Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Levitate posted:

This angle it doesn’t look quite as bad, Trouba obviously trying to pull his stick free rather than wind up and hit Frederick, but still
Surprised it’s not a suspension.

https://twitter.com/mjzibanedad/sta...%5Es1_&ref_url=

Looks like he's frustrated that Frederic is holding his stick so he pulls it free hard then winds up and takes a swing at him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
Lol Canucks.

Boo Sharks.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
Dustin Byfuglien walks to the edge of the pier, hands in pockets. Slowly starts tilting forward. Hits the water face-first. The lake becomes more vapor than water. The fish that have remained within the hemisphere flop in the mud like Alexander Semen in the blue paint.

The fishing trophy, once more, is his.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

mcmagic posted:

Lol five thousand bucks.

https://twitter.com/marklazerus/status/1728634493462864094?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Pretty funny

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Mind_Taker posted:

This is the worst slap fight ever. I'd rather Rex and others do 5 pages of penguins posting

This is a cursed post.

CBJSprague24 posted:

Holy poo poo. :stonk:

https://twitter.com/BrianHedger/status/1728436083262632027?t=7offMkgLciS8uS7nymNmMQ&s=19

I'd rather he be in Columbus as well, but if he can fine-tune his game and dunk on fools on a loaded AHL team, I can temporarily live with it.

No one else touched the low hanging fruit here of saying the AHL team is probably more talented anyway.

I agree, every regular worker in the United States (and I guess Canada sure) should get massive raises.

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
The Buffalo Sabres have set a new franchise single game low in scoring chances for % last night.

Last night’s 16.36%, 46-9, is the lowest in the franchise’s history since the stat began being tracked during the 2007-08 season.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

It was a bizarre game. They looked like they didn’t even know how to play hockey at times. They couldn’t ever get established in the offensive zone except on the PP and both times they scored a goal. But at 5-on-5, they just did nothing.

Edit: 12 SOG is the lowest they’ve had in a game since 2015 and the third lowest of the drought era :yikes:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Just let the league have open season on Trouba. The problem will sort itself out pretty quick I imagine.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
That was what they did with Matt Cooke.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
that should barely even be a fine honestly. The second angle clearly shows he was trying to wrench his stick free and Frederic let go at the wrong time. Frederic is fine to play on the edge but he should know that sometimes agitators can get hosed up if you try to cheat the wrong guy.

speaking of which, here’s him getting blown up by good Canadian boy Braden Schneider last year:

https://youtu.be/I7zPQ6VXqK8?si=ViTaOjc6vD58JvT9

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

that should barely even be a fine honestly. The second angle clearly shows he was trying to wrench his stick free and Frederic let go at the wrong time. Frederic is fine to play on the edge but he should know that sometimes agitators can get hosed up if you try to cheat the wrong guy.

speaking of which, here’s him getting blown up by good Canadian boy Braden Schneider last year:

https://youtu.be/I7zPQ6VXqK8?si=ViTaOjc6vD58JvT9

Intent or no, taking a 2 handed chop at someone's head should absolutely be a fineable offence.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jacob Trouba just is. He is far too dumb and ugly and smells bad and has fans that also smell, to have intent behind any action he takes.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/nhl_watcher/status/1728833602304278958?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

CAS what’s the story here besides only scoring 3 goals

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

that should barely even be a fine honestly.

lol rangers fans are the loving best

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

mcmagic posted:

They only get upset when Tom Wilson commits horrifying acts of violence.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

that should barely even be a fine honestly.

I feel like this is summoning PAS to the thread.

mcmagic posted:

I mean, they don't have to like that they have a shithead on their team, they just have to live with it like Caps and Bruins fans do.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

I wish Tom Wilson was still a shithead. At least that would represent some sort of effort even if it's a malicious effort. Now he just collects a paycheck and trips over himself all the time.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Furnaceface posted:

Just let the league have open season on Trouba. The problem will sort itself out pretty quick I imagine.

It already is and he kicks the poo poo out of ppl who fight him after clean hits all the time. It rules

mcmagic posted:

Much like the Rangers themselves, Rangers fans are the best in the league

WeaponX fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Nov 26, 2023

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
He wasn’t intentionally swinging his stick he was just trying to get his shoulder around and lined up with Frederick’s head

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

CBJSprague24 posted:

I feel like this is summoning PAS to the thread.

I thought about weighing in but I dislike the Bruins and Rangers equally so I'm not sure where to go here. Do I root for Trouba nearly decapitating a shithead in Frederic? Or does my natural loathing of Trouba win out and I defend Trent Frederic?

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Ginette Reno posted:

I thought about weighing in but I dislike the Bruins and Rangers equally so I'm not sure where to go here. Do I root for Trouba nearly decapitating a shithead in Frederic? Or does my natural loathing of Trouba win out and I defend Trent Frederic?

I think it’s fine if you want them both to suffer in different ways.

That needs to be a high sticking call, and a fine is appropriate in that case. I’m surprised they didn’t catch it on the ice it was pretty obvious, but so was the holding the stick, so even it up or don’t call either at that point. Your stick is your responsibility all the time.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.
:siren: AHL TRADE ALERT :siren:

https://twitter.com/AGrossNewsday/status/1728811243061039551

Isles trade Arno the Rando to the Devils for Tage Thompson's little brother.

I for one cannot wait for people to start hyping him up as "the better Thompson," because that worked out so well with Brett Lindros back in the day.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
The weird thing is it was literally right in front of the ref but god forbid reffing approach anything resembling consistency

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
he's innocent

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

i mean you can see it clearly here. Frederic went for a late poke after the whistle was blown like a shithead (all respect, that's absolutely his role) and then knew a little chop was coming from Trouba, so he tried to push him off-balance for an easy knockdown so he could hopefully draw a penalty or get Trouba on tilt (again, all respect, that's just good pestwork). and Jake's stick unfortunately came up accidentally and gave him a little flick in the noggin.

if I was a Bruins fan, (between slurs) I would be way more mad at Frederic for not flopping his head back and acting like he's been shot like vintage Mario. he could have absolutely drawn a 2 or a 5 and maybe a suspension purely on optics. just kind of goes to show you how pestwork and instigation is kind of a lost art. Claude Lemieux would still be down on the ice behind his blast shield checking for blood.

i also feel people have forgotten what an actual intentional stick-to-the-face and what a dyed-in-the-wool dirty player/lunatic looks like. THIS is what an actual stick to the head from a lunatic looks like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6A1_ObPCV4

or just even a normal guy getting angry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRu-AppKGqA

or Lemieux incredibly not diving after a couple of minor whacks from Rich Pilon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqdsvHBXMJ4

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

He hasn’t been great, but I think it was only supposed to be one game, but the Seattle game all the wingers had a pretty good game and I imagine it was let’s keep going with the good thing. Obviously losing to the sharks should see him right back in. It’s also a symptom of the unbalanced nature of the team, too many wingers, not enough D. He’s played better than numerous defenders, but can’t really afford to scratch (to send a message) Myers/Juulsen when next man up isn’t really up to it.

I don’t think he’s playing to badly, I think it’s a combination of
a) last season was obviously an outlier,
b) his role has changed a little, less net front tips as a result (which as an aside are great for shooting % as they are either on target and very high danger, or they miss and don’t count as a shot), and
c) I think he’s being marked a lot tighter, last year he was this unknown guy who benefited from teams over committing to Petey and giving him unmarked back door taps ins. They aren’t happening this year.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
So Dean Evason has to be on his way out in Minnesota right? I thought they were going to axe him after the Sweden trip where they couldn't pick up a win and the Wild would use it as a re-set on the season.. obviously I was wrong about that.. but now they come back to NA and lose two straight games in regulation. I don't really pay attention too much to that team so I don't know how the fanbase is handling this but i can't imagine they will put up with this for very long.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Starsfan posted:

So Dean Evason has to be on his way out in Minnesota right? I thought they were going to axe him after the Sweden trip where they couldn't pick up a win and the Wild would use it as a re-set on the season.. obviously I was wrong about that.. but now they come back to NA and lose two straight games in regulation. I don't really pay attention too much to that team so I don't know how the fanbase is handling this but i can't imagine they will put up with this for very long.

Wild fans have put up with mediocre play for about 20 years and counting.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Duckman2008 posted:

Wild fans have put up with mediocre play for about 20 years and counting.

yeah but I think it's a stretch to call their current record mediocre.. it's downright awful, and they might well be eliminated from competing for a playoff spot before Christmas if this continues on the same way 2 or 3 more weeks.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Starsfan posted:

It is pretty funny. Lol.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Yeah I don't know when they'll get around to firing him but Evason's done in Minnesota. He's been tuned all the way out.

Angry Asian
May 24, 2006
*BOOMSHAKALAKA*

From last season he was prone to turning the puck over near the opposing blueline trying to make a play rather than getting it in deep which drove tocchet up the wall but figured hey we can work that out this off-season.. but he hasn't improved with that and guessing tocchet has had enough

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Eric the Mauve posted:

Yeah I don't know when they'll get around to firing him but Evason's done in Minnesota. He's been tuned all the way out.

Yeah, at this point what does it matter? They fire him now and replace him with…? He’s tried lots of things, but the puck isn’t going in at the right end and it keeps going in on the wrong end and frequently on the PK.

And if they do get a good bounce from changing coaches and are looking good then they probably pull a Canucks and play themselves out of a decently high draft pick while being $15m in the hole again for next year. This is just kind of what I was expecting to happen either this year or next. I was just hoping it was next year.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I still think a Sullivan for Evason trade would probably improve both teams in the near term. In general I'd definitely rather have Sullivan but both coaches have gone lame in their current situations

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
Quick casually being the best goalie in the league again is pretty great. I never lost faith in him.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Trouba got 5 grand for that??? that's like one shift on the ice for him. What a joke. I'll be the first to admit the Bruins have some guys who cross the line now and then, but slashing a guy in the head even if "he was holding my stick a little bit" seems like a no-brainer suspension.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

If he'd been penalized like he should have been there wouldn't even have been a fine. The fine was just a "yeah should've been a penalty, our bad"

e: and of course they made the obligatory make-up call like 2 minutes later on Trocheck

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Nov 27, 2023

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
Don’t worry, DoPS will spin the wheel again and Ryan Hartman will get all those games too for a slew foot (it definitely was one). I just expect 17 games for him.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

The league isn't gonna do poo poo about safety until a McDavid level player gets ruined and an entire organization decides to sue for years of lost revenue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Connor gonna be leading the league in points by the new year