Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
yeah lol. boston too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Lol 8-2

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I can't imagine Jersey and Edmonton missing the playoffs, but it'd be funny if they do.

Stipulating that McDavid is gimping around with a bad hip, it becomes not at all surprising for Edmonton to struggle to make the playoffs

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Eric the Mauve posted:

Stipulating that McDavid is gimping around with a bad hip, it becomes not at all surprising for Edmonton to struggle to make the playoffs

Yeah he's definitely working through something but the team should still be a lot better than it is. And I don't think the teams in front of them are good enough that Edmonton couldn't make the leap, the West is weaker overall IMO. I think the Devils are in the tougher position but they also seem too good to miss.

Koth
Jul 1, 2005
No, really. I think the Winnipeg Jets might be good.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Ehlers remembered hes a good player

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I'm glad Calgary won but how the gently caress did Dallas collapse so hard

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Nikita Kucherov is absurd. I wish my team would have a guy to go on LTIR all year and come back in the playoffs to go on a run (Gabe Landeskog… hello)

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I'm glad Calgary won but how the gently caress did Dallas collapse so hard

it's kind of their thing this year.. when the other team starts pushing the Stars just sit back and watch.

The Stars have been horrible in alot of 3rd periods this year getting absolutely crushed on the shot clock pretty regularly and for the first few weeks they managed to win those games by playing turtle style and having their goalies bail them out over and over again but now the goalies are starting to let them in and the team is stacking L's.

I had thought that Pete DeBoer changed that around after years of the full prevent defense going up in the 3rd period whenever the team entered with a lead under Rick Bowness and Jim Montgomery but it seems like they are back to their old ways this year and arguably even worse than they were under Bowness for this tendency.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Ehlers remembered hes a good player

Holy hell

https://twitter.com/nhljets/status/1728252854232571924?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
Its so nice that the Make-A-Wish foundation teamed up with the NHL to let #26 play a game in the NHL.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I don't mean to alarm anyone, but the Canucks have already built enough of a cushion, especially in the Pacific, that they face an uphill battle to their usual landing spot a few points outside the playoffs.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Weird how every goalie that plays for DJ Smith sucks until they go to another team and immediately post a .930sv%.*

Owned last night when the Islanders put out their 4th line to start the game and the arena announced the Sens were also starting their 4th line and you could just feel the excitement leaving the building lol, insane how much fan goodwill this new regime is pissing away

*matt murray doesn’t count

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Levitate posted:

E: why did they let Hamilton walk anyways? He’s not my favorite #1 type but he can actually play defense (as long as it’s not too physical) and put up lots of points

Hurricanes owner has some weird mix of wanting to compete but also can be cheap. They didn’t want to pay him what Jersey offered.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

The Dirty Burger posted:

Weird how every goalie that plays for DJ Smith sucks until they go to another team and immediately post a .930sv%.*

Owned last night when the Islanders put out their 4th line to start the game and the arena announced the Sens were also starting their 4th line and you could just feel the excitement leaving the building lol, insane how much fan goodwill this new regime is pissing away

*matt murray doesn’t count

My Caps-loving friend wrote this to the tune of "Hang the DJ" by The Smiths. It's yours now.

quote:

Panic on the streets of Gloucester
Panic on the streets of Kanata
I wonder to myself
Could this team ever be good again?
The standings they always slip down
I wonder to myself

Hopes may rise on the ice dear
But, Debrincat, don’t want to play here
So you go down, to play in Hockeytown
But there's panic on the streets of Stittwville
Goulbourn, Rideau, Cumberland
I wonder to myself

Burn down the whole team
Fire the coach named DJ
Because the games that they miserably play
Do nothing to help me with my life
Fire the coach named DJ
Because the games they miserably play...

In the standings they always let you slip down
In the Atlantic basement they stick around

Fire DJ, fire DJ, fire DJ…

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Ok I’ll do it. You 8-2 see it.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
8 goals on how many shots??

I don't think I have ever seen a goalie have a <.500 SV% in a full game.

Tampa is the first team to score 8+ goals on 15 or fewer shots in a single game.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
https://x.com/Chris_Jast/status/1728262607587688627?s=20

Also they took a shot away, so it was 8 goals on 14 shots on goal. Absolutely absurd, and may never be broken.

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I was in the shower during the third period, did the Sabres lose?

But seriously, they haven’t been able to pull off a comeback like that yet this year. Girgensens got injured and didn’t come back for the third and suddenly the Sabres offense took off. Coincidence? Idk he’s been awful, and this is coming from someone who has defended him for years. The injuries are hopefully going to force the Sabres to call up someone good???

Edit: UPL is very good, he had another great game. Both Penguins goals came on ridiculous turnovers directly in front of the net. How many great performances does he have to have before they will declare him #1?
That was a very Sabresesque 3rd period collapse by the Pens. Feel like they owe the Sabres royalties or something for stealing their act. Karlsson with the own goal is blatant copyright infringement.

Sabres were a completely different team in the 3rd. Instead of being half a step behind the play, they were half a step ahead all over the ice. Literally night and day.

It’s too bad they can only play well like that in 6 out of every 20 games.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/CBJcenter/status/1728255528344912177?t=MZG8oP6leTbesifJimullA&s=19

Also:
https://twitter.com/mark_scheig/status/1728411050385559956?t=j1FsT9QZJLwuv86BG4U8bQ&s=19

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Nikolaj Ehlers is cool and good and my friend

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
Apparently Fleury wore the mask in warmups anyway last night.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Nybble posted:

https://x.com/Chris_Jast/status/1728262607587688627?s=20

Also they took a shot away, so it was 8 goals on 14 shots on goal. Absolutely absurd, and may never be broken.

What's more unbelievable: that this record got broken or that it wasn't the Oilers who did it?

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

tinstaach posted:

What's more unbelievable: that this record got broken or that it wasn't the Oilers who did it?

The oilers wouldn't be able to hold another team to only 14 shots.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

I don't understand why he's in Cleveland, he is obviously too good to be in the AHL (like 14 or 15 points in 9 games or something? and he's 21?) and they need the help in Columbus.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

Misanthrope posted:

Apparently Fleury wore the mask in warmups anyway last night.

Indeed he did

https://twitter.com/RussoHockey/status/1728220336959947024?s=20

Love that Flower man

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Love that the NHL makes rules so dumb that they can't even enforce them when broken because the PR hit would be so bad

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I don't understand why he's in Cleveland, he is obviously too good to be in the AHL (like 14 or 15 points in 9 games or something? and he's 21?) and they need the help in Columbus.

My theory: Pascal Vincent and the Jackets org are trying to punish the young players for pushing back on Babcocks bullshit. Also the coaches think they need more grinders, play more d, get pucks deep instead of fancy offense like Gaudreau and Laine.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Nybble posted:

i’d 8-2 be the Canes right now

lol

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/marklazerus/status/1728458951665000511?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

The level of transparency we’re used to from this wretched organization

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Whose wife did he bang

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
MSG doing 10-15 minutes every pregame show dedicated to gambling makes me want to puke. I hate it so much. Do other RSNs pull this poo poo too?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Matt Zerella posted:

MSG doing 10-15 minutes every pregame show dedicated to gambling makes me want to puke. I hate it so much. Do other RSNs pull this poo poo too?

This is a skill issue. Never watch pregame shows.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

mcmagic posted:

You know not everyone has a moron like Ken Dayneko on their crew.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

mcmagic posted:

This is the one single good thing you’ve ever said.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Matt Zerella posted:

You know not everyone has a moron like Ken Dayneko on their crew.

There has to be a youtube show or podcast of mouth breathing ranger fans sucking each other off that you can watch instead of the MSG pregame show and commercials........ no?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

mcmagic posted:

There has to be a youtube show or podcast of mouth breathing ranger fans sucking each other off that you can watch instead of the MSG pregame show and commercials........ no?

Valiquette, and Pidito are good as hell and I just tuned in 15 minutes early, sorry MSG gives the Rangers the good crew while you idiots have to listen to permaconcussed Dayneko talk about your team.

The focus on gambling from MSG is what always throws me for a loop.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Matt Zerella posted:

Valiquette, and Pidito are good as hell and I just tuned in 15 minutes early, sorry MSG gives the Rangers the good crew while you idiots have to listen to permaconcussed Dayneko talk about your team.

The focus on gambling from MSG is what always throws me for a loop.

I feel like "my team's pregame announcers are better than yours" is the funniest rangers fan dunk attempt that has ever happened.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

mcmagic posted:

I feel like "my team's pregame announcers are better than yours" is the funniest rangers fan dunk attempt that has ever happened.

Lmao Sam and Joe are better, yes. You ok mcmagic or grumpy about the recent slide?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Matt Zerella posted:

Lmao Sam and Joe are better, yes. You ok mcmagic or grumpy about the recent slide?

You're arguing with me about pregame hosts and asking ME if I'M ok? i honestly couldn't even tell you who hosts the pregame show for any team that i root for tbh