Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

What if Kuroki wins, but non-lethally and does it just to prove to his (not)disciple rihito that it is in fact possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Scallop Eyes posted:

I've seen the theory that Kuroki will end up fighting either Yan or the bodyguard dude instead, and I think it's probably more likely too.

If he fights Shen the narrative possibilties don't seem good. Either he loses we're no different than before, and if he wins the manga is just over (though I'd probably like it this way). Maybe he can lose but injure him? Plant a seed of revenge so that Rihito is the one to beat Shen?.

We’ve had Shen being shown as untouchable followed by Ohma saying that his faith in martial arts was momentarily shaken by this but that he believes there is a way for martial arts to win. Kuroki, the current pinnacle of martial arts in the Kenganverse, has then challenged Shen.

To me the obvious conclusion is that Kuroki will lose (because what the hell happens if he wins) but lose in a way that shows Shen isn’t untouchable, that he can be hurt and beaten. Possibly this might combo with injuring him so that he’s not in peak condition for his fights with the Kengan association. This then sets up Ohma to beat him in the Kengan Annihilation tournament.

Alternatively the Sandro sucks route is for Kuroki to completely job to make Shen even more ridiculously hyped.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Shen karate chops Kuroki, instantly decapitating him

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I was really hoping we'd never see kuroki fight again, because it would have inevitably been something like this lol. Narratively I don't see how he could pull out a win here, but if they can surprise me with how bad the story is getting maybe they can surprise me with something fun this time

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
shen simply decides that he is immune to karate, and that's that.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Okay, so now not only are they going to call Yujiro in to crush Shen, they're also calling in their favor with Akuma as well.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Time for this fat overhyped jobber to learn some humility from Shen "The Connector" Wulong

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Kuroki is clearly going to lose because ohma has to win but ultimately the point is to show that ohma can actually win. Remember kuroki talked about his disappointment at fighting a broken ohma in the final

Hopefully the tournament is jurota, donaire, ryuki, the other finger guys who's name escapes me, agito vs tiger Niko and ohma Vs Shen

Shen fighting and losing to kogas uncle would rule though

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So Koga isn’t the protagonist anymore right?

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

I think Koga onboarded new readers into the world and now it has pivoted to an ensemble kinda thing?

Rabid Boar
Apr 16, 2020

Soon, all of you will feel my hate, and suffer as I have suffered!
Koga is always just out of frame, reacting the way you'd expect him to

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Still maintaining that switching away from Koga being the protagonist was the first and biggest mistake of Kengan Omega.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I assume sales plummeted so they brought in ryuki but that fixed nothing

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Jose posted:

I assume sales plummeted so they brought in ryuki but that fixed nothing

Yeah I assume the plan was for Koga to slowly get stronger and more involved with the major players until he was caught up to everyone. But readers thought it was too slow so Sandro sped it up and upped the stakes but now it’s going so quick there’s no way for Koga to realistically get strong enough to be relevant. Only way it could maybe be fixed is a timeskip. Maybe Kuroki gets Connector to agree to wait a few years?

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

RatHat posted:

now it’s going so quick there’s no way for Koga to realistically get strong enough to be relevant.

quote:

realistically

Ope, there's ya problem right there. There's no limit to what Sandro can asspull if he wants to. It's purely a matter of if he wants to keep Koga relevant at this point and we don't see any indication of that.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

Koga gonna megaman some of Shen's bullshit and leapfrog all of our old faves.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
The series is called Kengan Omega, not Ashura Omega. Koga is the Kengan, and Ryuki the Omega. Sandro needs to get back to the bl pronto

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Wait... Back?

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Right, I forgot Joji and Shen were serving as proxies for Koga and Ryuki. They’re basically their final evolutions.

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
Chapter 238.

Yes, yes, YES!

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Oh, so they'll give him a proper fight at least, neat. Unfortunately, Agito and Donron being also here and them all fighting Connector and leaders of Worm before the big Kengan tournament basically 100% ensures that they lose.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

We still have no idea what's going on with tiger Niko and there is the westward faction so while.its unlikely they'll win here it's not impossible

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

my moneys on "guy paying kuroki is killed/stops the order" and they stop the match as a draw.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
The Beard upset all presumptions of the obvious plotline in Ashura. gently caress it, Why not. The Worm have goofy rear end villains weirdly deflating after their build up since the start.

Kick his can, Karate Man.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I 100% agree with whichever politician said "gently caress this tournament nonsense just kill the guy" although it's pretty obvious the story is going to disagree that this is objectively the correct move to make. Only better move would be hiring a sniper because there are plenty of windows right there.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Just lol if you think that Shen wouldn't simply snatch the sniper bullet mid-air and then immediately flash step behind the sniper and kill him, all the while not changing his expression and complaining about how boring modern assassination attempts are.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Fact is tiger Niko is the actual final villain. Notice how he's not here and been doing worm like activities

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
oh man, I’ve seen this one before. If that ceo was really competent he would’ve stipulated that Kuroki implant a Poor Man’s Rose in his chest too

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The thing the connector says about not expecting to find a master like you in japan. What country is supposed to have the masters? china? the inside?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

K'unLun, Shangri-la, places like that.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Going to be real fun when the power of martial arts fundamentals defeats some magic bullshit just like how it did throughout all of KA

Lt. Lizard posted:

Just lol if you think that Shen wouldn't simply snatch the sniperKuroki's friend's bullet mid-air and then immediately flash step behind the sniper and kill him, all the while not changing his expression and complaining about how boring modern assassination attempts are.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

No Wave posted:

The thing the connector says about not expecting to find a master like you in japan. What country is supposed to have the masters? china? the inside?

:911:

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
I have to say I did like Shen trying to skirt out of fighting by pretending to not be the connector He should do more of that, and not be some stoic boring dude.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Rolon looks so happy to be able to murder worm members again

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

Artelier posted:

Going to be real fun when the power of martial arts fundamentals defeats some magic bullshit just like how it did throughout all of KA

or really depressing if it doesnt

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

this is the tipping point

either he wins and retroactively kengan omega is good or he loses and kengan omega officially sucks

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

he's gonna win but become the new bad guy because he reached the pinnacle and doesn't know what else to do

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

If Kuroki loses, his second friend- weirdly absent from two martial arts tournament mangas up until now- will lay him down on that couch and promise to avenge him. Or his name isn't

BRUCE LEE

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Arashiyama jurota should be there instead of agito considering the result of their fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

Jose posted:

Arashiyama jurota should be there instead of agito considering the result of their fight

You mean an incredibly close fight that could easily have gone either way, and which came down to which one of them recovered from being unconscious first?