Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

this is what im thankful for today
https://twitter.com/MACROSS_BIGWEST/status/1727582756383944912

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lol I didn't know they released this figure, and even as someone who loves gurren lagann this is a bit silly for me
https://store.crunchyroll.com/produ...0590160415.html

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

oh, they made a reality tv show of Squid Game on netflix lol

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

That's a good and cool thing to be thankful for, Sheryl Nownes

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

happy birthday Sheryl Nome

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I can't believe they made a TV show inspired by squid game

marumaru
May 20, 2013

i vaguely remember reading about how newtypes aren't actually real and some insanely complex discussion about it and that's the point where i decided gundam lore was Not For Me

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

marumaru posted:

i vaguely remember reading about how newtypes aren't actually real and some insanely complex discussion about it and that's the point where i decided gundam lore was Not For Me

Those people are just wrong

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
People can write nonsense about anything

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
hakumei and mikochi is good and that's not nonsense

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Buschmaki posted:

Those people are just wrong

A guy on the moon told me it was true, actually.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

newtypes are real. I am one

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Runa posted:

I can't believe they made a TV show inspired by squid game

I mean do you see the execs who sign off on this stuff?

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1727444547494437235?t=KDnWDipDi5BQQxoT4r32Bg&s=19

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also the contestants are suing because they were treated inhumanely.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Waffleman_ posted:

did none of them watch the show beforehand cuz that's kinda part of it

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
anyway i'll rec alan wake ii to anyone who wants a cool bigger budget modern horror game. i'm not even halfway through it but, it might be the only one of those this generation so far that actually does all the things i want out of a horror game and does them all really well. basically anything else i can think of that i've liked this way was an indie. it's so good at experimenting with survival horror game design that it makes it incredibly funny to me in retrospect how all of alan wake 1 was kind of at a constant struggle with not knowing how to really be much of a horror game because all its developers had made were action shooters

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

sorry to those people but that honestly makes me want to watch it more

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

homeless snail posted:

sorry to those people but that honestly makes me want to watch it more

human misery ftw

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The thing I keep hearing about the Squid Game reality series is "This is a tragedy in its basic concept and incredibly unethically run in practice. Unfortunately, it's also extremely good television."

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

marumaru posted:

newtypes are blatantly real idk why youd take that at face value

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

marumaru posted:

Okay but instead of reading Gundam Lore have you considered watching a Gundam anime series?

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

newtypes aren't real sound like the type of people that fall for the 'it was all a dream/ash was in a coma the whole time' stuff

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I watched the first episode of the squid game show and it's too loving funny lmao. they're all strapped with squibs that explode when they get eliminated and they've been instructed to lay down and play dead when it happens. everyone's taking it deadly seriously and screaming at each other that they're ready to die but also they're all hardcore squid game fans that got to go to squid game disneyland so every time they walk into a room the subtitles read

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
so your telling me its a larp

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

it's a larp and the most prominent players are incredibly gay drama kids

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

one guy scams himself into eating like five lunches and then they cut to the interview room where he's wearing a knitted daisy dress and explaining in a very homosexual accent that he doesn't believe in morals anymore, after covid

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

homeless snail posted:

one guy scams himself into eating like five lunches and then they cut to the interview room where he's wearing a knitted daisy dress and explaining in a very homosexual accent that he doesn't believe in morals anymore, after covid

youve utterly sold it to me

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

the scott pilgrim cartoon was good. farewell.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

alan woke

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

The Colonel posted:

anyway i'll rec alan wake ii to anyone who wants a cool bigger budget modern horror game. i'm not even halfway through it but, it might be the only one of those this generation so far that actually does all the things i want out of a horror game and does them all really well. basically anything else i can think of that i've liked this way was an indie. it's so good at experimenting with survival horror game design that it makes it incredibly funny to me in retrospect how all of alan wake 1 was kind of at a constant struggle with not knowing how to really be much of a horror game because all its developers had made were action shooters

Sam Lake sounded really proud of it.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
i should finish control.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i'm so lame, lol. shaky hands all the time. shaky!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Ohtori Akio posted:

i should finish control.
nice av

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Ohtori Akio posted:

i should finish control.

i got control with a graphics card and played it for an hour and didn't like the shooting

what happened to your av

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
i dont even post in that thread

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
symbolic........please lol

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

lol

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

E-feds always end up like this.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/sumoguri2323/status/1727626043933213155?t=3gyT8PEKfBxe-tK8vrY01A&s=19

Legendary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Rinkles posted:

Sam Lake sounded really proud of it.

as he should be