Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Cornwind Evil posted:

So when do we find out that Saturn and co also violated the deal in some way we don't yet know about because they are literally compelled like lungs needing air to be complete and utter assholes?

I'm guessing that they don't let Bonney go, but just make her a slave anyway. Or at least take her back to Marijoa, where she escapes and becomes a pirate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Cornwind Evil posted:

So when do we find out that Saturn and co also violated the deal in some way we don't yet know about because they are literally compelled like lungs needing air to be complete and utter assholes?
Idk they seemed to have honored it given that it was a ridiculously good/unfair deal for them. Saturn even was willing to let bonney go a while back. Ofc now he's going to explode her head.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

well this page has way more meaning

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Cornwind Evil posted:

tbh I don’t think they would, if only because they already get to laugh and laugh and laugh as a fully converted Kuma fires on his former comrades and also basically his brother in law. And then again as they take their top of the line super weapon and make him a pack mule for Celestial Dragons.

God I hope this has a good ending. Or at least bittersweet, I’ll take bittersweet. :(

Remalle
Feb 12, 2020

anime was right posted:

And now I can't help but anticipate how hard Kuma's own :zoro: moment will hit.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat
I think I might have an idea about why Kuma was going to Goa.

When Iva got back to Dragon after the Summit War he was told by Dragon about what happened to Kuma. I think Kuma is going to Goa to meet Dragon and telling him the terms of the deal.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
This is the perfect time to reveal it was actually Kuma that bit off Shank's arm. Finally, power levels will be saved.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

lol

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Baron La Croix posted:

Bartholomew Kuma is history's greatest Dad

Him using Bonney's drawing of him as his ship's flag jesus christ

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Amazing :allears:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

literally clapping

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

aaaaaah

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gyges posted:

Cowgirl Robin is great, but the Enies Lobby fit was her best.

It is sad that overall Robin lost her sense of style post-timeskip. And possibly melanin.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Meme Emulator posted:

Also, is Alpha a codename for Kalifa, or her mom or what? If its her mom it's sort of crazy that weve seen both of a minor villains parents in separate flashbacks 800 chapters apart.

I assume there's a connection and both their names are based on letters of the Hebrew alphabet

Jimbone Tallshanks fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Nov 30, 2023

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

anime was right posted:

man we're probably going to see both this & Saboady from Kuma's perspective and im gonna be wailing about it

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
Do you think there's any deeper meaning to X Drake appearing in Kizaru's retinue? I did a quick refresher check on his wiki page and he did mention knowing about the Pacifistas, so it might just be establishing how he knew about it.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

I assume there's a connection and both their names are based on letters of the Hebrew alphabet

which ones? alpha is, i suppose, the same as alef. but what is kalifa? kaf?

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
a-fa and k-fa and the third sister, bo-fa

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Kalifa and her brother, Wiz.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
I love you, Bartholomew Kuma, my big, beautiful, bear boy.

I think he is definitely going to meet Luffy, albeit unintentionally.

Dragon is pissing me off. For someone so prolific throughout the world, he never does anything himself and also doesn't help his subordinates. Four officers of the Revolutionary Army single-handedly invaded Mariejois but they couldn't even try to send anyone to retrieve one of their highest ranking (and by extension most informed) members for years, followed by not helping Kuma after the fact? Dragon stocks are in the dang toilet after this flashback.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Dragon vs Shanks at the fraud off ends in a draw because they both no-showed

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Does luffy ever talk about knocking out a bear with his punch?

Doctor Syrup
Apr 7, 2009

AtomikKrab posted:

Does luffy ever talk about knocking out a bear with his punch?

Grizzly Magnum :aaaaa:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

MorningMoon posted:

Dragon vs Shanks at the fraud off ends in a draw because they both no-showed

At least Shanks has done something onscreen, though. He has actually directly influenced the world on several occasions, so he's got a leg up, however small.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
It’s never stated but Luffy probably named all of his new timeskip attacks after animals that inspired them, probably after they beat his rear end first. So yeah he definitely fought a grizzly bear, and also a snake that maybe could do that move where you combine Finger Pistol and Paper Art.

Doctor Syrup
Apr 7, 2009

Kong Gun is actually an homage to Luffy's great-great-grandpa and commander in chief of the world government, Monkey D Kong.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

nice

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Crazyeyes posted:

I love you, Bartholomew Kuma, my big, beautiful, bear boy.

I think he is definitely going to meet Luffy, albeit unintentionally.

Dragon is pissing me off. For someone so prolific throughout the world, he never does anything himself and also doesn't help his subordinates. Four officers of the Revolutionary Army single-handedly invaded Mariejois but they couldn't even try to send anyone to retrieve one of their highest ranking (and by extension most informed) members for years, followed by not helping Kuma after the fact? Dragon stocks are in the dang toilet after this flashback.

dragon is singlehandedly responsible for luffy escaping loguetown and entering the grand line. but he’s an homage to castro, his death is so desired by the world government that even going to loguetown was probably an enormous risk. i dont blame him

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Crazyeyes posted:

Either Kuma has something planned with Dragon before he fully loses his will or Kuma asked Dragon to not interfere at the risk of endangering Bonney imo

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Dragon has no reason to believe Kuma didn't just betray them. And honestly, he kind of did? I love Kuma, we all love Kuma, but he isn't the type to prioritize the greater good. He saves the loved ones right in front of him. He left the Revolutionaries to take care of a single person who needed him. He could have helped more people with his power, but no feeling person is going to criticize him for prioritizing his daughter. Dragon certainly understood and was completely supportive. Dragon might even suspect that something like this is the consequence of pointing Kuma towards Vegapunk. Kuma can make his own decisions and Dragon has no reason not to accept that.

If Dragon could talk to Kuma at this point, Kuma would just say he's doing what he needs to do and doesn't want any help for himself, and that any help would put Bonney at risk. The Revolutionaries can't save Bonney, only the World Government can, so Kuma has sided with the World Government.

It wasn't until Ivankov met Kuma at Marineford that the true extent of Kuma's sacrifice was clear to anyone in the Revolutionaries. And, while it took two years to plan, they did rescue Kuma at that point.

It's a tragedy, but it's not because of Dragon's inaction or indifference, it's because of Kuma's selfless love.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

666 ways to kill dragon

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Last Celebration posted:

It’s never stated but Luffy probably named all of his new timeskip attacks after animals that inspired them, probably after they beat his rear end first. So yeah he definitely fought a grizzly bear, and also a snake that maybe could do that move where you combine Finger Pistol and Paper Art.

Waiting to find out that his mom was shot dead by guns and that’s why his attacks all have gun names.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Nikumatic posted:

a-fa and k-fa and the third sister, bo-fa

The Will of Deez

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Shinjobi posted:

The Will of Deez

No choice but to slow clap if Oda's spent nearly 30 decades baiting a Deez Nuts joke.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Waiting to find out that his mom was shot dead by guns and that’s why his attacks all have gun names.

Crocodile is just fine and hanging out with Buggy.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
The really specific timeframe given for Bonnie’s treatment makes me think she either wasn’t fully cured or there’s going to be some additional twist before this flashback is done.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Dawgstar posted:

It is sad that overall Robin lost her sense of style post-timeskip. And possibly melanin.

People always point to Robin cause it's more obvious, but the one that always nags me is how much they lightened up Zoro.

Eiba posted:

I mean, he was on Goth Island for two years. Probably never saw the sun in all that time.

I guesssss but he was cooler and cuter tan.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Nov 30, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Yardbomb posted:

People always point to Robin cause it's more obvious, but the one that always nags me is how much they lightened up Zoro.

I mean, he was on Goth Island for two years. Probably never saw the sun in all that time.