Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Fungah! posted:

lmao hall put a restraining order on oates

Lol also, unrelated, nice av

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
guess a new Witcher book is coming out, dunno how I feel about it but don't remember anything about the last one

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Nutmeg posted:

guess a new Witcher book is coming out, dunno how I feel about it but don't remember anything about the last one

he witches

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i genuinely love how much he still hates the video games and TV show that made him most of his money, lol

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

i genuinely love how much he still hates the video games and TV show that made him most of his money, lol

gotta love it

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

mycophobia posted:

he witches

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

contempt for your audience ftw

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

contempt for your audience ftw

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Nutmeg posted:

season of storms was fine but it felt like sapkowski changed all the characters to make it more appealing for game fans. but it had nimue in it for a couple chapters and she was my favorite part of lady of the lake. ill read another one for sure

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

scary ghost dog posted:

season of storms was fine but it felt like sapkowski changed all the characters to make it more appealing for game fans. but it had nimue in it for a couple chapters and she was my favorite part of lady of the lake. ill read another one for sure

I'm gonna read it for sure but Witcher (while it owns) feels really played out due to Netflix fail aids and I wonder if that will affect the quality of the book since the saga is really where it's at and any anything after that has a higher chance of getting pozzed as well. I'll probably read it when I go witcher psycho mode to put it all to rest for me (reread all books, replay w3, watch joseph anderson's 1000hr video on w3 when that drops)

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

My wife keeps asking me when we’re gonna watch the witcher season three and she isn’t taking “it looks so loving bad” as an answer

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

My wife keeps asking me when we’re gonna watch the witcher season three and she isn’t taking “it looks so loving bad” as an answer

I think it's a bit better than season 2, which isn't saying much but if you've already seen that then eh why not

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I couldn't get through season 2 but I also never got into the books. I hope the remake of the first game that they're making is good.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

I haven't read the books yet but they're on the list. I mostly hated season 2 because they did my boy Eskel dirty. Even before they killed him off they made him a creep, hated it

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

S3 pissed me off bc they split it into 2 and the 2nd part was just 2 episodes with one of the episodes revealing the most obvious cliffhanger mystery ever.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Season 1 was bad enough that I did not and will not watch 2. Thanks

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
2 was so bad that I'm not going to bother with 3. Oh- and I'm talking about the games.

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

I couldn't get through season 2 but I also never got into the books. I hope the remake of the first game that they're making is good.

oh yeah i forget that remake is happening, hyped for that to drop in 2029

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Arrhythmia posted:

2 was so bad that I'm not going to bother with 3. Oh- and I'm talking about the games.

The Witcher 2 game is so weird lol. It doesn't really feel remotely connected to either 1 or 3 and it's only like 20 hours long because they felt the need to make two totally different Act 2s, and the plot is just densely Game of Thrones political poo poo while Geralt stands around awkwardly and then fights a dragon in a boss fight remarkably similar to fighting DK at the end of DK 1994.

I kind of love it and it sets a lot of ground for 3 from a tech/RPG system standpoint, it's clearly the game the studio had to make to get there, but it's such an odd thing.

Letho owns though and I was happy to see him come back and be less murderous in 3

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

My next Witcher 3 playthrough will be my 13th. I love that game like an old dog-eared paperback you read again and again even though you memorized everything that happens long ago. Speaking of Letho my last playthrough I forgot the dialogue options for the end of his quest and I didn't mean to have it happen but he got beheaded, months of planning for true freedom all foiled by one tag along fuckin' moron r.i.p.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Fortaleza posted:

My next Witcher 3 playthrough will be my 13th.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

The Witcher 2 game is so weird lol. It doesn't really feel remotely connected to either 1 or 3 and it's only like 20 hours long because they felt the need to make two totally different Act 2s, and the plot is just densely Game of Thrones political poo poo while Geralt stands around awkwardly and then fights a dragon in a boss fight remarkably similar to fighting DK at the end of DK 1994.

I kind of love it and it sets a lot of ground for 3 from a tech/RPG system standpoint, it's clearly the game the studio had to make to get there, but it's such an odd thing.

Letho owns though and I was happy to see him come back and be less murderous in 3

I like w2 a lot because any rpg where you don't have to save the world gets points from me. and the alternate act 2 and change of events from it was a really cool idea that I don't think any other game has done to such a degree.

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i played through the base game and again for the dlc and thats enough for my lifetime probably

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

My Witcher three playthrough got disrupted when I moved to Cambodia like 4 years ago and I could just never get back into it. The fights are terrible and I never know wtf is going on.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

started Evangelion for the first time. two eps in. this is going to consume me for the foreseeable future, i know it

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Eva ftw

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
I watched all of the original eva, end of eva movie, and the rebuilds all one after the other and I still don't know fully what it's all about. another rewatch is planned somewhere down the line

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i dont know whats happening in eva either but the rebuilds still made me really mad at the end

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I hated evangalion. I was gonna watch the rebuilds but I was so pissed off at the end I never will. I keep getting recommended them by Amazon prime and it chaps my rear end.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I hated evangalion. I was gonna watch the rebuilds but I was so pissed off at the end I never will. I keep getting recommended them by Amazon prime and it chaps my rear end.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

if you didnt like the original you definitely won't like the rebuilds

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

EoE is the goat. Still never seent Rebuild 4, but I did love 3. 1/2 are kinda whack so I never knew what to expect from the finale.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
There’s too much stuff

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I loved all three endings

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

EoE is the goat. Still never seent Rebuild 4, but I did love 3. 1/2 are kinda whack so I never knew what to expect from the finale.

there's no way you could expect the finale

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

3+1 is weird even by Eva standards lol. The first part is amazing though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

P-Mack posted:

I loved all three endings

this tbh