Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I only saw the movie for the first time last week and it just seemed to me, insanely indulgent in all the parts of scott pilgrim that, you do not need to indulge in. spending 10 minutes on a concert sequence any time someone picks up an instrument, and, 10 minutes on every fight scene, when the comics are extremely not about them playing music and not all that many pages are actually spent on the fights. and then oops no run time left to develop any characters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

so the anime deliberately going out of its way to barely have any fights and being very deliberate with the musical scenes, is a big win

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

also I finished the show a bit ago and it was cool, fun enough that I'd say it's worth reading through the comic beforehand for context even though I'm not super into it in itself

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 6 days!)

i liked the scene where the vegan ate meat and lost his powers

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It's milk and eggs, bitch!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

GateOfD posted:

i liked the scene where the vegan ate meat and lost his powers
that's funny, I liked the scenes where he gayed out with wallace wells

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

homeless snail posted:

that's funny, I liked the scenes where he gayed out with wallace wells

true

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I can read Scott Pilgrim Saves The World for free in color, which maybe might be a mistake because I think I hate Scott already instead of just finding him to be a goober like the anime.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I liked the part where Chris Evans brought in his super team of other Chris Evans

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Watching a late 90's anime where the school kids tease one of the kids having a cell phone is sure a mood

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The main character of Gaogaigar giving the plucky child co-lead one of his organization's super futuristic gear to keep in contact and it's a pager

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1728357927654940808?t=eb9Rzpd7OHqcU8UU6X0Ypg&s=19

Amuro looks very confused by Lenin's gigantic head.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Nov 25, 2023

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
llenin looks like yakub lmfao

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
spent the last 3 days at my sisters house hanging out with her big fat cat. thinking it might be time to get a big fat cat of my own

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Has anyone ever bought or sold electronics on the Facebook marketplace? I want to sell my old graphics card but the last time I sold stuff online was a decade ago through a university website reselling textbooks

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Arc Hammer posted:

Has anyone ever bought or sold electronics on the Facebook marketplace? I want to sell my old graphics card but the last time I sold stuff online was a decade ago through a university website reselling textbooks

One alternative is SA mart. I haven’t sold anything, but I’ve spent hundreds of dollars over the years (including three GPUs).

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Arc Hammer posted:

obv it really depends on the area you live in but personally I've had more success just throwing stuff like that on ebay.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Gonna try out that Control game

I dont know a single thing about it except there is apparently an ashtray maze

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
my advice is to ignore bureau alerts and the jukebox. just focus on whatever seems immediately interesting and if there's an optional bit that's boring you feel free to never acknowledge its existence again, nothing gives better rewards than you get from the main story. the only real exception are the ones that give you abilities like dodge but investigating the altered items is already the most fun part of the side content anyway so it's what you're most likely to stumble into

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

victory gundam continues to own. uso ewin is a badass

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

verbal enema posted:

Gonna try out that Control game

I dont know a single thing about it except there is apparently an ashtray maze

TheColonel's right, bureau alerts are just battles that give about 10% more rewards than a normal fight does. Stick to the main story and sidequests mainly. Also they patched in cheats so feel free to adjust auto-aim compensation or damage reduction to your heart's content.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
A lot of the bonuses in Control Ultimate edition can mitigate some (but not all) of the frustrations in the game. At the very least I would enable the aim assists but honestly at this point I also leave Immortality on. The combat is not fun enough and the checkpoints not good enough to have to deal with repeating most sections.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

There's a big combat room near the end of Control that was designed in a lab to be the least fun thing in the world

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
as someone who really likes remedy shooters, control is the worst shooter they've ever made so uh, yeah feel free to cheat through it. it has fun ideas but i'm praying for control 2 to shave it down a bit and improve the core mechanics

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Control 2: Alt Delete

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh and my suggestion is mostly because I played it on console, so your a bit less capable aiming on that compared to using a mouse.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
I received an extremely strong recommendation to watch Frieren, and I've watched a few episodes and love it. However, I'd assumed that it was all out, and I think that was wrong.

Am I understanding the internet correctly that there will be 28 episodes total? If so, gently caress, only 9 of them have been dubbed so far. :smith:

Like, I want as much of the show as possible, but I also hate watching shows as they slowly trickle out instead of just being able to marathon them.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
yup. I watched to the end of the devil lady arc (just as my crunchyroll sub ended), and I'll return to it when the rest is finished.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

RareAcumen posted:

Oh and my suggestion is mostly because I played it on console, so your a bit less capable aiming on that compared to using a mouse.

On consoles 3rd person shootys if I need to fine adjust my aim I'll do the lil sidestep dance

Game is gorgeous

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

verbal enema posted:

On consoles 3rd person shootys if I need to fine adjust my aim I'll do the lil sidestep dance

Game is gorgeous

Weird thing about the game that I don't think they ever mention and isn't crucial to it: If you see a painting that has a hallway or a picture of a broken wall on it, you can break the wall down for a secret room right there.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

A lot of the bonuses in Control Ultimate edition can mitigate some (but not all) of the frustrations in the game. At the very least I would enable the aim assists but honestly at this point I also leave Immortality on. The combat is not fun enough and the checkpoints not good enough to have to deal with repeating most sections.

iirc those got patched into the base game

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
What's the difference between the base and ultimate edition I have the base from ps+

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

verbal enema posted:

What's the difference between the base and ultimate edition I have the base from ps+

ultimate comes with the dlc expansions and has a current gen version, that's all

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Control came out in 2019???

wow I genuinely cannot believe how much of my life has been an absolute drunken blur

Bleh

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
No, that part happens when you're sober too.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the dlc is not essential really unless you want some foreshadowing for alan wake ii. the awe dlc is fine but, the most interesting parts of it, are pure alan wake ii setup lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I liked the second dlc just because it was a neat area to explore

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It's entirely my fault by not picking games that had them but I was a fan of the cheats because I wasn't getting any games that had any beforehand for years. By the time the AWE DLC was out I just cranked energy to max and spent as much time as possible hurling forklifts and pneumatic tubes at things. Energy and launch damage were where I started putting points initially.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Clarste posted:

No, that part happens when you're sober too.

all those posts will be lost in time, like queers in tane...time to die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

verbal enema posted:

Control came out in 2019???

wow I genuinely cannot believe how much of my life has been an absolute drunken blur

Bleh

Give yourself some grace dude, 2019 was just a year ago and nothing major happened in the time in between that would cause a dwath stranding style time dilation