Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron La Croix
Nov 2, 2010

rastah farah
sonnah maddah fah
Yukinobu Tatsu could do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Kwyndig posted:

They've already got Oda taking a week off so he can decompress and see his family, don't you put this evil on him.

Ok yeah to be less mean: with the titanic effort Oda puts in every week I could see him attempt a biweekly (good) chainsaw man

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Hiro Mashima has done it. Multiple weekly mangas at once, like an actual lunatic.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Baron La Croix posted:

Yukinobu Tatsu could do it.

I feel like his current output is probably already unhealthy.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Saw something pointed out that's interesting.

Denji is shocked the panel before he mentions the apartment. That's not a "Well, the dogs might get hungry..." look. That's an "Oh, crap!" look. And the way he and Nayuta talk is very much "We both know what we're talking about, and that we don't want other people to know what we're talking about", even capping off with the interesting dynamics of Nayuta chasing Fumiko off.

That is, Denji's dialogue suggests that Nayuta faking a murder attempt would be pretty much keeping on script, which Denji would have no issue with, but he had to criticize her actually trying for it. Makes me wonder what's at the apartment that they're so desperate to keep safe and keep secret. Might just be Denji and Nayuta being weird, but... yeah. Could be something.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
I hope it's that they really just love thier dogs. I feel like neither character would be good at hiding a secret like that. Everything else has more or less been out in the open except his identity as CM.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
It turns out they actually live together with Reze, and she has been married to Denji and a mother to Nayura for months now. :v:

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

chiasaur11 posted:

Denji is shocked the panel before he mentions the apartment. That's not a "Well, the dogs might get hungry..." look. That's an "Oh, crap!" look. And the way he and Nayuta talk is very much "We both know what we're talking about, and that we don't want other people to know what we're talking about", even capping off with the interesting dynamics of Nayuta chasing Fumiko off.

That is, Denji's dialogue suggests that Nayuta faking a murder attempt would be pretty much keeping on script, which Denji would have no issue with, but he had to criticize her actually trying for it. Makes me wonder what's at the apartment that they're so desperate to keep safe and keep secret. Might just be Denji and Nayuta being weird, but... yeah. Could be something.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Kortel posted:

I hope it's that they really just love thier dogs. I feel like neither character would be good at hiding a secret like that. Everything else has more or less been out in the open except his identity as CM.

"Oh poo poo" is pretty much how I react when I remember I forgot to feed my cats. Then I get the judgmental cat stares while I feed them.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Oh I bet Meowy gives the best judgemental stares.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021

Kwyndig posted:

Nobody on Earth would commit to a twice weekly manga without a prescription for Provigil and weekly steroid injections in their hands. Even they would probably skip dates. Maybe do a few 4 koma, that might work, but a shonen no way, especially not an action one, that's just asking to die.

Mashima kinda does, but he does only the storyboards for one of them.He also has a monthly manga, because why not.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

chiasaur11 posted:

You doing calisthenics? Because this is a huge stretch.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

You doing calisthenics? Because this is a huge stretch.

I mean, Denji goes "She'll kill you for real!", but then he goes "You really tried to kill her just now, didn't you?"

That's kind of odd, going from a loud declaration of something to a calm question on the topic. And the expressions match that. Denji's calm as soon as Fumiko's gone (and his expression before she runs is possibly a "is she buying this?" look as much as an "oh no, murder" look), but when Nayuta says she's totally fine with murder, he gives her a "What's wrong with you?" look.

As for the apartment stuff, it's just as much from the weirdness of Asa's visit. That is, no-one else around and a rule that, if you open any other doors, you die. If it's just a normal apartment complex, that's weird as a rule, especially since the one rule Asa broke was shown to be very much a real thing. If, on the other hand, Denji and Nayuta have something at the apartments that's unusual, then there'd be very good reason to make sure no-one else can get at it.

Again, I admitted it could be nothing. But there's something that feels worth a second look here. Of course, on Tuesday we'll find out who is right... and who is dead.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

To be fair "Open a door, someone dies" is less a rule in Chainsaw Man and more like a promise. Opening a door is the best way to kill off a major character.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Next time Denji will have to open a door under vaguely threatening circumstances, he will just burst through a wall next to them.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chainsaw-man-chapter-150/chapter/40972?action=read

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1019169

I am going to murder the Flamethrower Devil

Scholtz fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Dec 5, 2023

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Oh gently caress :smith:

copy
Jul 26, 2007

christ gently caress

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

ah. hm.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Hahahaha, of course. This series is miserable, I forgot! My bad.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Denji

Kill Them All

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

WELP

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Until it is 100% confirmed, I am choosing to believe someone moved them to a safe place before this happened.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Annointed posted:

Denji

Kill Them All

At this point I'm more worried about Nayuta. The dogs are not only one of the things that the Conquest Devil has consistently shown some care but they were family. If they are really dead (cause maaayyybeeee Public Safety evacuated them in advance?) not even Denji is gonna be able to stop Nayuta from just chaining everyone involved.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Aww hell. :smith:

This is pretty much what got the Doomguy started isn't it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Probably the biggest unforced error I've ever seen.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Y'know, I'm more surprised at how how long they lived

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
This is going to get real ugly real fast. I hope Flamethrower man gets thrown into the sun.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
oh

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
in a mohiro kitoh story this is the kind of thing that would cause the apocalypse next chapter and the end of the manga two chapters after that

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
So at this point, Nayuta is like the only things still left that Denji cares about huh? :ohdear:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Up in the air if this is a fake out or not but kinda not sure how the comic isn't just a series of gently caress you moments cascading down from here on out if it isn't.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Eggplant Squire posted:

Up in the air if this is a fake out or not but kinda not sure how the comic isn't just a series of gently caress you moments cascading down from here on out if it isn't.
Part one basically turned into that towards the end, it'd be surprising to see Fujimoto start pulling his punches and do a fakeout now after he's shown to happily indulge in misery before. Plus it creates a really mean parallel with Asa's backstory about her cat, and a miracle rescue seems like the one thing Barem would absolutely ensure doesn't happen, unfortunately

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I choose to believe it will split the misery and that the dogs will die but Meowy will have been out when the fire started.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Ruflux posted:

Part one basically turned into that towards the end, it'd be surprising to see Fujimoto start pulling his punches and do a fakeout now after he's shown to happily indulge in misery before. Plus it creates a really mean parallel with Asa's backstory about her cat, and a miracle rescue seems like the one thing Barem would absolutely ensure doesn't happen, unfortunately

Honestly after part 1 and most of part 2 the more depressing outcome is the one I'm expecting so having something turn out to not be the worse option for Denji (or just random people frankly) would be more shocking.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Devilman moment

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
:smith:

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
I guess we're about to learn how chainsaws can erase concepts