Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

She literally showed up backstage with her gear and Tony asked her if she wanted to wrestle and she said yes. That's it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

I still don't see any world (besides it literally being the breaking point for the match happening) where they put Rousey and marina over ATHENA (and Billie) and don't have her come back, that's a hell of a gift to an unsigned, one-off appearance

E:@Pylons this is the thing that makes it hard for me to see it as a single shot thing. A loss and I'm with you 100%

Also maybe don't taunt with the belt either

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It was on a show nobody watches so did it even really happen

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

The Taxman posted:

I still don't see any world (besides it literally being the breaking point for the match happening) where they put Rousey and marina over ATHENA (and Billie) and don't have her come back, that's a hell of a gift to an unsigned, one-off appearance

E:@Pylons this is the thing that makes it hard for me to see it as a single shot thing. A loss and I'm with you 100%

Also maybe don't taunt with the belt either

From the perspective of Ronda/the person doing a one-shot I can see the point of doing the belt taunt. If it's a one-off thing/a favor and maybe they're building to Marina/Athena (I don't know if this is the case, I haven't watched ROH in a while) then it makes sense to have Marina/Ronda win. It also makes sense for Ronda to make the most of the opportunity like taunting with the belt because she knows it will get people talking and maybe excited about a potential Ronda/Athena match, which could push Tony into bringing her back either for another match or on a full deal. In this scenario I assume nobody told her to taunt with the belt and she just did it because it was there and felt like the natural thing to do.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

History Comes Inside! posted:

It was on a show nobody watches so did it even really happen

I thought she hasn’t been on AEW tv yet?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I thought she hasn’t been on AEW tv yet?

lol

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

FEED
ME
MORE
ad revenue

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
https://twitter.com/Fightful/status/1729486074110783768

Hard hitting scoops.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/FakeTJHawke/status/1729659405640114537

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

hes right.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

took everything from the rock except his crossover appeal

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I would have cheered him

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

NienNunb posted:

I would have cheered him

YEAH

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I felt things when I saw that outfit.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

NienNunb posted:

I would have cheered him

I was saying "YE-AH!"

MediaPlayerClassic
Aug 24, 2012

i was hoping for calvin cambridge :(

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

LA Knight is only wrestling over and no one outside of wrestling could tell you who he is

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Majinfoose posted:

LA Knight is only wrestling over and no one outside of wrestling could tell you who he is

I feel like that's the case with the whole roster now (outside of Logan and Bunny) including Roman. Becky might be an exception.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Majinfoose posted:

Pretty sure everyone knows the guy who invented those light up sneakers.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Kip Sabian is cool and good and likes the Bananas in Pyjamas.

He's alright in my book.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Majinfoose posted:

If you grabbed a random person off the street and showed them a picture of Roman Reigns they'd probably say he's Aquaman from the DC movies

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Should have done the appearance in Los Angeles instead.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
edit: wrong thread

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

https://twitter.com/CaptainLouJapan/status/1729577833331109907

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

Had me until the end.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Unironically AEW should probably learn how to develop talent from All Japan. First you start with multiple massive exoduses from the company...

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I saw LA Knight on the latest slim Jim displays at the gas station and was taken aback seeing a modern WWE star on anything honestly.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
There are gas stations around here that still have the macho man as a display for slim jims, a man who has been dead for over a decade and hasn't been in a commercial for like 20 years. Don't know if they're that picky

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Tampa Bae posted:

There are gas stations around here that still have the macho man as a display for slim jims, a man who has been dead for over a decade and hasn't been in a commercial for like 20 years. Don't know if they're that picky

That’s inertia though someone had to actively order and set up an LA Knight stand recently for those to be out.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Tampa Bae posted:

i ask if i can buy it p much every time i see one and the owners always say no :(

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Tampa Bae posted:

Same! Saw this a couple months ago and was delighted.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

He’s going to be attached to the brand forever, they even made a special action figure just a couple of years back

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Ganso Bomb posted:

want this real bad

edit: nm just saw ebay prices

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Ganso Bomb posted:

You'll also note that the triple-sized Slim Jims in that container are branded as SAVAGE SIZE

History Comes Inside! posted:

He’s going to be attached to the brand forever, they even made a special action figure just a couple of years back

I completely lost the desire to buy and collect toys years ago...but I want this drat figure.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

stab posted:

want this real bad

edit: nm just saw ebay prices

Snap into your savings, oh yeah!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Posting here since it'll get a little more attention than the lucha thread and it's the kind of content this thread needs.

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1729886917955854410

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I have it. I opened it but keep it in the box, because of course.

E:

MassRafTer posted:

Posting here since it'll get a little more attention than the lucha thread and it's the kind of content this thread needs.

WOW!!! LOOK AT THE STRIATIONS!!

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

Someone tell Vince, he'll fall over in his chair again for this.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Ganso Bomb posted:

I run a comic book store and I’m thinking I should put one of these by the register. People would probably buy Slim Jim’s at a comic store, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Good luck to all the men and women competing to be 2023's Mr. CMLL :)