Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah I think Punk will absolutely keep his mouth shut this time, only to be betrayed by his body again.

Yes, the potential for hilarity is high but I think Punk recognizes this is his probably his only real shot at a major payday left. He'll play the good soldier better than he ever has. It's just he's old now and he's gonna hurt himself again.

If I'm wrong though, :lmao:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Astro7x posted:

What more does the guy want?

:shrug: you'll have to ask him

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

edit: nvm

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Eat My Fuc posted:

Lol.

God Punk aged 20 years in 2.

Eh, he's a guy whose age shows differently based on haircuts and facial hair. He's always had the dark circles under his eyes, but when you have a weird haircut and a beard with a bunch of gray/white in it, you're going to look older. He had the white in his beard in AEW, too, he just didn't always keep it long and I feel like he looks younger with a bald head than any other haircut at this point.

DeepDickPizza posted:

CM Punk vs. Stone Cold. Night 2 main event. Stone Cold gets to goad Punk for not really being anti-establishment. We get weeks of cool promo battles and a fun brawl just like the KO one. He pours beer down his throat. Everyone gives a hearty hell yeah, even the haters.

OR they can just fabricate a bunch of promos for a video game release and get everyone all excited but then never capitalize on it.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Is there any evidence to back up the wishcasting that punk is broke and needs these big paydays? Or is it just folk having lols?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Punk vs Stone Cold at Soldier Field could break the record for Number Of Tickets Sold For A Wrestling Event

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

rotinaj posted:

Is there any evidence to back up the wishcasting that punk is broke and needs these big paydays? Or is it just folk having lols?

I don’t know that he’s broke but he bought a pretty expensive house in LA and drives a G Wagon so it seems like he has an expensive lifestyle he’d want to maintain

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

rotinaj posted:

falling interest rates hit his rental properties hard so he needs that ca$h

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I don’t know that he’s broke but he bought a pretty expensive house in LA and drives a G Wagon so it seems like he has an expensive lifestyle he’d want to maintain

So punk rock

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

rotinaj posted:

even if he's not broke, he just got fired with cause from a contract that was probably pretty good and he'd really like to see more money instead of letting it end there

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
he's trying to salvage his wrestling legacy as much as he's trying to make money. he's in-ring days are coming to an end so he's running out of time.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Has anyone fantasy booked a dog collar match with Dominik yet? That’s what I’m hoping for

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Seth Rollins pointing and laughing after Punk tries to do the buckshot again and breaks his foot again

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

In seriousness a Punk vs. Austin match would be huge and there's enough of a part of me that wants to see it so if they bring him in to do that, sure, that's cool. Punk vs. Rollins makes a lot of sense to book to as well. Otherwise, I'm just in general not as interested to see what he does there if just because WWE showed me point blank with the EC/Mania Night 2 one-two-punch that the moment anyone gets interesting they'll hammer them into place to make sure they don't get bigger than the brand.

So, yeah, I just want funny poo poo at this point

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Ganso Bomb posted:

Eh, he's a guy whose age shows differently based on haircuts and facial hair. He's always had the dark circles under his eyes, but when you have a weird haircut and a beard with a bunch of gray/white in it, you're going to look older. He had the white in his beard in AEW, too, he just didn't always keep it long and I feel like he looks younger with a bald head than any other haircut at this point.

His haircut and beard at Survivor Series also just look like they want to make him look younger, and nothing makes someone look older than trying too hard to make him look young.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Ironic that Punk purchasing a home in LA didn’t give him access to the SoCal Cabal. You cannot buy your way in you have to be born into it.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
If the latest reports are true re: the guys in the main event learning about Punk just before they headed to the ring, then I feel like there's a reasonable chance that Seth's initial reaction in the cage was legit and he then decided to amp it up for the cameras and do the double middle fingers and 'hold me back Cole!'.

Easy enough to hear "Punk is making a surprise return to cap off the PPV" and temporarily suppress the real reaction while focusing on the tangible thing in front of you, the wrestling match. Harder to keep it all inside when Cult of Personality hits and the schmuck you dislike gets the biggest pop of the night.

Anyways, thank you thread posters for bringing the latest drama and rumors and creating lotsa laughs.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

kalensc posted:

If the latest reports are true re: the guys in the main event learning about Punk just before they headed to the ring, then I feel like there's a reasonable chance that Seth's initial reaction in the cage was legit and he then decided to amp it up for the cameras and do the double middle fingers and 'hold me back Cole!'.

Easy enough to hear "Punk is making a surprise return to cap off the PPV" and temporarily suppress the real reaction while focusing on the tangible thing in front of you, the wrestling match. Harder to keep it all inside when Cult of Personality hits and the schmuck you dislike gets the biggest pop of the night.

You have been worked

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
the only one in the ring actually mad was randy, and thats because punk's entrance was taking too long

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

the only one in the ring actually mad was randy, and thats because punk's entrance was taking too long

Yeah he did his spots and was ready to go home.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
randy came back from a severe back/spine injury roided to the gills and barely able to walk

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I liked how he got a chair and sat down, then tapped the imaginary watch on his wrist and waved toward the entrance when Punk came out.

Who asked Seth that initial question about Punk when he called him a cancer? And when was that in relation to Punk's AEW status? I don't know if they have a deeper history and actually dislike each other or not, but now I'm wondering if they had an inkling he could end up in WWE at that point and decided to start playing it up. Worst-case scenario, it goes nowhere and means nothing but now he's there and you can work off of it.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Miching Mallecho posted:

It's still funny listening to the Punk podcast when he left WWE again now, and all the complaints about his storylines, having to wrestle triple H, etc

When he had massive control over that stuff in AEW, he still hosed it up by not being an adult over the dumbest things. It's all still very funny. :lol:

Somehow elevated being a fraud to a higher level even compared to other wrestlers

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

We're going to get Punk vs Cody in a "Loser Wears Polka-Dots" match. Assuming Punk's leg doesn't explode again.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Ganso Bomb posted:

I liked how he got a chair and sat down, then tapped the imaginary watch on his wrist and waved toward the entrance when Punk came out.

Who asked Seth that initial question about Punk when he called him a cancer? And when was that in relation to Punk's AEW status? I don't know if they have a deeper history and actually dislike each other or not, but now I'm wondering if they had an inkling he could end up in WWE at that point and decided to start playing it up. Worst-case scenario, it goes nowhere and means nothing but now he's there and you can work off of it.

It might have been Hausman. It was around January/Rumble when rumors were swirling that Punk probably wouldn’t come back to AEW and some people thought he might appear in the Rumble lol

I think Seth probably genuinely dislikes Punk but he’s also a professional and knows that the feud would be good for his career. Eddie Kingston also disliked Punk and was able to work with him to build a great match.

Found it:

https://youtu.be/h-tI_KrG59Q?si=E_lw9hDVjqbOWI2J

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Punk vs Rollins is the Rumble match

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

JUNGLE BOY posted:

It might have been Hausman. It was around January/Rumble when rumors were swirling that Punk probably wouldn’t come back to AEW and some people thought he might appear in the Rumble lol

I think Seth probably genuinely dislikes Punk but he’s also a professional and knows that the feud would be good for his career. Eddie Kingston also disliked Punk and was able to work with him to build a great match.

Found it:

https://youtu.be/h-tI_KrG59Q?si=E_lw9hDVjqbOWI2J

Lol, of course it was Hausman

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

To me the funniest option is CM Punk: Wrestlemania Host

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Can’t wait to see the set for the Punk’s Pipebomb interview segment

Will he have, and destroy a jeritron 5000

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Dango Bango posted:

To me the funniest option is CM Punk: Wrestlemania Host

"That's actually better than the main event; it's ALL the events"

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Ganso Bomb posted:

IIRC, in a different interview, Seth said something to the effect of how Punk had very helpful to him earlier in his career, but had changed and become more distant by the time they were in WWE together. I believe Corey Graves also said something similar, that when Punk quit WWE, he basically cut off most of the friendships he had with people that still worked there.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

CM Punk resigning with WWE after his insane crybaby meltdown is an extremely funny & fitting outcome for the end of 2023. Will I start watching WWE again? Absolutely not, bit it's still fun to read about it :allears:

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
CM Punk gets injured and then they have him be an announcer at wrestlemania.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

super macho dude posted:

CM Punk resigning with WWE after his insane crybaby meltdown is an extremely funny & fitting outcome for the end of 2023. Will I start watching WWE again? Absolutely not, bit it's still fun to read about it :allears:

He’s been there two days and he’s already resigned? Typical…

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Doing a worked shoot thing with Seth Rollins "Getting angry" is a really good idea. Both Seth and Punk are known for their senses of humor and ability to have others point out their flaws and insecurities, and basing a storyline around this will definitely not lead to either of those confident and secure men losing their goddamn minds.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

The tragic end of The Mix having big balls is him finding out he has testicular cancer.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Gonzo McFee posted:

The tragic end of The Mix having big balls is him finding out he has testicular cancer.

I’m now picturing him bouncing his way to the ring on them like Randy Marsh

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

Miching Mallecho posted:

CM Punk gets injured and then they have him be an announcer at wrestlemania.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

:vince: