Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i like ao's terrible flirts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
posting from my ps4 :cool:

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Endorph posted:

i like ao's terrible flirts

same. i wasn't going to count her, but she definitely owns and it's way cooler having an actual character as a protagonist instead of a faceless doofus

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
id say i should play blue reflection but i do not have the ki (気) needed to complete a japanese role playing game at this juncture in my life

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
it's not a very intense game, i think you can handle it. 75% of it is holding a girls hand while you walk to a flower garden or the gacha capsule machine and then you have a funny or sweet conversation with them.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
hmm........that does sound like innovative mechanics

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
br2 is like, almost more vn with light rpg stuff

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Big Leg posted:

it's not a very intense game, i think you can handle it. 75% of it is holding a girls hand while you walk to a flower garden or the gacha capsule machine and then you have a funny or sweet conversation with them.

more games should have that imo

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

verbal enema posted:

more games should have that imo

yeah, it's gonna be tough playing something else when i'm done

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I'm like 2 dungeons/boss fights from the end of BG3 and I just don't think Ican finish this out. This third act has gone on too goddamn long.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Ohtori Akio posted:

id say i should play blue reflection but i do not have the ki (気) needed to complete a japanese role playing game at this juncture in my life

Jesus

marumaru
May 20, 2013

to think that this whole what's anime and what's not anime discussion was started by the 2021 anime, arcane

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Uso maybe it's not worth it

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

one day i'll retire and play the entire nihon falcom oeuvre

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I need to reassemble my computer so I can play the entire Disgaea series except 3, because for some reason there's no PC version of 3.

Edit: also finish my replay of Phantom Brave, the greatest game of all time

Kwyndig fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Nov 26, 2023

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Ohtori Akio posted:

:hai:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Kwyndig posted:

I need to reassemble my computer so I can play the entire Disgaea series except 3, because for some reason there's no PC version of 3.

i'm mostly fine with 3 being buried with the vita (it probably emulates alright in vita3k at least) but it's a shame dd2 never got off the ps3 with its weird bug that hammered the cpu enough to cause thermal shutdown (again emulates fine though)

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Blue Reflection 2 is incredibly easy, it's like Super Mario RPG. If you do any of the girls' sidequests that you're probably going to take because they give them skillpoints, you'll crush basically every fight as you come to it. It makes up for this by all of the characters being interesting and motivating you to keep playing more of it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/shininghubee/status/1728512649795633308?t=MMOH64KFSbF0ua6Nk0prDA&s=19

Someone call Discotek, let's make something happen here

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Kwyndig posted:

Phantom Brave was neat but the gameplay was grindy as gently caress due to needing to do those random dungeons to increase max level on your characters.

La Pucelle is still my favourite non-Disgaea NIS game.

e: I keep forgetting I bought both Blue Reflection games during one of the Steam sales. I just havnt had time to play them with all the other great games that came out this year taking priority.

e2: Oh yeah I got Code Vein and Scarlet Nexus at some point too. The backlog just grows forever doesnt it? :negative:

Furnaceface fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Nov 26, 2023

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Is the PPG anime even worth salvaging? The original show is just fine but the track record of efforts to reboot it are iffy st best.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
It's not a reboot, but appears to be an effort at rereleasing a show from 2007 in higher fidelity

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Got and went on a date just because I put Inuyasha and Haibane Renmei in my tinder bio, shoujo heads STAY winnin

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I own and need to play BR2 soon…

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

RareAcumen posted:

Blue Reflection 2 is incredibly easy, it's like Super Mario RPG. If you do any of the girls' sidequests that you're probably going to take because they give them skillpoints, you'll crush basically every fight as you come to it. It makes up for this by all of the characters being interesting and motivating you to keep playing more of it.
After a certain point I had to remind myself to try to at least try to use items because I was killing bosses so quickly I never even had to think about healing. Though even if it's incredibly easy I still think it's a decently fun system, lots of steps to set up attacks/weakneses that give battles a nice flow.

Obviously the main draw is the setting/story/characters because by god what a vibe, it feels like a mid 2000s VN SOL section drawn out into an entire game and it works so well.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/anime_oshinoko/status/1728745421055377747

Oshi 2 comin in 2024

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"

Ohtori Akio posted:

lowkey want to play the pre-erebonia LoH games but I still have Kuro 2 waiting

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
blue reflection came out at the same time as caligula effect 2 and that was a good time for really fun mid/low budget JRPGs with good party interactions

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
god drat it

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

pwned bitch

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

what the heck even happened

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The Kita probe is still powerful

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

leather fedora posted:

lowkey want to play the pre-erebonia LoH games but I still have Kuro 2 waiting

Azure/Zero are great and had recently released accessible ports to Switch/Steam/Ps4 and are both great.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Worth noting the PS4 version is iirc the worst one since it’s just a straightforward port compared to the PC version’s extensive options that the Switch version’s based on.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

good to know, does the mean the ps4 ones don't have the inserted cold steel cameos like with younger Juna appearing in the police academy

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I can’t say but I’d guess they do, tbh the cameos are kinda cute don’t really feel impactful since it’s only a few instances of being able to even talk to her to not make her backstory feel like a retcon, same with Towa. nonetheless, the option to go between x2 to x5 speed on turbo with seperate speed options for field/battles rules though and idk if the PS4 version has that.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

can't imagine playing any of the LoH games at 1x speed.
its sooo slow. Would take ages to just finish simple 2-3 turn mob battles or move thru the fields and towns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
So what was the complaint about the shooting in Control? Seems just fine to me, an expert gamer