Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Sleng Teng posted:

This is an odd question out of nowhere but how many of you read manga on a tablet and if so what do you use + do you like it.

I use an ipad pro and yeah, it works really well. It's also my bedtime browser when using the forums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

haypliss posted:

I'm disgusting and read on a phone.

:same:

Or on laptop.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I just saw the trailer for FX's Shogun series.

Are we sure that Hiroyuki Sanada isn't actually a time traveling samurai who ended up on modern day and became an actor?

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Thanks folks!

and yeah I'm usually a computer reader but using a keyboard+mouse, or tapping a phone due to the size, is about to become very unpleasant (already is quite a bit) for a while soon so/ but I'm looking for alternatives.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
The Sengoku period of Japanese history is the point in time when there were 1000 Gokus.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Red Minjo posted:

The Sengoku period of Japanese history is the point in time when there were 1000 Gokus.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Red Minjo posted:

wee-bey face

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Red Minjo posted:

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Red Minjo posted:

However, there has only ever been one Vegeta.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Red Minjo posted:

Thanks dad

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Red Minjo posted:

Cooler's Revenge sucked.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Red Minjo posted:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Gotta be one of my favorite genders

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Is their other leg the car?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Sleng Teng posted:

Sorry I meant to add what kind of tablet as well. A bit late after all of the sales I know but life comes at you fast

A surface pro 5

I don't have an android or apple tablet lol

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Tired of these persona remakes.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Meowywitch posted:

Is their other leg the car?
hahaha

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Went and got some fish & chips for dinner after work. A++ but holy christ did the cost ever jump. Definitely a 1-2 times a year meal now.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Furnaceface posted:

Went and got some fish & chips for dinner after work. A++ but holy christ did the cost ever jump. Definitely a 1-2 times a year meal now.

Yeah, i honestly can't see a reason to eat out in Canada when I can make fast food for a third of the price, nevermind an actual effort meal.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Speaking of Lain the other day it looks like Boa rereleased their first single Duvet to mark the 25th anniversary of the song and by extension the show.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0NME1GfbIc

This is peak autumn listening, IMO, and the new video is hitting those Lain visuals more than a little.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Let's All Love Lain

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Watching a certified Hideaki Anno cinematic hood classic

Cutie Honey time

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

more one night more one night

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

there’s this chain popular on instagram currently, “six mangas to know me”. here’s my friend’s:

without stewing on it for hours, my list would probably be (no order):

- oyasumi punpun
- chainsaw man
- golden kamuy
- dungeon meshi
- blue period
- one piece

of which 4/6 began and 2/6 finished serialization within the last decade. am I recency biased? or are modern mangaka cooking harder because they’ve got decades of seminal work to learn from?

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
from what's available legally and illegally in english, we're really only scratching the surface of 20th century manga, who knows what kinds of masterpieces are left out of sight because of subject matter, language barriers, etc. and often with those older manga series, you'll get one-thousandth the engagement than your average mangaplus series, if that.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Got confirmation from the doctor. I have gout. Also with the level that it can flare up in me he recommended that I go on long term meds for it. poo poo suuuuuucks.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

went out for a short walk after taking out the trash, its pretty cold so i started jogging to warm myself
at a curve the snow hid where the curb was
ankle hurts

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

The Black Stones posted:

Got confirmation from the doctor. I have gout. Also with the level that it can flare up in me he recommended that I go on long term meds for it. poo poo suuuuuucks.

Condolences, hope the meds work out at least.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

The Black Stones posted:

Goondolenxes

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
while driving to the hospital I got to drive off the road onto the sidewalk(driving up one of those 90 degree angle curbs) to avoid being smashed into by a fire truck barreling down the wrong side of the road with lights and sirens blaring

I get having to get there asap but JESUS CHRIST

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah fire trucks usually have to obey traffic laws even if they can bend a few when going lights and sirens. I've never seen one go the wrong way down a street though. Seen ambulances pull that trick but not fire trucks.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So help me I'm writing fanfic again. It's only been 10+ years.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Kwyndig posted:

Yeah fire trucks usually have to obey traffic laws even if they can bend a few when going lights and sirens. I've never seen one go the wrong way down a street though. Seen ambulances pull that trick but not fire trucks.
well, more specifically, people on the other side of the road were pulling over(poorly), so it started driving down the middle of the road and swerving around people in front of it into my lane going the opposite direction, likely because they saw everyone in my lane pulling over as much as possible while people in their lane were doing a real bad job of it. they weren't completely in my lane but it was a good 50/50 straddling the middle line and with a fire truck that might as well be 80% of the lane, with occasional swerves further in to avoid randos in their lane who just stopped in their tracks instead of getting the gently caress over

must've been a real bad fire if they were going that hard

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Always pull right for sirens and lights, regardless of what lane you're in because they're in a much bigger hurry than you.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
wow no poo poo

this was a 1 lane going each direction road, to be clear. not a lot of room to maneuver to begin with and I always pull over for emergency vehicles, but I've never seen a fire truck go so hard into the oncoming traffic lane before

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I slipped down the stairs yesterday but it was only 7 of em so my long rear end legs saved me

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Usually when ambulances go the wrong way it's like you described except traffic was already stopped and there's no way to get over, busy intersections and such. Never seen one have to dodge and weave though, it's either all in the left hand lane or not.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

The Black Stones posted:

Goondolences. I've had it for almost two decades now. There are lots of us.

Megamissen posted:

went out for a short walk after taking out the trash, its pretty cold so i started jogging to warm myself
at a curve the snow hid where the curb was
ankle hurts

Goondolences. Put ice/a bad of frozen vegetables on it. It will increase blood flow and let it heal faster.

verbal enema posted:

I slipped down the stairs yesterday but it was only 7 of em so my long rear end legs saved me

HAHAHAHAHA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Henry kiss assenber lmao