Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Blockhouse posted:

Yuta 2-0 on killing Geto

it owns extremely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
TBScans is here: https://tcbscans.com/chapters/7555/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-243?date=24-11-2023-17

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

uh don't they know kenjaku is just a brain? maybe aim for that instead of the neck?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Takaba being a spiritual chaff grenade is amazing. I agree that if Yuta knows that Kenjaku is a brain in a head he should have cut higher. I'm getting Infinity war flashbacks right now and I don't fee so good about that

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

bees x1000 posted:

uh don't they know kenjaku is just a brain? maybe aim for that instead of the neck?

Gojo and Geto at the afterlife airport:

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

bees x1000 posted:

I mean...what the hell is a brain gonna do without a body. i don't think he's getting up. this is honestly the best death kenny's gonna get. takaba's the only real emotional link he's got to the main cast, and more importantly takaba deserves this W.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
i have to imagine somebody told him about the brain thing off-screen

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

Inflammatory posted:

i have to imagine somebody told him about the brain thing off-screen

Didn't Gojo see Kenny's brain AND have like a month with the main cast that we skipped over? I'm sure he at least briefed them on what to do/they made a plan dependent on his level of success against Sukuna.

GreenMetalSun fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Nov 24, 2023

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Just going off of the TCB Scans translation, Will being passed on is a peculiar way that makes it seem more like actual last words. I'm gonna bank on this being related to all the stuff around Tengen.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
a whole lotta cursed spirits may also come exploding out of the body, not to mention whatever else got nullified

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Infected posted:

Just going off of the TCB Scans translation, Will being passed on is a peculiar way that makes it seem more like actual last words. I'm gonna bank on this being related to all the stuff around Tengen.

Kenny will give Takaba a strawhat

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
kenjaku begins what historians will call "the great rear end in a top hat era", where sorcerers around the world would try and merge japan with tengen.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Infected posted:

I reread the perfect preperation arc recently, and Tengen repeatedly makes it clear that killing Kenjaku will not end the culling games as a part of the binding vow he took to create it. His plan has been set into motion, and putting their own life at risk was one of the costs of being able to do so.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Was Kenjaku being honest about finding Takaba funny, or was it just part of (what seems to be) the plan to have Takaba die as part of his "act."

I kinda hope it was genuine, since that seems more consistent with Kenjaku's personality. Like he wouldn't have any qualms with killing Takaba, but he'd still appreciate the experience of dealing with his bizarre technique.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I read it as being sincere, tbh.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Is Takaba dead?

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
He's in a better place. Mentally.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Ethiser posted:

Is Takaba dead?

No it was part of his gag for his dream scenario ending and figuring hed get killed by kenjaku after, you can see he is alive and peaking hes just being a goofball

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

takaba has been reading all the "ill never forget you" memes online and wanted to recreate it

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Ethiser posted:

Is Takaba dead?

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

Was Kenjaku being honest about finding Takaba funny, or was it just part of (what seems to be) the plan to have Takaba die as part of his "act."

I kinda hope it was genuine, since that seems more consistent with Kenjaku's personality. Like he wouldn't have any qualms with killing Takaba, but he'd still appreciate the experience of dealing with his bizarre technique.

I honestly think he just thought he was funny. Kenjaku definitely isn't above deception to get a kill on somebody, but he also didn't have much of a reason to lie, the technique was off after all.

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

I honestly think he just thought he was funny. Kenjaku definitely isn't above deception to get a kill on somebody, but he also didn't have much of a reason to lie, the technique was off after all.

Well the technique wasn't off because it's what allowed Yuta to get the sneak in on Kenny, but I'm of the same opinion with most others here that it was a genuine compliment in that moment.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/Ninjaristic_/status/1728406255155171724

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
This was a good way to finish it.And the perfect time too, since it leaves just Sukuna as final boss.

The only downside was that I didn't think their act was very good, specially compared to last weeks.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Scallop Eyes posted:

This was a good way to finish it.And the perfect time too, since it leaves just Sukuna as final boss.

The only downside was that I didn't think their act was very good, specially compared to last weeks.

The act was what Takaba has always wanted, to be on stage alongside a partner. Granted, having someone realizing they are going to die while surrounded by soda is objectively funnier in most people's books.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
These last few chapters must have been a bitch to translate

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1019231

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-243/chapter/40995?action=read

Feel like the official translation flows better

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I can't believe the official translator was the only one to realize that they could go for a "leave me in stitches" pun.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Manzai is tough to translate.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
was that boogie woogie?

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

yum posted:

was that boogie woogie?

Apparently that's the sfx boogie woogie used, and makes sense that yuta would have it in his arsenal. but he didn't clap!

unless...

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

TheHan posted:

Apparently that's the sfx boogie woogie used, and makes sense that yuta would have it in his arsenal. but he didn't clap!

unless...

His cursed energy is dummy thick

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

TheHan posted:

unless...

Maybe Rika can clap for him

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

TheHan posted:

unless...

Brothers...our time has come

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I loved that chapter a ton, I'm really glad Gege landed the plane. When it just looked like a Kenjaku win I wasn't too upset. I figured Takaba didn't really have a win condition that would finish Kejaku. I'm sure everyone had the same thoughts about Yuta coming to find Kenjaku when he wasn't there at the Sukuna face off. I thought then it might just have been a framing decision when Takaba showed up. Satisfying conclusion.

Like others I'm nervous at the neck vs brain slice. Someone in the thread reminded me though that Gojo knew and then we had a month of offscreen preparation so if Yuta doesn't know that's a plothole for sure. Kenjaku's final line does make it sound like he's vanquished though. Have to assume to body hop he normally has a still functional body he's controlling. As previously said the Culling Game won't stop if he's dead. He did set it up recently that the next phase can only begin when all players are dead, so that's currently halted I'd imagine. Not sure if he's killed everyone other than the main crew though. I assume he means he still has Sukuna and Uraume to continue the plan. Not sure what's going on with Tengen, presumably he's free of control if Kenjaku's dead or had his link to Geto severed. I think Kenjaku will have plans for if he was taken out though anyway.

I wonder if they'll keep him as a head in a jar. I assume even as a little brain he's harmless without a body. It also means he'll be able to explain his, Itadori's, and sukuna's history to me the audience mainly lol. Though if Tengen is still around he could some of that either. Hard to see Sukuna wanting to tell anything.

I have been curious about how Sukuna died though. Presumably he didn't get defeated but maybe it was just old age. Setting aside him perishing I am assuming he entered into an agreement with Kenjaku to be reborn in the future. Why would he want that I wonder (assuming he wasn't gonna die of being old). Possibly the Heian era had just ended regardless of him still being unbeatable. The world was less chaotic and inevitably moving towards order rather than a major defeat of the baddies. So he became a cursed object to wait for Kenjaku to throw the world back into Chaos and a second Heian era.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

EmmyOk posted:

I have been curious about how Sukuna died though. Presumably he didn't get defeated but maybe it was just old age. Setting aside him perishing I am assuming he entered into an agreement with Kenjaku to be reborn in the future. Why would he want that I wonder (assuming he wasn't gonna die of being old). Possibly the Heian era had just ended regardless of him still being unbeatable. The world was less chaotic and inevitably moving towards order rather than a major defeat of the baddies. So he became a cursed object to wait for Kenjaku to throw the world back into Chaos and a second Heian era.

I think they said it was a massive bloodbath of the Heians greatest sorcerors all ganging up on sukuna, almost all dying.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I think they said it was a massive bloodbath of the Heians greatest sorcerors all ganging up on sukuna, almost all dying.

I remember that being mentioned by Gojo when he and Itadori first go to the school. I only remember Gojo saying the sorcerers lost though.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

I thought it was implied that he let himself die. His original body was mummified and I think the TCB translation specifically referenced Buddhist self mummification. looking back at the jump translation it seems like Sukuna is just talking about “mummification” and asks if “kenjaku or rather tengen (did) this ironically”. A bit unclear if that means they mummified his body after the fact, or are just referring to handing off the mummified body to him. It’s chapters 220-222 if anyone wants to check.

I had basically assumed that he figured out the secret to incarnating as a cursed object required basically self mummifying through meditation, and that he was never actually killed.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I assume Kenjaku turned him into a cursed object as his own fingers. I think Angel basically says as much when she says "Sukuna turned himself into a cursed Object after seeing Kenjaku do it once". He turned one of Itadori's fingers into a cursed object and forced Megumi to eat it rather than that just being an inherent power of his fingers when in control. I assume he came to an agreement to do that with Kenjaku. I just wonder why. Possibly he was naturally going to die and wanted the chance to reincarnate but I'm assuming there is more to it than just wanting a longer life.

Rereading and Kenjaku's face gets a bunch of veins in the final panel. I suspect he's about to Invoke or trigger something with his last breath similar to his mass idol transfiguration. Or possibly a final order to Tengen while he's under his control. Maybe ordering him to start the merge assuming Sukuna will wipe out the rest of the culling game players before the merge gets to the critical point or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

EmmyOk posted:

Rereading and Kenjaku's face gets a bunch of veins in the final panel. I suspect he's about to Invoke or trigger something with his last breath similar to his mass idol transfiguration. Or possibly a final order to Tengen while he's under his control. Maybe ordering him to start the merge assuming Sukuna will wipe out the rest of the culling game players before the merge gets to the critical point or something.

I assume it's either that, or Toji was right and killing Geto will cause all of the cursed spirits he's accumulated to escape and run wild, with Tengen being one of them.