemed like it’d have been useful mass produced.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Archenteron posted:

Green Bull wins again
This is just foreshadowing for when Ryokugyu damages Luffy's hat on purpose and immediately gets punished for his hubris.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Obviously it's because he's the one showing up in this arc, but I wonder why Saturn in particular is the Elder showing up all the time in the flashbacks and not any of the others.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I really like the idea that the Age-Age fruit responded to Bonney's wish to be older so that's going to be my assumption

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

GodFish posted:

Obviously it's because he's the one showing up in this arc, but I wonder why Saturn in particular is the Elder showing up all the time in the flashbacks and not any of the others.

he's the minister of science and defense

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Arist posted:

I really like the idea that the Age-Age fruit responded to Bonney's wish to be older so that's going to be my assumption

It's a nice theory but I think that the idea that Bonney ate the age-age fruit as an infant before she became isolated in that church and just never became aware of her powers until just now seems more obvious

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Dawgstar posted:

The Bucket Hat Pirates.

https://twitter.com/awdtwit/status/1727739849975992439?s=46

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Starsfan posted:

It's a nice theory but I think that the idea that Bonney ate the age-age fruit as an infant before she became isolated in that church and just never became aware of her powers until just now seems more obvious

We know that even just being in the bath is enough to sap a DF user's strength a bit, so either she ate the fruit recently, her dad never noticed that bathing her hosed her up, or she's VERY stinky

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Silver2195 posted:

This is consistent with Vegapunk's established characterization. He's well-meaning but doesn't think the consequences of his inventions through.

And to be fair, the Pacifistas are used mainly to fight pirates. When the Elder Stars want to massacre a bunch of civilians, they use the Mother Flame...which was also invented by Vegapunk.

Vegapunk is a pretty blatant riff on Albert Eistein, the dude who hosed around with atoms in a way that helped America invent our world’s equivalent of the Mother Flame

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Cat Machine posted:

Vegapunk is a pretty blatant riff on Albert Eistein, the dude who hosed around with atoms in a way that helped America invent our world’s equivalent of the Mother Flame

So which member of MADS is Oppenheimer? Caesar?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Violen posted:

goku kills luffy in the macys thanksgiving day parade

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

hatty posted:

Monkey D. Flated

lol

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

hatty posted:

Monkey D. Flated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I had figured that Kuma's "fly to another island" technique only let you travel to places you've been already, and it's nice to see confirmation. Otherwise getting to Laugh Tale would be too easy.

Still, kinda dickish to send Robin to what you know to be a slave bridge, Kuma! Would it have killed you to just cut out the middleman and send her straight to Baltigo?