Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Ottawa is like the team version of the 4th line/7th D energy guy who sucks but always looks like they're playing with a lot of effort and investment

Brendan Smith in franchise form, if you will

Matt Zerella posted:

That's the most brick wall rear end hit I've ever seen. Scotka doesn't even move when he connects.

kids a likely top 10 pick too, brutal, wonder if he even makes it to the World Juniors

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Nov 29, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004
Turns out Corey just got too drunk at the office Christmas party (Seravelli so it’s probably legit)

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

abuse culture. posted:

Turns out Corey just got too drunk at the office Christmas party (Seravelli so it’s probably legit)

That's not enough to have him essentially exiled from the league overnight, especially with the old boys network loving him and his resume

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

abuse culture. posted:

Corey Perry got extremely drunk and started talking poo poo about how the Blackhawks got off easy for the stuff they covered up.

Until we know the whole story which will 100% be something awful and not actually what I suggested, I will choose to believe my make believe fantasy land story.

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004
He committed the worst crime of all: getting the sponsors Mad

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
I still want him to have gotten fired for talking poo poo about the sexual assault cover-up. He can do that in an alcohol-fueled incident. Good Guy Drunk Creepy Rory is possible.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
speaking of the Chicago Blackhawks holy gently caress are Celebrini and Eiserman tearing up their draft years, you could be looking at Eichel/Matthews/Hughes type guys there (maybe Celebrini more than Eiserman, but man even if you get like a better Caufield)

Levshunov, Demidov, Helenius and Dickinson look really promising too, seems like a strong top end again at the very least in this draft

putting all my hopes in Kiviharju though because I want to see him do that funny rear end fake toe drag he was dominating with when he was 13 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM4azWPDwEU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

sleep with the vicious posted:

That's not enough to have him essentially exiled from the league overnight, especially with the old boys network loving him and his resume

It's enough for the Blackhawks, a team that whether you like them or believe them or not is currently desperately trying to distance itself, and portray internal processes change from the poo poo they let slide for a decade.

Also there are alot of bad events that could happen at a work Christmas party, a number of those that would extremely be worthy of exile.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I very much want to believe it wasn't sexually assaulting someone or stopping only just a hairsbreadth short of it. But....

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Jesus. I am glad I will never get to experience this pain.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

Corey Perry got extremely drunk and started talking poo poo about how the Blackhawks got off easy for the stuff they covered up.

Until we know the whole story which will 100% be something awful and not actually what I suggested, I will choose to believe my make believe fantasy land story.

Unless he straight up punched someone at the event, doesn't he have an out of "yeah, I did it. I've got a drinking problem, pay me for rehab and you can't say poo poo about it".

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

:snoop: :snoop: :snoop: :snoop:

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

speaking of everyone loving Trouba, to fill in while Kakko's out, the Rangers brought up Johnny Brodzinski, but they also brought up Adam Edstrom:

When I was looking for clips of these hits in the AHL, I didn't find any, but I did find a nice one that everyone would be normal about in which he both knees and follows through with his elbow:

https://x.com/4EverBlueshirts/status/1389378806167769095?s=20

Let's go Rangas baby

Yeah it’s an interesting call up. Might just be since he is one of the older more developed waiver-exempt guys and he can handle sitting in the press box/moving up and down to Hartford for cap purposes (which seems to be the case tonight) but I hope they give him some games. Let the big boy play.

WeaponX fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Nov 29, 2023

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

The Blackhawks are probably particularly sensitive about the optics of having lovely people in their franchise for longer than they should

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

The Blackhawks are probably particularly sensitive about the optics of having lovely people in their franchise for longer than they should

He passed waivers so every other team passed on him, and word would certainly be out among those teams management

So either it is the mom thing or its something so horribly offensive but still legal (maybe whoeever guessed he walked on the logo is right)

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

He passed waivers so every other team passed on him, and word would certainly be out among those teams management

So either it is the mom thing or its something so horribly offensive but still legal (maybe whoeever guessed he walked on the logo is right)

Why would you claim him on unconditional waivers when you know he's getting the contract terminated and you could possibly sign him for less? If you wanted to of course.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Matt Zerella posted:

Why would you claim him on unconditional waivers when you know he's getting the contract terminated and you could possibly sign him for less? If you wanted to of course.

For Perry to sign someplace else he's going to have to say what the allegations are. He's done

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Perry is done! Anyway, let’s check in on Evander Kane….

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

WeaponX posted:

Perry is done! Anyway, let’s check in on Evander Kane….

No, no. We're supposed to be pro-gamblers now.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

For Perry to sign someplace else he's going to have to say what the allegations are. He's done

The league doubtless wants desperately to keep this quiet, so he'll be blackballed in any case.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIČRE IN ME

accurate
e: though to be fair I don't think he's ever elbowed anyone in the head

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

speaking of everyone loving Trouba, to fill in while Kakko's out, the Rangers brought up Johnny Brodzinski, but they also brought up Adam Edstrom:

When I was looking for clips of these hits in the AHL, I didn't find any, but I did find a nice one that everyone would be normal about in which he both knees and follows through with his elbow:

https://x.com/4EverBlueshirts/status/1389378806167769095?s=20

Let's go Rangas baby

I dont' think Edstrom is really a big hitter physical type but he really is a good skater. In preseason etc I remember watching him and thinking how in the world is that guy 6'6 and moves that well. Still more of a 4th line type (I think he has a bunch of EN goals in the AHL that are inflating his points totals) but could be a good solid 4th liner who does a lot of things and can play a physical, if not punishing, game.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He's 6'6 they're gonna make him do it.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

He's 6'6 they're gonna make him do it.

But what's a Canadian Swedish farm boy to do?

Huggybear
Jun 17, 2005

I got the jimjams

abuse culture. posted:

He committed the worst crime of all: getting the sponsors Mad

What are sponsors? Corporate affiliates and/or rink/broadcast advertisers, I assume?

Someone must have started recording his rant at some point.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Something, something, "Jacob Trouba".

Aphrodite posted:

No, no. We're supposed to be pro-gamblers now.

*Offer not valid if the player in the league sponsored by gambling gambles. :ironicat:

It's going to be a hell of a 30 for 30 someday on the effects of sports gambling on North American sports.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Levitate posted:

accurate
e: though to be fair I don't think he's ever elbowed anyone in the head

that's correct he uses a stick to hit them in the head

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

abuse culture. posted:

He hit someone. FCP

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Hopefully that's all it was but I am not sure that would drive Kyle Davidson to tears.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Hopefully that's all it was but I am not sure that would drive Kyle Davidson to tears.

Sure it would, he loves Creepy Rory like all Hockey People do

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Wow I can't believe Corey Perry just murdered Henry Kissinger like that.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Columbus should very well be on a five game win streak.

They also should have at least 26 points.

Instead, they have 18 points, and the difference is no one between Pascal Vincent, Steve McCarthy, Jared Boll, Mark Recchi, and Josef Boudemienneennne can figure out how to coach this team to not blow leads or ties with 5 minutes or less to go in the third. :ramsay:

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

The yearly lament of the mediocre teams

“We should be better if only we’d won more games”

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Kissinger is dead and the Rangers are back on top of the league. Balance is restored.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

is it just me or were the rangers out to abuse the red wings tonight

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Precambrian Video Games posted:

Wow I can't believe Corey Perry just murdered Henry Kissinger like that.

Don’t try to redeem Corey Perry

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Levitate posted:

is it just me or were the rangers out to abuse the red wings tonight

https://twitter.com/br_openice/status/1730054118381584731

They did it to themselves.

E:

https://twitter.com/mugnoma/status/1730065215293669565

:lol:

Matt Zerella fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Nov 30, 2023

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
Kings are currently the best offensive and defensive team. Just posting since I don't know how long it will last or if it will ever happen again.

Mr. Kite fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Nov 30, 2023

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Mr. Kite posted:

Kings are currently the best offensive and defensive team. Just posting since I don't know how long it will last or if it will ever happen again.

Is that why they’re losing?

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
That's a terrible post.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I’m annoyed with how the Caps coach is playing Ovi. Why is he back checking? Why is he not getting offensive zone starts? Ovi isn’t every other player. He shouldn’t be back checking. He has never been good at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

The Capitals keep bullshitting wins and I like that