Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Arivia posted:

Maybe he asked a massage therapist for a handy or something.

I was thinking something like this, or maybe he took a little workplace flirting too far and sent some dick pics or something. Something that would absolutely warrant termination, but the other person involved might not want to press any charges to avoid being thrust into the spotlight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Arivia posted:

He was trying to pull the ol Deshaun Watson in hopes of getting $230M?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

OldSenileGuy posted:

I was thinking something like this, or maybe he took a little workplace flirting too far and sent some dick pics or something. Something that would absolutely warrant termination, but the other person involved might not want to press any charges to avoid being thrust into the spotlight.

I'd believe this for an organisation that wasn't the blackhawks.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Arivia posted:

No they give you Subway commercials for that.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Yeah it seems clear enough to me now that it was sexpesting, but the victim won't press charges (knowing drat well she'd never work in the NHL again if she did) so Davidson can say "it's not a criminal matter" with a straight face.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/cbjcenter/status/1729562485768810826?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

They don’t understand how bad Chinny feels

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Is he good at hockey or bad at hockey I can’t remember

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

So the Oilers are 5-3 under Knobluach, biggest change at 5x5 is as expected : PDO is close to 100. They're still at close to 55% expected goals so they're still rocking out at 5x5 even if they're giving up a lot more shots then they did under Woodcroft.

However there's been an actual material change in something that matters: the PK. It's only 8 games but the Oilers PK under Knobluach is the best in the league this year at xGA and it's half of what it was under Woodcroft.

I don't think I can remember the Oilers EVER having a good PK.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

So the Oilers are 5-3 under Knobluach, biggest change at 5x5 is as expected : PDO is close to 100. They're still at close to 55% expected goals so they're still rocking out at 5x5 even if they're giving up a lot more shots then they did under Woodcroft.

However there's been an actual material change in something that matters: the PK. It's only 8 games but the Oilers PK under Knobluach is the best in the league this year at xGA and it's half of what it was under Woodcroft.

I don't think I can remember the Oilers EVER having a good PK.

Not happy the Oilers are doing better but im really happy for Knoblauch here. He's a good coach, did a bang up job in the AHL for the Rangers and im happy to see it translate into the NHL.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Why exactly has a Connor McDavid, Coach Killer meme never developed?

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
Connor has no personality to speak of; nevermind one big enough to make such demands.

The Oilers may be playing a little better, but they are failing at the most important stat: admiration/60 by Mr. Kite. They are dead last in the league under that metric.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Not by the hair on their Chinny-Chin-Chins.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

A Russian guy named Chinakhov?

Why does Columbus hate America?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Matt Zerella posted:

Not happy the Oilers are doing better but im really happy for Knoblauch here. He's a good coach, did a bang up job in the AHL for the Rangers and im happy to see it translate into the NHL.

Last few games they have definitely played better 5x5 as well but that also coincides with McDavid going nuclear with 12 points in those 3 games so who knows what's real aside from the PK

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Levitate posted:

Is he good at hockey or bad at hockey I can’t remember

Cracked the league super young after being regarded as a big reach in the draft, but kinda stalled out. Question is did Columbus spoil his development by playing him too early, and is that salvageable, or is he a no-ceiling AAAA player who’s gonna be an AHL/KHL superstar.

Mid-Life Crisis
Jun 13, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Pungry posted:

Here's your ESPN story with as much detail as we'll get, from Emily Kaplan.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/38999666/blackhawks-waive-corey-perry-unacceptable-conduct

Most relevant quote is here:

"Davidson said the team was first notified of the allegations last week when the Blackhawks were in Columbus, Ohio, on Wednesday to play the Blue Jackets. Sources told ESPN's Emily Kaplan that Perry indeed traveled with the team to Columbus last Tuesday, a day before the game, and an incident occurred that day involving a team employee. Davidson said Perry, who did not play in the team's 7-3 loss, was "immediately pulled" from the game once the Blackhawks were notified, and at that point, the club began an investigation."

I found this interesting.

"[Davidson] also said the players have no knowledge or any details of the incident."

Wonder how the locker room feels about it.

They know by now, he’s probably just trying to keep the media off of them.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
There's a huge difference between "the players don't know what happened" and "management has not briefed the players on the details of the incident"

He said the first thing but he definitely means the second thing

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

N: Patrick Kane will wear #88 for the Red Wings. The guy who wore #88 for the first 20 games of the season, Daniel Sprong, is switching to #17.
V: Weird!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

drat that guy really loves Hitler.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

It's not that uncommon. Sprong will probably get a nice Christmas present out of it

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Hope this ruins your day, fellow Wings fans :cheers:

https://twitter.com/detroitredwings/status/1729918966666031440

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Last few games they have definitely played better 5x5 as well but that also coincides with McDavid going nuclear with 12 points in those 3 games so who knows what's real aside from the PK

I do, they suck poo poo

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Sprong also hadn’t worn 88 on any of his prior pro teams, I doubt he was very attached to it

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Flyers added an assistant last night:
https://twitter.com/spittinchiclets/status/1729664576323518634?t=WjT67-3BJUOQV5cERTcdvQ&s=19

:3:

Koopa Kid posted:

Cracked the league super young after being regarded as a big reach in the draft, but kinda stalled out. Question is did Columbus spoil his development by playing him too early, and is that salvageable, or is he a no-ceiling AAAA player who’s gonna be an AHL/KHL superstar.

He's a middle-six winger at best with a Bjorkstrand-esque release and speed. Of the Russians he plays with, Voronkov and Marchenko are better.

In other words, on a team with too many forwards and KJ in Cleveland, he's only hurting himself if he leaves.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
I hope Trouba runs Kane tonight

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

I dunno, seems pretty close to supporting a cause or something on the playing surface with him not wearing the right jersey. Glad they did it anyway and hope they can avoid the fine.

Pretty cool to do, terrible reason to need to do it.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Levitate posted:

Even though it would hurt the Rangers?

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Levitate posted:

I just hope he throws a good check square through the center of the core. Guy is heavy enough on his skates to make an impact without playing super dirty, just hard.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Levitate posted:

I wish the all star game was just a collection of all the poo poo heads across the league, a big excuse for them to destroy each other. A destruction derby for dumbasses.

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
https://x.com/heatdaddy69420/status/1728974776637731103?s=20

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Lmao Trouba rules. 8mil a year and the dude doesn't pay rent anywhere.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Matt Zerella posted:

Lmao Trouba rules. 8mil a year and the dude doesn't pay rent anywhere.

And he gets to live in so many different east coast cities!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'm glad NYR loves him so much because he is very bad, especially this season.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
speaking of everyone loving Trouba, to fill in while Kakko's out, the Rangers brought up Johnny Brodzinski, but they also brought up Adam Edstrom:

When I was looking for clips of these hits in the AHL, I didn't find any, but I did find a nice one that everyone would be normal about in which he both knees and follows through with his elbow:

https://x.com/4EverBlueshirts/status/1389378806167769095?s=20

Let's go Rangas baby

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/everydaysens/status/1729960974709645621?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Using the 5-0 rear end beating on home ice as proof that this group cares, lol

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
Also: Adam Fox is back tonight! a defense of:

Lindgren-Fox
Miller-Trouba
Gustafsson-Schneider
Jones

is so nice. I feel bad for Zac Jones since he's been playing pretty well. They should honestly figure out maybe a way to get him some games in and rest Lindgren/Schneider, Lindy especially.

Chytil has been retroactively placed on LTIR, but it's been 10 games, so he can come back when he's ready. He's been skating again, so hopefully he's not too hosed up by the concussion.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
https://twitter.com/grantmccagg/status/1729877692059951157

good lord

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
^ goodness that hit. It looks like Jack or Luke Hughes out there.

The Dirty Burger posted:

https://twitter.com/everydaysens/status/1729960974709645621?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Yep, but don’t worry he’ll still be there in April. He must have a winning record.

Jhet fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Nov 29, 2023

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

The Dirty Burger posted:

Just think how badly they would have lost if they didn’t care!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

That's the most brick wall rear end hit I've ever seen. Scotka doesn't even move when he connects.