Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

the shake, rattle n roll is his finisher? LOL. That was a weak finisher even back when the Honkey Tonk Man was using it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Holy poo poo, did Stamford do something to piss USA off that I'm not aware of?

Yes they made WWE Raw.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

The swinging neckbreaker is the default finisher for guys they don’t trust to do moves right or think deserve a Big Man move set. Barely a step above the overdrive.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Drakkel posted:

If HHH truly wants to be Booker of the Year he needs to put Punk and Miz in the main event of Blood Money Mania 2024

“you guys really know how to make a guy feel like Khashoggi in an embassy”

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
So, after watching that promo. Is Punk even there by Wrestlemania? And what possible shape could it look like with him playing the most absolutely miserable looking man on tv?

Marshawn Lynch's "I'm only here so I won't get fined" attitude is awesome coming from a rebellious superstar but not so much by CM Punk in 2023.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

DeepDickPizza posted:

People still like Sami Zayn, right? I mean, if Punk goes to SA I'll respect him a little less, but he's a professional wrestler, not my friend or congressperson or something. My bar isn't very high for the guys who give themselves brain damage for a living.

Reminder that Sami Zayn, a devout practicing Muslim, used the SA trip to detour to Mecca and visit the Kaaba

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

stab posted:

Reminder that Sami Zayn, a devout practicing Muslim, used the SA trip to detour to Mecca and visit the Kaaba

that's rad

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Also his major non wrestling social media activity is fundraising for mobile clinics in Syria.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

ChrisBTY posted:

Also this pretty much kills any chance for Cody to #finishthestory at WM40 doesn't it?

Cody's a smart guy, he just needs to put a call with the Bucks on speakerphone backstage and Punk'll melt down again.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

if you look at Randy and Punk on RAW last week and said "which one of these dudes did blizzards of coke?"

the answer might surprise u!

seriously why does punk look so old

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Orton loves weed and Punk is straight edge. Which guy looks better and like someone you'd wanna be pals with?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i wouldn't wanna be friends with either of those freaks tbh

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

ngl id smoke weed and play elden ring w randy

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

well orton is like 8 years younger. but to answer the question, i'd rather be pals with a couple of gals! nvm he's 2 years younger. good gravy!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Kvlt! posted:

ngl id smoke weed and play elden ring for randy

fixed, it'd be a sweet gig

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

id like some good gravy

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

i wouldn't wanna be friends with either of those freaks tbh

They'd both be hell to get along with I think. Punk would jabber at you nonstop about his gripes and grumbles, and Orton would just sit there barely replying to anything you said.

Now I want to see a remake of Fargo with them as the inept kidnappers, Punk in the Steve Buscemi role and Orton in the Peter Stormare role

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Tato posted:

WWE just simply needs more time, 3 hours isn't enough. They should have a fourth hour match that extends through the other USA programming, like when Hogan and Giant had an hour long mighty contest during TNT's Robin Hood

I always liked the implication of this, that Hogan/Giant had a 45-minute match somehow

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I wouldn't want to be, like, friends with Randy Orton, but I'd be down to hang out for a day. Preferably no pictures in case something even more horrific comes out, but for just shooting the poo poo no strings attached Randy seems cool.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
I like the pose Randy Orton does :)

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MorningMoon posted:

I wouldn't want to be, like, friends with Randy Orton, but I'd be down to hang out for a day. Preferably no pictures in case something even more horrific comes out, but for just shooting the poo poo no strings attached Randy seems cool.

I wouldn't invite him to my party but would be excited to show up at the same party as him.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Lamuella posted:

Also his major non wrestling social media activity is fundraising for mobile clinics in Syria.

And Sami didn't go to any of the blood money shows until relations between Saudi Arabia and Syria started improving. You can see how things have improved enough in his personal analysis for him to decide to go.

Punk hated Saudi Arabia in the same "Saudi Arabia is a journalist-murdering venture capital firm, WWE is paid in blood money" way as most of this thread, and things haven't... really improved on that front in the years since he told Miz to suck that blood money dick. That means that if Punk goes to a Saudi show, the only thing that's changed has been his willingness to sell out.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

As always, selling out is the most punk thing you can do

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Lurks With Wolves posted:

And Sami didn't go to any of the blood money shows until relations between Saudi Arabia and Syria started improving. You can see how things have improved enough in his personal analysis for him to decide to go.

Punk hated Saudi Arabia in the same "Saudi Arabia is a journalist-murdering venture capital firm, WWE is paid in blood money" way as most of this thread, and things haven't... really improved on that front in the years since he told Miz to suck that blood money dick. That means that if Punk goes to a Saudi show, the only thing that's changed has been his willingness to sell out.

So Sami didn’t care about the blood money, journalist-murdering part?

It’s ok to just accept the lovely parts and move along. Sami seems like a good dude. I don’t really hold it against him that his lovely employer pays him a lot to go do work for a lovely government. It is what it is.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

taking saudi arabia's moneys to do flips and hang with baba tunde is the moral action actually

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Sami Zayn was super excited to go see women driving in Saudi Arabia and all the other ways in which WWE continues to influence the world

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
I like to think of it as Sami funnelling Saudi money into Syrian charities to very little benefit of theirs

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Reminder that Jamal Kashoggi, a practicing Muslim, used his visit to the Saudi consulate in Istanbul to be dismembered under orders of the government of Saudi Arabia

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Sami didn’t loudly proclaim wrestlers going to KSA to be dorks who were sucking blood money covered dicks while he stayed at home, so he gets a pass

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Reminder that Jamal Kashoggi, a practicing Muslim, used his visit to the Saudi consulate in Istanbul to be dismembered under orders of the government of Saudi Arabia

we dont know all the facts. he coulda done it to himself

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

History Comes Inside! posted:

Sami didn’t loudly proclaim wrestlers going to KSA to be dorks who were sucking blood money covered dicks while he stayed at home, so he gets a pass

Also visiting Mecca is you are able is essentially a requirement of his faith. I’d go see it myself if I could it’s gorgeous and from outer space which owns.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

History Comes Inside! posted:

Nah, everyone who goes and participates in the propaganda sucks

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Nah, everyone who goes and participates in the propaganda sucks

Oh yeah for sure it’s just not really a giant hypocritical ‘gotcha’ moment now that he’s working the shows like it would be if Punk were to work them now

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Like it sucks when a wrestler I like works those shows but in Punk's case he literally released a trans flag shirt.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

:lol:

Pylons posted:

Like it sucks when a wrestler I like works those shows but in Punk's case he literally released a trans flag shirt.

Yes, it’s very good that Punk raised awareness and money for trans rights charities.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

DeepDickPizza posted:

Yes, it’s very good that Punk raised awareness for trans rights charities.

Sorry, we're busy getting mad about stuff he may or may not do

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Punk already showed up in WWE.

I'm just here for the Punk hypocrisy tour.

Well, not here here, I wouldn't watch this poo poo, but I love to read about it.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

DeepDickPizza posted:

Yes, it’s very good that Punk raised awareness and money for trans rights charities.

A great comfort to all the LGBTQIA+ individuals in Saudi Arabia, I'm sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Actually the real reason Punk is broke is he bought Starbucks vouchers for every single woman in Saudi Arabia