Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
I caught him complaining that there are too many regulations for putting cars on the road. So many that they would fill a room if they were put into phonebooks. Tesla complies with all regulations except for the ones he doesn't like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away
Dig up, idiot!

No wait you’re fine, carry on.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
I completely agree with Musk on "go gently caress yourselves, advertisers", but for reasons that have more to do with Google, lol

John Mirra
Dec 18, 2005

morningdrew posted:

you may not like it but this is the ideal alpha male

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

lmao this one is brutal

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

DeadButDelicious posted:

jfc he sounds like a JRPG villain here. Is he going to take mother to the promised land next?

Gonna have to start looking for plucky teens that can manifest the power of their subconscious to attack and dethrone God. Preferably with some sort of mascot animal.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Any specific reason he picked out the CEO of Disney, or is that part of the growing right wing hate of Disney?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Hardcastlemccormik posted:

Does he explain what he means by blackmail in the full clip? Like are people making specific demands?

I can’t watch it, it’s too cringe.
yeah the blackmail demand was "stop loving retweeting antisemitic hate speech" from advertisers who didn't want to spend money to be associated with that poo poo so publicly.

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

“Where are you right now, Elon?”

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

...! posted:

Yeah, I read that Hollywood Reporter article earlier this morning. My favorite part:

i can fix her

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

redshirt posted:

Any specific reason he picked out the CEO of Disney, or is that part of the growing right wing hate of Disney?

he was there and in an earlier interview said disney stopped advertising because of elons own comments

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

redshirt posted:

Disney being a huge customer would be an understatement.

Alone what they spend is going to be tremendous.

Now imagine companies hearing Disney is pulling out of something, that's going to cause a domino effect.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

DeadButDelicious posted:

jfc he sounds like a JRPG villain here. Is he going to take mother to the promised land next?

Much like Kyle, Musk is incapable of taking any woman to the promised land

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

redshirt posted:

They pulled their ads and also I guess Disney's accounts are no longer actively posting on the site

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

spaceblancmange posted:

lmao at bob page here

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

redshirt posted:

they were a very large advertiser that pulled out.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

redshirt posted:

The later but I wouldn’t be shocked if Disney abandoning ship caused many corps to leave and Disney probably paid a lot.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

these are fairly soft questions and he's still loving them up so badly

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Ghostlight posted:

yeah the blackmail demand was "stop loving retweeting antisemitic hate speech" from advertisers who didn't want to spend money to be associated with that poo poo so publicly.
and his response to that demand has been to platform loving Pizzagate tweets

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
remind me, what happened to the last far right dipshit who told disney to go gently caress itself

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

redshirt posted:

Wants to appear tough but too scared of Tim Apple

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
lol he went full coke head mode today

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

How to lose face and advertiser people?

I wonder what he'll do if twitter does bankrupt or collapse or otherwise end up completely dead. Is he going to spew bile on the other sites until they, hopefully, ban him? It's not like he can stop posting. Is he going to attempt to pull a trump and try and make his own social media platform?

Can't wait to see how this will affect tesla stock. But given how the world works it'll probably go up.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
I would imagine Media Matters is licking their lips when it comes to their upcoming case.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

thathonkey posted:

lol he went full coke head mode today

"ludicrous mode"

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

redshirt posted:

oh also bob iger was literally right there in the audience.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Foo Diddley posted:

remind me, what happened to the last far right dipshit who told disney to go gently caress itself

he ran for president

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Convex posted:

"ludicrous mode"

he went to plaid

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

"free speech free speech free speech free speech"

"ok, did you throttle the NYT?"

"they didn't buy a subscription"

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
I like how Elon thinks he’s standing behind his virtues and expects everyone to clap and support him. His slow repetition of the phrase to a stunned audience who awkwardly laughs. The host is like…really? We’re going here?

Off the cliff for a whole interview? Weeee

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Azhais posted:

he ran for president
running for president

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Honestly I'm not quite sure why leadership at all these businesses Elon is invested in don't come together to boot him.

He's clearly unwell and spiraling downward. He's just going to make them lose more and more money.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

The later but I wouldn’t be shocked if Disney abandoning ship caused many corps to leave and Disney probably paid a lot.

Disney is one of the “safe” companies that clear the way for other companies to approve advertising- if Disney is there it must be ok. Apple too.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Yeah, it's super uncomfortable how much he's trying to work his lovely jokes on the crowd

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
We need a “Tell it to Earth” gang tag

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
The awkward silence as he tells the revenue he desperately needs to gently caress off :allears:

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

kazil posted:

Yeah, it's super uncomfortable how much he's trying to work his lovely jokes on the crowd

I'd like to say that he's lost the ability to discern the proper time and place for jokes but on further thought I don't think he ever had that ability in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

kazil posted:

He even does that thing that little kids do when they say something that unintentionally gets laughs - he looks stunned for a second, and then repeats the same thing with a little more theatrics hoping to illicit the same or better response.