Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
what if Stevvie Griffin was Super Mario

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

indigi posted:

what if Stevvie Griffin was Super Mario

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNY-ottmCWo

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
what if stewie griffin was shigeru miyamoto

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Nichael posted:

if stewie griffi ncould vtoe i wonder what his politics would be

he's a proud member of the republican party.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

who's that

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

That's Stephen Gryphon

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

That's Stephen Gryphon

what are his political ideologies

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

He's English so like... Parliamentary I guess

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Nichael posted:

what are his political ideologies

I wish we had a thread to discuss this

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

what if stewie griffin was shigeru miyamoto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0obEjXwSKTQ

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
so i decided to try and give blue eyed samurai a try after all and theres something im really curious about what has the japanese reaction been to this show this is not the kind of query search engines are very good at picking up the nuances of although apparently hideo kojima likes it for whatever thats worth

looking over the japanese netflix data i dont see much indication that anyones watching it there right now but this show is apparently nearly a month old however nobody seemed to be watching it when it was new in any country not just japan which frankly just begs a lot of other questions like why everybodys algorithms only started trying to push people into watching it after it had already been out for awhile

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

What if Stewart griffin was Benjamin Dpalestinian

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I'm glad kids still like Source Filmmaker videos.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
What are current trending hipster magazines on style and art? 20 years ago I occasionally bought ID, I don't even know if that still exists. Nowadays I go for New York Magazine and Juxtapoz, but there's got to be more.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Whirling posted:

peak grant morrison is when they were working on the invisibles and concluded that an illness in real life was caused by making their self insert character sick, so they therefore decided that character should get laid constantly and have only good things happen to them

Did it work?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Regarde Aduck posted:

Did it work?

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Yes

Dude wrote a sex magick ritual that readers could do to prolong the comic as well

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

Did anyone else watch the Rachel Weisz Dead Ringers because I'm 2 episodes in and it fuckin rules so far. It has all the sibling tension and medical weirdness of the original, but it also has this total chaos energy that reminds me of Bringing Out the Dead.

Cookie Cutter has issued a correction as of 17:37 on Nov 30, 2023

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Fried Watermelon posted:

Yes

Dude wrote a sex magick ritual that readers could do to prolong the comic as well

and that also worked!

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/shockproofbeats/status/1730241925872070972

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Cookie Cutter posted:

Did anyone else watch the Rachel Weisz Dead Ringers because I'm 2 episodes in and it fuckin rules so far. It has all the sibling tension and medical weirdness of the original, but it also has this total chaos energy that reminds me of Bringing Out the Dead.

My partner and I enjoyed it (she's a big Cronenburg fan). It made me squirm a lot.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Cookie Cutter posted:

i was planning to watch it but it got some bad reviews and i put it off and forgot about it. going to have to try it tonight.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

i'm a Cronenberg devotee and i thought nu Dead Ringers looked fuckin terrible but i have heard some good things and i like Rachel Weisz so maybe i'll check it out

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Bringing Out the Dead is one of the best movies ever made

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJMuhwVlca4

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I'm in

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
:letsgo::letsgo::letsgo::letsgo::letsgo::letsgo::letsgo::letsgo:

that said i'm kinda bummed it's a prequel, dont like 'em most of the time

also kinda feel like charlize thereon could still play a young furiosa, don't really think anna-taylor joy is the right cast for that but who knows, we'll see. maybe she was booked up already

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

homegirl was such a bad casting choice

awkward_turtle
Oct 26, 2007
swimmer in a goon sea

Maybe its first pass effects but those cars look terrible. They did a ton of practicle effects and building for fury road, WBs gonna try and cheap out instead.

Like right now it's giving me Sucker Punch flashbacks.

awkward_turtle has issued a correction as of 03:13 on Dec 1, 2023

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

awkward_turtle posted:

WBs gonna try and cheap out instead.

ah gently caress it's still being made by WB-Discovery HBO MAX+, lmao well loving hell. ok i was wondering that something looked a little off. notably a lot of shots like the bullet casings looked like The Hobbit-level terrible

thought maybe they were intentionally going for a more cartoonish stylized look

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I still haven't seen Fury Road so my main reaction is "wow another origin story prequel"

It's all they know how to make these days

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

loquacius posted:

I still haven't seen Fury Road

wtf my man drop everything you're doing and go watch it. i consider it a top 10 movie of the 2010s decade

but yes being prequel was kinda a wet fart for me, but i do like george miller

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

loquacius posted:

I still haven't seen Fury Road so my main reaction is "wow another origin story prequel"

It's all they know how to make these days

Fix that immediately

Also I completely missed there's a new Lanthimos/McNamara joint called "Poor Things" coming out next week and it has Willem Dafoe and Emma Stone and looks amazing

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Grant Morrison and Alan Moore are literally rival wizards and that's come around to bring so stupid it's great

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

you ever wonder what if god was real but actually into having weird sex?? check out freaking Preacher dude

That's just Zeus

Ghost Leviathan has issued a correction as of 03:32 on Dec 1, 2023

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

looks shite

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Would have been hype 10 years ago but now whatever.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
so it would have been better if it came out before Fury Road?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
lol they had to title it A MAD MAX SAGA because it doesn't actually have max in it and viewers wouldn't know what it was

ok now that i've seen it twice after my initial hype, i'm getting way too many red flags, gunna call it now: it's going to suck