Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Hexel posted:

So this is the royal family of andor then

Josha Stradowski fits right in to this family tree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Goddam poor gawyn

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Gawayn sucks, canonically

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I never thought of Galad as being the chiseled jaw manly man type of beauty. If anyone was gonna look like the anime prince trope I thought it'd be him.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Elayne doesn’t look just like her actress’ other photos, though. It’s obviously her, but between the makeup, costuming, and lighting decisions she has a slightly different appearance. I could easily see a similar thing happening to Galad, taking him from “rugged square jawed enjoyer” in his headshots to “Duke of Hastings from Bridgerton” on-screen.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Shageletic posted:

Gawayn sucks, canonically

All the Trakands are just terrible. Constantly loving poo poo up, getting other people killed, refusing to learn from it and then getting their own asses kicked, constantly. At the very least, they DO take their own rear end-whippings, they just take bystanders with them in the process.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

CainFortea posted:

I never thought of Galad as being the chiseled jaw manly man type of beauty. If anyone was gonna look like the anime prince trope I thought it'd be him.

Isn't his whole thing, Uno and the gang made fun of him being a pretty boy then shut the gently caress up after he wiped out a bunch of Prophet followers

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I kinda pictured him as an anime prince too.

I hope the writers take liberties with the Nynaeve x Galad storyline :doit:

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Shageletic posted:

Isn't his whole thing, Uno and the gang made fun of him being a pretty boy then shut the gently caress up after he wiped out a bunch of Prophet followers

iirc when they met trying to get the boat Uno and Ragan knew he was a threat from the start and treated him as such. It's a nyneave pov chapter and she's like "Uno had the look of a man who was prepared to die doing something foolish"

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Basically everyone except the two rivers folk and his own sister treat Galad like a really well behaved dog that is nevertheless the size of a small horse, and they'd really prefer it if their objective wasn't in its dogbowl

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

CainFortea posted:

I don't know what women's standards for masculine beauty are, but several female characters mention how unfair it is that Galad is as pretty as he is. This led me to think of him as a beautiful rather than ruggedly handsome man, so my mental image is of someone like Timothée Chalamet

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Thinking about it a bit, and also showing my age because I am an old, young Orlando Bloom would be my definition of a pretty man, but my sense is that women found him attractive but weren't swooning over him. A 45 year old George Clooney definitely had the women all hot and bothered but I wouldn't call him pretty. I guess like a mid/late 20s Brad Pitt would split the difference -- very pretty, very handsome, swoon-worthy.

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.

CainFortea posted:

Yeah, same. He's supposed to be an obnoxiously beautiful man who is also hilariously deadly. Not the big strong jawed rugged guy.

He's still very good looking obv but just in a different way than I always pictured. If they give him longer hair and keep him clean shaven then maybe it could work?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Just cast Jaime lannister

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Just cast Jaime lannister

That dudes like 50 now

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Soul Glo posted:

That dudes like 50 now

Obvious Sammael candidate spotted 👀

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Soul Glo posted:

That dudes like 50 now

He's also a square jawed manly man.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

buffalo all day posted:

he'd make a pretty loving good Demandred too

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

:murder:
I always pictured him a lot more anime pretty like as well, but that actor is hot.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
I stumbled across this, about Red Eagle/iWot, the two random guys who own the adaptation rights for the series: https://wheeloftime.fandom.com/wiki/Iwot_productions#Television_series_development

I knew about the Red Eagle thing (Winter Dragon, and that Jordan was really pissed with them at some point). But somehow I did not twig or maybe I'd forgotten that they were the ones who made the Amazon series happen.

I do wonder what Jordan thought he was going to be able to do when he made that ragepost about them in 2008. Basically sounded like he thought he was going to get the rights back somehow. But it also sounds like he hadn't talked to a decent lawyer about it lol, because red eagle then sold the rights to Universal for a tidy sum.

Also, they tried to sue Harriet??

edit: holy crap his angry post about Red Eagle was about 1 month before he passed :( https://dragonmount.com/blogs/entry/379-a-very-quick-check-in/

El Grillo fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Nov 30, 2023

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

quote:

Legal discussions followed between Red Eagle and Harriet McDougal with the Bandersnatch Group.[15][12] Shortly after the release, Harriet McDougal made a statement on Facebook that the pilot "was made without [her] knowledge or cooperation", that she "never saw the script", and that "no one associated with Bandersnatch Group, the successor-in-interest to James O. Rigney, was aware of this" or "informed of this in any way". Red Eagle responded with a slander lawsuit, claiming McDougal was involved with discussions about the pilot and that this was a breach of contract over the nondisparagement clause of the agreement, stating that "McDougal's public comments have harmed Manetheren's ability to enter into new contractual relationships, such as with Sony

Huh.

Has she said anything about the new show? I feel like I haven't seen anything good or bad from her

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
She's a consulting producer so at the very least she's getting a check

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Resdfru posted:

Huh.

Has she said anything about the new show? I feel like I haven't seen anything good or bad from her

Yeah, she visited the two rivers set and recorded some promotional clips for the first season, generally positive.

My guess is that Sony and Amazon bought out Red Eagle in exchange for a producer credit. I suspect Harriet got blindsided by the winter dragon rights snatch.

I doubt these various other projects will cone to much. I think red eagle is just flogging the rights as much as they can. I certainly haven't seen red eagle saying anything or doing anything regarding the actual show.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
Harriet is 84 years old, not sure she's terribly engaged with the community these days.

Those two guys who are Red Eagle/iWot do seem like full on grifters though.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

They’re 100% grifters. At least once a year they announce they’re doing something new and cool with the IP and then never produce a single minute of content.

They just made a new announcement this week

https://x.com/deadline/status/1729878003482845603?s=46&t=FuVqINhLr5iT6f4jGf4sZg

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
What the hell is an immersive adaptation

quote:

The three companies have said they will “leverage their respective strengths” to create a series of immersive experiences that will “bring the wonders of The Wheel of Time to life by harnessing the power of cutting-edge immersive and AI-enabled technologies, including 360-degree visuals and sound, holographic projections, and spatial storytelling, to create a riveting entertainment experience.”

Lol ok

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Resdfru posted:

Lol ok

I think it’s like the Van Gogh exhibit where they have the big circular rooms with the paintings projected 360 degrees?

This sounds like complete BS though, just needs blockchain and NFT references for a true bingo.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Asha'man GO, available on your appstore Q1 2024

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Resdfru posted:

Lol ok

The wheel of time...powering the blockchain

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

Shageletic posted:

The wheel of time...powering the blockchain

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the First Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a wind rose in the depths of the TechBro server farm. The wind blew out of an exhaust port, passing around the room, sweeping along the shiny polished tops of keys, disturbing the detritus of late night snacks, and ultimately flowing over the disheveled hair of the nearby miners. The wind was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor endings to the blockchain. But it was a beginning.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

buffalo all day posted:

Burn Gorman is my head canon for Sammael

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Uh I just got to the chapter called "The Last Battle" in MoL and there's still like a couple hundred pages to the book. What am I in for here lol

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash

regulargonzalez posted:

Asha'man GO, available on your appstore Q1 2024

Just 9.99 for a hundred lives. More. So many you could not count them.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Shageletic posted:

Uh I just got to the chapter called "The Last Battle" in MoL and there's still like a couple hundred pages to the book. What am I in for here lol

:yeshaha:

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Shageletic posted:

You're honestly gonna want to set aside enough time (6-7 hours???) to just finish the book. Sure you can stop but you won't want to

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Hexel posted:

Burn Gorman is my head canon for Sammael

Its weird how the first time I encountered Burn Gorman was in Pacific Rim so I'm used to him being a dorky scientist but every other role he's a dead-eyed killer

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Its weird how the first time I encountered Burn Gorman was in Pacific Rim so I'm used to him being a dorky scientist but every other role he's a dead-eyed killer

I first encountered him in Torchwood, where he's basically both.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

pik_d posted:

You're honestly gonna want to set aside enough time (6-7 hours???) to just finish the book. Sure you can stop but you won't want to

I've been reading it on the train to work and man I can tell you it's been tough to stop everytime.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

:stare:

Looks like the One Power is steroids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

thrawn527 posted: