Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Marner and Matthews look as out of sorts as they’ve ever been, weird for this funk to last so long

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Koopa Kid posted:

Why are people always trying to murder Robertson

Tiny man, head at perfect elbow level.

Koopa Kid posted:

Marner and Matthews look as out of sorts as they’ve ever been, weird for this funk to last so long

Nobody seems to want to talk about how Marner's been crap pretty much all season long, I guess because Nylander's streak has been a more palatable topic.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Honestly it’s a testament to how good Marner is that he can look like poo poo by his standards and still be over a PPG but he’s just been so brutal in his own end. Probably a plus for the Leafs that he still has a gear to find.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Devils got Nico back and decided to stop being poo poo.

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Devils got Nico back and decided to stop being poo poo.

the fix for .870 goaltending: just take 4 times more shots than the other team

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
The Pens are old and might not have another gear to reach even with a new coach but it's wild how FSG, Dubas, Hextall et al are willing to just die on the sword of Mike Sullivan

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Just came in here to say I hate my life and want to die. Being a Sabres fan is pure pain.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Just came in here to say I hate my life and want to die. Being a Sabres fan is pure pain.

lol

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

TJ Brodie has absolutely zero awareness on the ice right now, you’d think they made shoulder checking a penalty

Getting very tired of the Matthews line in their own end

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Christ that’s embarrassing by Brodie

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

How the gently caress did Brodie even do that

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Koopa Kid posted:

Don't worry, the Pens PP is more embarrassing than anything Brodie could ever do

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Ginette Reno posted:

Don't worry, the Pens PP is more embarrassing than anything Brodie could ever do

I gotta say usually when the broadcast spends several minutes talking about how putrid some team’s PP has been it’s a recipe for them coming alive against the Leafs, but that does not really seem like it’ll be an issue tonight

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Bench Brodie for gently caress’s sake

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Nice shot by ole Noel

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Also lol at that post hug by Woll

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Koopa Kid posted:

was that defence worse?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Every drat young goalie in the league is 6'3+ but still can't hug the post for some reason.

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015
Everyone on the Leafs PP is taking an extra second to think.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

That puck definitely hit something on the way in, but couple of brutal shifts/changes lead to that face off

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015
Leafs having trouble generating offense with Reaves out of the lineup

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Wasn't expecting a 3-2 lead after the horrific pps but I'll take itt

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
5 goal lead and a .714 save percentage all the Devils problems are solved

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Leafs saw the Pens struggle on the PP and decided to try it out

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Koopa Kid posted:

Leafs saw the Pens struggle on the PP and decided to try it out

They moved it alright but didn't look like there was ever an intention to actually shoot there.

Meanwhile Sid gift wrapping a rush chance for Nylander because the Pens hate third period leads

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Ginette Reno posted:

They moved it alright but didn't look like there was ever an intention to actually shoot there.

One of the things the Leafs do is make bad goalies look great and the first step to that is trying to pass around them instead of making them work

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

At some point Keefe needs to note plays like Matthews spoiling a good rush passing to nobody and start giving some minutes to lines that are actually working

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015
Matthews has nothing tonight.

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

T-Bone posted:

5 goal lead and a .714 save percentage all the Devils problems are solved

Up over .800 now it's all good!

I hope they start giving Schmid more starts, at least he's played a good game or two this year

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

Penguins hold on to a third period lead challenge is a go.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Just like yesterday Leafs are visibly losing steam as the game goes on

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Just poor execution from a bunch of key guys all game. Keefe is gonna blame the Europe trip but the Leafs have been playing like this all year

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

It's also the nth game that was pretty even but lost thanks to the other goalie not allowing bad goals.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

lol the crew were gushing in the intermissions about how Crosby watches more hockey than anyone and they ask him to confirm after the game and he says no not really, less than you think.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
wow, that move from MacKinnon and pass from Rantanen then goal by Drouin.... beautiful

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Precambrian Video Games posted:

It's also the nth game that was pretty even but lost thanks to the other goalie not allowing bad goals.

Yeah there’s no way that they should feel comfortable with Samsonov/Woll as the tandem, it’s basically December and one is a disaster and the other is middling and inexperienced. Everyone’s talking about shoring up the d corps (and if Brodie continues to play like this that’ll be real necessary) but you can’t make a run with goalies like this.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Tyler Myers is a disaster

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Backhand wraparound... owned.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Escape Goat posted:

Tyler Myers is a disaster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
WTF, Vancouver. Get Tyler Myers the hell off of this team.