Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

kacho on, indeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Moai Ou posted:

Thanks to a Suruga-ya free shipping weekend, I was able to get this, which came bundled with some copies of the Tamage-centric Game Center CX DVD. I didn't expect it to be a model kit when I ordered it.

It even comes with an acrylic standee of Arino.

All those stickers were monotonous to put on.

There's some extra stickers. I might put some of the sprites on the sides.

SnakesRevenge
Dec 29, 2008

Remember the basics of CQC, Snake!

Deviant posted:

kacho on, indeed.

e:content

If there is a set of this with Kiryu with a tiny bun-chan, I'm hosed.

SnakesRevenge fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Nov 28, 2023

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

Computer lab day! Time to spend 45 minutes trying to load pokemon.com!

Star Man posted:

You can paint on primer like Vallejo surface primer. Get a cheap fine tip brush and paint it on, no airbrush required.

While true, just imagine being able to just pop open a marker and prime a little area.

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Rider now with 100% more titanium!

Prof. Banks posted:

While true, just imagine being able to just pop open a marker and prime a little area.

The tamiya bottle has a built in brush....

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Star Man posted:

You can paint on primer like Vallejo surface primer. Get a cheap fine tip brush and paint it on, no airbrush required.

Vallejo also have a fancy pants mecha series primer which is supposed to be a little more hardy than their regular stuff.

I bought some myself! ...then never used it and then sold it!

Edit: Speaking of selling stuff, I'm trying to clear my shelves a bit so I put up some of my old PBandai plas on Yahoo auctions. For some godforsaken reason, someone used buyee to buy an unpainted HG for nearly 4 times its original boxed price. Good for me obviously but Jesus, Gunpla internet, what are you even doing? :psyduck:

RillAkBea fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Nov 28, 2023

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Which HG was it anyway?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Sometimes you'll just luck out and find a person who seems to really really want a kit and is willing to pay money to...not build it? I guess?

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Rider now with 100% more titanium!

Pierson posted:

Sometimes you'll just luck out and find a person who seems to really really want a kit and is willing to pay money to...not build it? I guess?

It turns out, lots of people ~want the thing~ but don't want to ~make the thing~. I know.. it's mind bending, isn't it?

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

based on the prices I've seen, that seems to be the reasoning of some secondhand sellers too, but building it is like half the fun! for like RG and up i can understand it but an hg is so achievable even with like nail clippers.

BUT good for them, different strokes, etc

slicing up eyeballs fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Nov 28, 2023

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

my bounty of vegas gundams has arrived

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Oh poo poo in the deluge of PBandai stuff that's gone up I almost didn't notice the new HG Maxter is back; missed it the first time

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Monkey Fracas posted:

Oh poo poo in the deluge of PBandai stuff that's gone up I almost didn't notice the new HG Maxter is back; missed it the first time

Oh nice thanks, hoping it lasts til i get home from work and can actually buy it.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I wonder how many new runners the new Rose and Maxter have

Sucks that they're trapped in PBandai but they at least re-ran the pre-order for the Rose 3 or 4 times so hopefully everyone who wants one got one at price +PBandai Shipping Tax

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Got the pg mk ii aueg version and the pg banshee after a big bonus from work. Once I get the pg unleashed I'll be done with my pg collection mania.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Looks like the Maxter did not last, I hate P-Bandai so loving much.

EDIT: Or maybe it did and I'm looking at the wrong link I dunno. I still hate P-Bandai.

Mr E fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Nov 28, 2023

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

Monkey Fracas posted:

I wonder how many new runners the new Rose and Maxter have

Sucks that they're trapped in PBandai but they at least re-ran the pre-order for the Rose 3 or 4 times so hopefully everyone who wants one got one at price +PBandai Shipping Tax

Here are all the runners for Rose:

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Mr E posted:

EDIT: Or maybe it did and I'm looking at the wrong link I dunno. I still hate P-Bandai.

May have been looking at the old pre-order from months ago

At least I hope so I missed it yesterday because of the site maintenance period

Napoleon Nelson posted:

Here are all the runners for Rose:

They all look new to me

\/\/kinda makes it even more annoying that it's trapped on PBandai esp since the Rose is such a nice kit\/\/

Monkey Fracas fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Nov 28, 2023

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

Whoops, missed the key "new" in there. I believe they're all new for this FC line.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Aren’t they going to be stealth dropping more poo poo tonight?

Out of what they said is coming, I was only going for the Nadleeh, but P-Bandai is kind of a dick too

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Mr E posted:

Maxter's still up for me?

My efreet shipped today, so I can't wait for that to arrive! Real excited to finally have it. Still a bit wary of suruga-ya just because buying "used" items is always kind of leery to me, but no one in this thread seems to have had issues so hopefully I'm not the first.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

One of my all-time favourite mobile suit designs. I would annihilate nations for even a RE/100 or a HiRM.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

drat, those thighs!

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022
I'd really like them to free it from p-bandai, because I'm never going to get it as is

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

chrome line posted:

I'd really like them to free it from p-bandai, because I'm never going to get it as is

Depending on which version you want the prices aren't too bad on sugura, at least.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
Cool I was able to get a Nadleeh and the recirculation Barbatos. Also bought a couple of the WfM action bases cause that clear purple is slick.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

chrome line posted:

Check Surugaya next time they have a free shipping weekend, I got mine for about $30.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

My HLJ order arrived today... :shepface:

I got two of these. My dakka lust is insatiable. :orks:

Also got one of these 30MM Multi-Builder cases just to store bits and pieces in. It's certainly done wonders for containing my stray paint markers at least.

I saw the Metallic Paint marker Set 2 while browsing and noticed all the colours are the ones I need for El Dora V, so it's gonna look shiny.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

auuuugh this fuckin yellow is going to be the death of me.

Soon as this is done it's going in the trash.

Any recommendations for a good solid yellow lacquer?

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

Synthbuttrange posted:

Any recommendations for a good solid yellow lacquer?

SMS

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

These names are on the level of Johnny Destiny Space Ninja

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Nov 30, 2023

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
The only Pink Amigo I was aware of until now:

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Tin Tim posted:

These names are on the level of Johnny Destiny Space Ninja

Yeah, they're parody characters, a Voltron style team of heroes who got old and senile. They're Master Asia's old friends in SRW T!

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

SMS paints are loving amazing. It's basically a cheat mode for airbrushing.

Cleanup in the brush is so easy as well.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
One thing they do make me realize I would like to see in the Moderoid line; The original Megazord and Dragonzord :allears:.

Always wantes the Megazord toys as a kid back in the 90's :corsair:.

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe

Neddy Seagoon posted:

One thing they do make me realize I would like to see in the Moderoid line; The original Megazord and Dragonzord :allears:.

It's not a Moderoid, but Flame Toys is putting out a Megzord kit soon.

Their Transformers kits are pretty decent, so I'm hoping this'll be good.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Moai Ou posted:

It's not a Moderoid, but Flame Toys is putting out a Megzord kit soon.

Their Transformers kits are pretty decent, so I'm hoping this'll be good.

They're sold out most places, but Bandai did a Dragonzord and a Megazord in their Super Mini Pla toyline. Good stuff if you can track them down. All the gimmicks you want from a megazord, but with more articulation.

I built their Kiramager Megazord when that came out back a couple years back, and it's pretty impressive for a candy toy.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Neddy Seagoon posted:

People have already mentioned the model kits, but if you want a more high end, stylized figure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7V0B2NQzQ0

https://www.amazon.com/Power-Rangers-Megazord-Combine-FLM51435/dp/B0BCXKXF83/

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Weird question for people more familiar with p-bandai than myself: do they do anything special or noteworthy for the holidays/new year? Or is this that? This explosion of stuff - mostly gundam base limited reprints - is rad as hell even if I'm not interested in most of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

satan's dick this has been like the most cursed build I've ever done so far and it makes me want to throw my airbrush, compressor and all my paints into the street. Its finally all painted up and assembled so hopefully it'll be smoother from here. I used up an entire jar of that terrible yellow getting that solid coat through painting and repainting so many times to get it all done and even now there's still some unevenness but I cant be bothered anymore.

I'll get some lining and decal work after ive recovered some energy to do it. He is a nice lil boy now he's all assembled tho.

edit:

aaaaaaa it can scratch its own thighs and hip and shoulder caps in some poses aaaaa goddammitt sob sob

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Nov 30, 2023