Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Shard posted:

So are yall going to start watching more wwe now that punk is there? Im sure there will be a jump in ratings at least at first

God no. I’ll just watch clips on twitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Davros1 posted:

Especially since it's come out that she's still training there

Jade took one look at the Knee-Destroying Factory that is the Performance Center and said "oh HELL no"

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

kitten emergency posted:

cm punk crawling back to wwe after fumbling the bag in aew is possibly the funniest loving thing imaginable

Shard posted:

I can not believe that he went back to WWE. After everything they did to him. After everything he said about them. What a loving loser.

Majinfoose posted:

This is the funniest outcome, and while I certainly won't watch, I do look forward his next meltdown

Seams posted:

progressive hero cm punk returning to the Dana white / Vince McMahon company. Ah well i suppose it’s hard to support trans kids ALL the time

xbilkis posted:

Look there's a lot of fun to be had about how AEW is dead or how Cody's momentum is going to be derailed or whatever but we must never lose focus on the central lesson of tonight, which is that CM Punk is a giant loser weiner. Also he needs money bad

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

There's a lot of extremely funny things about this, starting with that Punk got fired in part for fighting a guy 30 years younger than him at the biggest wrestling show in history, but between Working The Boys and overshadowing the return of a guy who has been injured for, what, a year and a half, along with what this means for Cody, there's just a lot to laugh about here. lmfao

TheWorstAmy posted:

Blood Money-Covered Dick on a Pole match

Just now catching up and wanted to say hell yeah to all of these posts and that we're in the maximum comedy timeline that nobody really thought was possible (at least so quickly) and I'm ready for it

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I just want to know what he tells himself to make himself believe this is the right move to make. To go back to a company that treated him so poorly at the end, delivered his termination on his wedding day, all of the rear end stuff, etc.

He’s this guy who portrays himself as this guy on a moral high ground who is so rooted in his beliefs but then so quickly throws that all away. Not that it’s too surprising, any loudly straight edge guys I’ve ever known have always been this style of hypocrite.

It’s not even like he’s in a Flair position where he’s broke and needs the money. He probably would have been fine the rest of his life even without the AEW run, yet here we are again.

I won’t watch the shows but I’m looking forward to the continuing adventures of Comedy Man Punk.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Ganso Bomb posted:

It’s not even like he’s in a Flair position where he’s broke and needs the money.

Maybe AJ buys a _lot_ of stuff on Etsy.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Shard posted:

So are yall going to start watching more wwe now that punk is there? Im sure there will be a jump in ratings at least at first

Nope. Wont even watch clips. There is nothing CM Punk can do in WE that has me interested even a tiny bit beyond schadenfreude. And I am done giving WWE related poo poo clicks just to laugh at them.

Punk just doesn't deserve the attention.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Ganso Bomb posted:

I just want to know what he tells himself to make himself believe this is the right move to make. To go back to a company that treated him so poorly at the end, delivered his termination on his wedding day, all of the rear end stuff, etc.

He’s this guy who portrays himself as this guy on a moral high ground who is so rooted in his beliefs but then so quickly throws that all away. Not that it’s too surprising, any loudly straight edge guys I’ve ever known have always been this style of hypocrite.

It’s not even like he’s in a Flair position where he’s broke and needs the money. He probably would have been fine the rest of his life even without the AEW run, yet here we are again.

I won’t watch the shows but I’m looking forward to the continuing adventures of Comedy Man Punk.

He's always presented himself as the guy sticking it to the "establishment", so he'll probably try to paint AEW as "the establishment". Which, lol.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Ganso Bomb posted:

I feel like at a base level the only thing governing any move that he has ever made from the start is 'how do I get back at the last person I feel wronged me' and he'll sacrifice anything to feel like he 'won'

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Ganso Bomb posted:

I just want to know what he tells himself to make himself believe this is the right move to make.

Say the line, Stab!

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Ganso Bomb posted:

I just want to know what he tells himself to make himself believe this is the right move to make.

"gently caress you Tony"

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Davros1 posted:

He's always presented himself as the guy sticking it to the "establishment", so he'll probably try to paint AEW as "the establishment". Which, lol.

All Establishment Wrestling

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

didn't it take him like a year to show his true colors in aew and that he hadn't changed at all after all the preaching about he love for wrestling being back and wanting to help the young stars etc

we'll have to wait a while for the next meltdown but it will be just as spectacular so it's something to look forward to

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Orange Carlisle posted:

didn't it take him like a year to show his true colors in aew and that he hadn't changed at all after all the preaching about he love for wrestling being back and wanting to help the young stars etc

we'll have to wait a while for the next meltdown but it will be just as spectacular so it's something to look forward to

It will own. much like when he came back to AEW to helm his Saturday Quarantine show. I thought it would be months before that imploded and it happened way faster than I expected.

All the dominoes set back up in WWE and now it's just a matter of time until something knocks them over. The one thing that would have made this funnier is if the Elite HAD signed with WWE a few months ago and then they all got blind-sided by WWE hiring Punk yesterday.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

If Punk couldn't handle Hangman's chops, wait until he gets in the ring with GUNTHER.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Rhonne posted:

If Punk couldn't handle Hangman's chops, wait until he gets in the ring with GUNTHER.

he has to go through the aew returns gatekeeper feuds with miz and seth before he will be in the ring with anyone else so that's a while away too

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
https://twitter.com/BestofPulse/status/1728645605168165226?t=OJI1KRuHWFjg0Fwu9Sag2g&s=19

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Ganso Bomb posted:

On the other hand, he may also be broke and need the money.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Shard posted:

For sure. It’s gotten so good lately

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Orange Carlisle posted:

I feel like at a base level the only thing governing any move that he has ever made from the start is 'how do I get back at the last person I feel wronged me' and he'll sacrifice anything to feel like he 'won'

Ohhh yes, I hadn’t considered this

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Shard posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIH_MpGBM3I

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/czechmate1990/status/1728624475250344295

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
The introduction of Punk makes me confident we can keep this Bloodline thing going another 2 or 3 Wrestemanias before it has to pay off.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

1glitch0 posted:

It will own. much like when he came back to AEW to helm his Saturday Quarantine show. I thought it would be months before that imploded and it happened way faster than I expected.

All the dominoes set back up in WWE and now it's just a matter of time until something knocks them over. The one thing that would have made this funnier is if the Elite HAD signed with WWE a few months ago and then they all got blind-sided by WWE hiring Punk yesterday.

There were stories about how backstage at AEW, he was frustrated that the "younger" guys wouldn't take his advice, or ask him for advice. He's been gone from WWE for almost a decade now; I have to imagine that it'll probably be the same there. Guys who are younger than him, but have been there for the last couple of years not wanting to listen to what he has to say, or ask his opinion on things. I can totally see him going up to WALTER or Pete Dunne, and try to tell them the "correct" way of doing things, and then getting upset when they blow him off.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Lumbermouth posted:

On the other hand, he may also be broke and need the money.

Nah he’s got that Starz Heels money. He’s good.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Shard posted:

I’m gonna try. Something tells me no matter how hot Hunter’s booking is I won’t make it through the TV shows but I will be watching those PLEs and Punk’s matches for sure

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Wwe is unwatchable but I will keep up with it more until this blows up

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Davros1 posted:

There were stories about how backstage at AEW, he was frustrated that the "younger" guys wouldn't take his advice, or ask him for advice. He's been gone from WWE for almost a decade now; I have to imagine that it'll probably be the same there. Guys who are younger than him, but have been there for the last couple of years not wanting to listen to what he has to say, or ask his opinion on things. I can totally see him going up to WALTER or Pete Dunne, and try to tell them the "correct" way of doing things, and then getting upset when they blow him off.

WALTER would kill him if he tried to pick a fight, so he'll just take his aggression out on Sami or Humberto Carrillo

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
As pissed as he was to be booked beneath Cena I’m excited to see how punk handles being less over than LA Knight.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

Nah he’s got that Starz Heels money. He’s good.

still sad that show got cancelled

I know the main guy is a dipshit in real life (as is cm punk) but it was a fun show full of other actors that I already liked and punk was good in it

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

People who are confident Punk is gonna meltdown and get fired from the most professional locker room, one that isn’t filled with midcarders that are gonna try to shoot on him, should Toxx for it

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Absolutely HYPED for CM Punk to start feuding with Lexis King then 2 weeks later getting into an actual fist fight with him backstage because he didn't wish him a happy birthday

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

JUNGLE BOY posted:

People who are confident Punk is gonna meltdown and get fired from the most professional locker room, one that isn’t filled with midcarders that are gonna try to shoot on him, should Toxx for it

gonna laugh real hard if Chad Gable swings his release by double legging Punk in catering

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

is cm punk winning the rumble? only time will tell......

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

the wwe is all midcarders has been for 30 years years

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I wanna see the opposite tbh, as the fed bends over backwards to keep him just to prove it was all AEWs fault

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

a.lo posted:

is cm punk winning the rumble? only time will tell......

Will Punk try to convince them to put him at number one?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Shard posted:

I wasn't rly interested in him in aew op, so no

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I think CM Punk is a great sports entertainer, and I'd much have him in the fed I don't care about than AEW.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Suplex Liberace posted:

the wwe is all midcarders has been for 30 years years

I mean they do have one main eventer - it's just usually the same guy for 10 plus years each time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Astro7x posted:

I think CM Punk is a great sports entertainer, and I'd much have him in the fed I don't care about than AEW.

I'm glad he's there if only because we don't have to suffer through the interminable "he's how Punk can still be the Devil" posts