Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
It might've been Geto's call at the time, but it didn't happen when he was originally killed by Gojo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Conspiratiorist posted:

It might've been Geto's call at the time, but it didn't happen when he was originally killed by Gojo.

IIRC he used uzumaki when he was fighting Yuta, so he burned half of his cursed spirits with that, and the other half were exorcised by Gojo and co

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

CharlestonJew posted:

IIRC he used uzumaki when he was fighting Yuta, so he burned half of his cursed spirits with that, and the other half were exorcised by Gojo and co

Yeah I think Kenjaku mentions having to build back up stocks after that. He also postulates that if Geto had all his spirits with him he'd have beaten Okkotsu then

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

I'm going to be annoyed if Kenjaku actively manages to pull a stunt at this point, because he should've been killed instantly. If his death triggers something then whatever.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

His head will fly off into the sky like Mazinger's Scrander before firing a brain beam directly into Gojo's corpse.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Is Kenjaku really gonna die from this or did Yuta simply cut off his head so they can incapacitate the weird brain creature inside a skull prison? Thats what i'm wondering I guess

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Jerkface posted:

Is Kenjaku really gonna die from this or did Yuta simply cut off his head so they can incapacitate the weird brain creature inside a skull prison? Thats what i'm wondering I guess

Brains still need blood to work, presumably whatever technique Kenjaku used to swap bodies handled that, but I gotta imagine just being totally disconnected he won't last long unless they dump him in some jujutsu brain tub.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Brains still need blood to work, presumably whatever technique Kenjaku used to swap bodies handled that, but I gotta imagine just being totally disconnected he won't last long unless they dump him in some jujutsu brain tub.

his brain has a little mouth and is effectively a curse, so I dunno if it needs blood to survive or whatever.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Jerkface posted:

his brain has a little mouth and is effectively a curse, so I dunno if it needs blood to survive or whatever.

I think the jury is still out on how many cursed techniques Kenjaku could have in his pocket and he did previously possess a member of the Kamo clan. Given that and his knowledge of blood techniques he could just launch his head or self destruct as a final act using his remaining blood. That or he rips off DIO and does a Eye beam attack.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I hope he lives.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

EmmyOk posted:

Rereading and Kenjaku's face gets a bunch of veins in the final panel. I suspect he's about to Invoke or trigger something with his last breath similar to his mass idol transfiguration. Or possibly a final order to Tengen while he's under his control. Maybe ordering him to start the merge assuming Sukuna will wipe out the rest of the culling game players before the merge gets to the critical point or something.

Kenjaku is just preparing to deliver the best joke ever created by mankind

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

He needs to live so he can be Takaba's manzai partner

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Arzaac posted:

He needs to live so he can be Takaba's manzai partner

Need an epilogue: "Takaba and Kenjaku went on to form the comedy duo Pinch & Chance, they lost in the semi-finals of P-1 to a talking panda"

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
looking back

Gojo kinda got hosed over pretty bad, huh? Mr. Broken and his newly acquired Jr. Broken bastards, all at the same time.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It’s crazy he took on Mahorsga, Agito, and Sukuna at the same time considering a wild uncontrollable Mahorsga solo killed a previous six eyes limitless user. Especially considering Mahorsga got to show up pre-adapted

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Ten Shadows is kinda funny thinking about it.

"Here's some dogs, an elephant, some hares, and an unstoppable god that no one has been able to conquer, have fun!"

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Don't forget the frogs. Super useful shikigami imo

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

It’s crazy he took on Mahorsga, Agito, and Sukuna at the same time considering a wild uncontrollable Mahorsga solo killed a previous six eyes limitless user. Especially considering Mahorsga got to show up pre-adapted

Nah, Goto never stood a chance.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

ImpAtom posted:

Nah, Goto never stood a chance.

2 out of 3--hell, 1 out of three if it's just the big dumb wheeled monster, is still pretty bonkers

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

looking back

Gojo kinda got hosed over pretty bad, huh? Mr. Broken and his newly acquired Jr. Broken bastards, all at the same time.

The Ten shadows isn’t even dead either, he still has some in the mix like Max Elephant which he can pull out individually and he can still merge Mahoraga with the others.

It wouldn’t surprise me if he goes for a full totality into one big fuckoff monster.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I'm gonna call bullshit if Kenjaku gets to do anything that isn't just "this thing is happening because I'm dying." You had a chance to slice vertically to cut up that brain in his head, and you had a chance to slice and dice him after the horizontal slice instead of talking at all to him. And given thee level of power and threat he's had, there's no reason at all not to go all out and do at least one of those things.

I did like how they were able to get him though, since I didn't see that coming as part of the strategy.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I am hoping that Kenjaku does a face turn and is a head or brain in a jar ally like Lord Genome in Gurren Lagann. The power of comedy bonding with Takaba is what makes this possible.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Although the fight was bullshit, I thought the Sukuna vs Yozuru fight showcased how stupidly broken 10 Shadows is. Sukuna was out-versatiling a user whose technique’s entire identity revolved around versatility by just chaining basic summons.

The summons use shadows as a medium, a fluid, limitless resource. You can also manipulate shadow itself and hide and store stuff in them, including yourself. It’s a swiss army knife that has an answer for anything. Oh, and one of the options is also a nuclear bomb.

Like, Momo’s technique lets her fly on a broom. That’s less than 1/10th the capability of 10s, and Nue can electrocute people too.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

yum posted:

Like, Momo’s technique lets her fly on a broom. That’s less than 1/10th the capability of 10s, and Nue can electrocute people too.

Feel like this is kind of a skill issue tho. Her ability is apparently "tool manipulation" and she can basically do wind slashes as well. If her manipulating a broom allows her to fly then she could probably do wild stuff if she acted more like Mei Mei and thought outside the box a little bit. She could be using cursed shoes, wielding a cursed blade or other tool and running on air\fighting in an insane 3 dimensional way. She could levitate a bunch of knives around her like a video game person, hell levitate a brace of pistols or machine guns thatd be funny. Come on Momo, dream a little bigger than just being a stock witch character :colbert:

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

yum posted:

No denying that 10S is busted, but I honestly feel like any jujutsu sorcerer could elevate their technique with the right combination of willpower, skill, spite, and raw determination. Even if you weren't born with heaps of natural talent you can train for that.

It's just that most people aren't crazy enough to devote their lives to it.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
That's the entire point of someone like Mei Mei. Her technique is on it's face pretty inoffensive so she spent years just getting better at cursed energy utilization and physical reinforcement. Then she turned around and figured out an incredibly potent combat application for controlling crows and now she has an attack that can one-shot a special grade curse with just a single crow.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Jerkface posted:

Feel like this is kind of a skill issue tho. Her ability is apparently "tool manipulation" and she can basically do wind slashes as well. If her manipulating a broom allows her to fly then she could probably do wild stuff if she acted more like Mei Mei and thought outside the box a little bit. She could be using cursed shoes, wielding a cursed blade or other tool and running on air\fighting in an insane 3 dimensional way. She could levitate a bunch of knives around her like a video game person, hell levitate a brace of pistols or machine guns thatd be funny. Come on Momo, dream a little bigger than just being a stock witch character :colbert:

But she doesn't want to be the most powerful sorceress, she wants to be a witch!

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
I guess if Sukuna wasn’t Sukuna his technique would just give people inconvenient papercuts or something

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Kenjaku is saying poo poo like "Well I hate to leave things undone but" which is not a thing you say if you're not dying

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

GreenMetalSun posted:

No denying that 10S is busted, but I honestly feel like any jujutsu sorcerer could elevate their technique with the right combination of willpower, skill, spite, and raw determination. Even if you weren't born with heaps of natural talent you can train for that.

It's just that most people aren't crazy enough to devote their lives to it.

I mean the series has repeatedly said this. If you're dedicated or just crazy enough you can pull bullshit out of anything. Gojo himself stated repeatedly he believed the entire class of students he taught could rival him one day at least.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
Gojo also thought he'd win.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Conspiratiorist posted:

Gojo also thought he'd win.

I mean he would have if it was Sukuna at full power. Not Full power+TS.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gojo thought he'd win against regular, not Megumi Body Stolen version.

I think it's just funnier to imagine that Gojo is just hilariously bad at judging relative power levels and potential, he was just so strong that "I'd win" was a safe bet 999 out of 1000 times.

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

It wouldn't be that unreasonable were it the case. The man had a real challenge like once in his adult life in Toji. He didn't break a sweat against Jogo either and we saw how the disaster curses were making GBS threads on the jujutsu sorcerers. Newborn Dagon was about to get a full party kill until Toji showed up. Maybe everyone else just looks the same to Sukuna and Gojo as far as strength goes.

That said, is it copium if I still think something might happen with Gojo? The airport was such a jarring transition (if the anime gets there those two episodes ending on Purple and opening on Gojo bisected are going to be absolutely insane to witness) and so symbolically suggestive of being in between life and death.

Tosk fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Nov 28, 2023

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I mean he would have if it was Sukuna at full power. Not Full power+TS.

Well no, after the fact he also thought he could have still lost even without TS being a thing.

Tosk posted:

That said, is it copium if I still think something might happen with Gojo? The airport was such a jarring transition (if the anime gets there those two episodes ending on Purple and opening on Gojo bisected are going to be absolutely insane to witness) and so symbolically suggestive of being in between life and death.
Given that the Death scenes happened with both Jogo and Kashimo, I would not read much into it. It was just Gojo before taking off to the afterlife.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Tosk posted:

In what you seem to be implying, yes it is copium

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I've spoken with Gojo, so I can say this - yes, he has great things planned. Stay tuned.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Can you ask him to return my calls? I've got a screenplay I want to run by him.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Jerkface posted:

Stiletto shoes where the pointy bit is an extending blade, Bayo 1 style actually sharp ice skates

E: Arm guards that work as shields

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Ten Shadows being absurdly broken makes sense imo. It's the ultimate inherited technique of one of the three major clans. One of the others being Gojo's even more broken Limitless/Six-Eyes. Considering these are the ultimate bloodline techniques of the top three families and presumably what allowed those clans to become the most powerful ones I think it makes sense them to be absurdly strong. Them being so OP is probably why the survived the ages and became inherited. What stands out to me is how seemingly weak the Kashimo family's blood manipulation is by comparison. Choso is probably a pretty strong user of it and it just seems so far beneath something like Ten Shadows. Then again seeing Sukuna's TS vs Megumi's is night and day even assuming Megumi has a lot of growth ahead.

Blockhouse posted:

Kenjaku is saying poo poo like "Well I hate to leave things undone but" which is not a thing you say if you're not dying

I agree for sure it just seems like the last panel he's about to hit a metaphorical big red button.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Well no, after the fact he also thought he could have still lost even without TS being a thing.

I'm convinced Gege included that line to make sure the salt wars would last eternal on the matter of Gojo V Sukuna. Anyway, here's how Gojo can still win!