Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
On one hand I want to play Alan Wake 2, on the other, I don't want to give money to tim sweeney.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

ended up picking these up.
mostly stuff that was priced low enough that I already watched that I remember enjoying enough to just display on my shelf.

Came to $90 with taxes

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Complete series for $20? Impressive.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

oh the days when 3-4 episodes was $30

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Aura for 3 bux, now that's a steal

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I bought Evangelion, 2 episodes per VHS tape for like £16 each.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I....kinda wanna watch Those Who Hunt Elves. Always saw ads, never watched it

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

curious how the jpn track is for it, since it was the part of the era of bad or really flat dubs

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

GateOfD posted:

some pretty good black friday prices at sentaifilmsworks
https://www.sentaifilmworks.com/collections/2023-promotions-black-friday
drat there's some nice deals in there.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i was definitely eye'ing that Big O and Land of the Lustrous

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
wait, this series got an anime?

I remember reading the manga and it was pretty good, a doctor for monster girls series. never realized it got an anime.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Buying the Hakumei and Mikochi with bad subs ftw.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

it was lost in the sea of isekai anime that season

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I couldn't get into it.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i remember the episode with the centaur and her needing horseshoes

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the first thing i would describe about alan wake ii would not be the shooting given how much of the game is a mix of adventure game and survival horror. it's nothing like alan wake 1 at all, structurally or mechanically, beyond that it has enemies you point flashlights at

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
also control is the worst game remedy has ever made shooting-wise. the shooting in alan wake ii isn't bad it just isn't actually the biggest focus.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

haypliss posted:

Buying the Hakumei and Mikochi with bad subs ftw.
the one I got? what's wrong with them?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The Colonel posted:

also control is the worst game remedy has ever made shooting-wise.

I'm glad someone else is saying this besides me

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Captain Invictus posted:

Not gay enough iirc.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Meowywitch posted:

I like christmuss music,

iiiIIII dont want a LOT for Christmas, there's just one thing that I need

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Arist posted:

I'm glad someone else is saying this besides me

i feel like that's the universal thing i've heard from everyone who's played control. even among the people i see who really like it i usually see the agreement that the weird poorly implemented rpg poo poo and lack of real variety brings it down. i was trying to stay more positive on it playing through it myself but by about halfway through could not stand how bad it felt

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Control had interesting aspects but I never felt like it was interesting enough for me. Like, they have one of the most interesting premises of all time and then they seem to only focus on the most boring parts of it

And yeah, the gameplay is not great

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I call it "Control+Alt+Delete" cause I gotta hit that when that buggy pos crashes

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
control is weird because it does have a lot of things i found pretty neat and jesse's arc is, kinda neat, but yeah compared to every other remedy game there's nothing about it i like, specifically really like. alan wake 1 was a flawed game but i found a lot more in it that stuck with me

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Captain Invictus posted:

It got stuck with a bad translator at Sentai, who also is the reason why fansubs are preferred for shows like Revue Starlight and Haikyuu etc.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

The Colonel posted:

also control is the worst game remedy has ever made shooting-wise

Combat so bad they patched cheats into the game.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

GateOfD posted:

ended up picking these up.
mostly stuff that was priced low enough that I already watched that I remember enjoying enough to just display on my shelf.

Came to $90 with taxes

drat i wish we had that sakura wars collection out here, all we got is a bluray of shin sakura taisen the animation

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

GateOfD posted:

oh the days when 3-4 episodes was $30

iTunes Canada

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
animanksgiving

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

The Colonel posted:

also control is the worst game remedy has ever made shooting-wise. the shooting in alan wake ii isn't bad it just isn't actually the biggest focus.

i didnt really hate it, though it was the least interesting part of the game. it was just a neat environment to explore especially once you got a lot of the movement options

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The combat is actually the worst part of all their games since max Payne 2

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
one thing remedy absolutely can not do to save their lives is design an enjoyable boss fight

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Namtab posted:

The combat is actually the worst part of all their games since max Payne 2

alan wake 1's combat was fine and the combat in wake ii works for what it's built to be, it's going for something less action-packed than modern resident evil and more of a momentary obstacle to navigate around. control is the only game where i'd say the combat actively detracted from the experience just because of how much of it there is and how shallow it is. like i'd be fine with control just having kinda basic shooting but none of the rpg elements work and late game enemies have massive hp pools and if you dare touch anything like the jukebox or the daily missions it will make you want to die

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i didnt really hate it, though it was the least interesting part of the game. it was just a neat environment to explore especially once you got a lot of the movement options

see like i get enjoying exploring the environment and i do think that is the best part of control. but the fact that the game not only gives you such massive groups to deal with but respawns them constantly and gives them so much hp later on makes it harder and harder to appreciate any of what the game's good at because it keeps loving interrupting you to spend three minutes fighting the same enemies. it's stuff that would be easier to balance around if it was a normal shooter but the rpg side of the game seriously brings it down because all it ever does is lead to fights being longer. i even do think it's halfway to a good setup for its combat it's just that the main lesson to take from max payne is that remedy's shooting feels better the less bullets it takes to kill a basic enemy, and basic enemies in control will take two headshots from a railgun at a certain point

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Nov 23, 2023

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

victory = just proving that being born a newtype means a lifetime of inevitable suffering

(i like it)

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
But the afterlife is super chill.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
I’m just using a guide for the cat ears in control since exploring isn’t that fun when you get random encounters that take forever to deal with

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

oh jesus i've encountered the word 'fleshtuber' in the wild, what is wrong with people???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

reading the later volumes of my love story after not reading any of the series after volume 6 (due to the library not having any releases beyond then, seven years ago) and lolling

are there other wholesome, comedy-forward series in this vein that I should check out? similar to angel densetsu, yankee kun to megane chan, you and I are polar opposites, gokusen, etc