Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

You purple bastards managed to pull it off holy poo poo

I hope it’s like Dillo days on the northwestern campus right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i thought it was over when it went to overtime and they'd just foul out the last big guy because it is literally illegal to defend zach edey, but this 6'9" dumbass from liberty with a black eye held his own

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
the natural enemy of boilermakers is, of course, wildcats

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

boo buie

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao if your team doesn't have a 34 year-old point guard

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

R.D. Mangles posted:

BUILD THE BOO BUIE STATUE

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Bulls should draft Buie and rebuild around the first duo to sound like a catcall (“Ayo/Boo!”)

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

purdue getting owned by the most Indiana Man to ever live

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I dunno, still giving that award to Mitch McGary.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I'm hearing a name on the wind

the name Boo Buie

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Marquette is going to have to pick it up in the second half, Wisconsin has them rattled in the first half here.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Absolutely throttling Syracuse right now. Good response to the Wisconsin game over the last 10 days

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/kicknyrgios/status/1730811620719276366?t=dkO0M3f7xRoy1UARut7t-Q&s=19

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

loving Marquette, this is the team I expected to show up against Kansas and Purdue. Just making GBS threads the bed when everyone is watching.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Ungratek posted:

Absolutely throttling Syracuse right now. Good response to the Wisconsin game over the last 10 days

Wisconsin loss will remain ugly but not looking like quite the ratings killer it might have been

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
We'll find out really quickly in the next week if Wisconsin is actually A Legit Threat, they're at Michigan State and Arizona over the next week.

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021
I thought Florida St had UNC's number today, but it looks like they've never seen UNC play press defense.

To be fair, I don't think I have either.

Oh and duke lost lol

OPAONI fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Dec 2, 2023

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Real nice game for the Illini, hope they can keep this going the rest of the week

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
What the hell was that, Kentucky?

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
holy poo poo UNCW

Bucknell beating Penn State is wild too, two 95% losses in one day

looks like NC State is actually gonna shade one in Chestnut Hill as well, perfect day apart from UNC ultimately sorting their poo poo out

elentar fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Dec 3, 2023

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
https://twitter.com/KyleTucker_ATH/status/1731092418110353672?t=LEPQNQdnrdWfYxwlBTBFJg&s=19

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

On the one hand, don't feel like Kansas is very real, haven't played a complete game for a lot of the year, lot of weaknesses, on the other hand, (looking at rest of league), maybe there are No Good Teams.

Still think the Jayhawks are probably a Sweet 16 exit this year, and that's if they're lucky.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

good stuff

https://twitter.com/ncaabuzzerbters/status/1731103934587232297?s=46&t=2RtKUZF-7mtwaGnhOLp93A

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Feel bad for the Rio Grande guy because that's a really good pump and under to get that shot in, shame it got overshadowed.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

also quite good, what a fun, brutal sport this can be sometimes

https://twitter.com/marchmadnessmbb/status/1731106657784967171?s=46&t=2RtKUZF-7mtwaGnhOLp93A

one of those nights

https://twitter.com/TCUBasketball/status/1731113168745693260?s=20

elentar fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Dec 3, 2023

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

why is georgetown w earing those colors?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

https://x.com/McAllisterMike1/status/1731137441933697381?s=20

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
that loving rules

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Villanova has now lost to 3 different philly teams. lol

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Probably Magic posted:

On the one hand, don't feel like Kansas is very real, haven't played a complete game for a lot of the year, lot of weaknesses, on the other hand, (looking at rest of league), maybe there are No Good Teams.

Still think the Jayhawks are probably a Sweet 16 exit this year, and that's if they're lucky.

cmon man

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

kiimo posted:

cmon man

Well, hear me out, they're not very good at defending the three and that's where second round teams usually go off, that and I don't think this team is better than last year's team, and they were out before the Sweet 16. A lot depends on how open Dajuan Harris is left open, when he's scoring, we don't lose. But this team isn't consistent enough offensively, and can get burned from beyond the arc. Or they could go far, but my hopes aren't up.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I feel like people said things like that all season long when Christian Braun and Ochai won it all.

If you have a 7'2 guy who can put up 20 and 20, a guy who has back to back triple doubles and possibly the best point guard in the country along with possibly the best coach you shouldn't be predicting them to have a limit of how far they'll go. Especially when everyone else has a bunch of issues this early too

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Remy Martin coming alive off the bench really changed that team's trajectory, yeah. As for this year, it is true, I'm not sure who looks "great," it's just I would lump the Jayhawks in with a rest of the teams I'm uncertain about. It's not doom and gloom for me, it feels like it's all gravy after a couple years ago. Liking that we're getting recruits again now that all the sanction clouds have cleared up.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

missed that a few nights back Rocky Mountain College, an NAIA school with fewer than a thousand students, beat Montana State. the night before Albany State (GA) beat Florida A&M but that's a D2 with a 6K+ enrollment beating one of the perennially worst D1 teams so not quite the same level.

those are also the first D1 losses to non-D1 teams this year since two on opening day, when NAIA University of Mobile beat South Alabama, and D2 Clark Atlanta beat Mercer.

elentar fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Dec 3, 2023

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Clemson looking very good against a decent Pitt team today

also wondering why on earth Auburn was playing in Boone, NC, that's like setting up your own bear trap

VT struggling rather more with Louisville than you'd expect (for anyone other than VT, i guess)

elentar fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Dec 3, 2023

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

mizzou is so fuckin streaky. frequently have 8-0 runs follow up by 0-8 ones.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Mississippi State just dropped a home game to Southern, that one's gonna take some beating for worst loss of the year

it's not like Southern even shot lights out or anything (28% from 3, 63% from the line), the Bulldogs just coiled a huge poo poo on the court

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

elentar posted:

Mississippi State just dropped a home game to Southern, that one's gonna take some beating for worst loss of the year

it's not like Southern even shot lights out or anything (28% from 3, 63% from the line), the Bulldogs just coiled a huge poo poo on the court

mizzou lost to jackson st at home, is southern worse than JSU?

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Southern is worse and Mississippi State is better (at least going by adjusted efficiency margin, which is all i have), so Mizzou's loss was a 95%er while MSU's was 99%. it's also Southern's 2nd highly improbable win this year, they beat UNLV in the first week and those are the only two games they've won

might've missed one but so far the list is like this, you can tell even here that 95% is kind of the cutoff because beyond that you're dealing with actually decent opposition (JMU) or pretty bad favored teams (USF, St. Joe's). it's sorta exponential from there, you can go entire seasons without getting a 99%er

• Southern vs. Mississippi State, 99%
  • Nicholls State vs. LSU, 98%
  • Bryant vs. Florida Atlantic, 98%
  • Southern vs. UNLV, 96%
  • Presbyterian vs. Vandy, 95%
  • Monmouth vs. West Virginia, 95%
  • Bucknell vs. Penn State, 95%
  • UNC Wilmington vs. Kentucky, 95%
  • JMU vs. Michigan State, 94%
  • Central Michigan vs. South Florida, 94%
  • TAMU-Commerce vs. St. Joe's, 94%

(just for reference UMBC over Virginia was 97%; FDU over Purdue was still only 98%)

---

entirely separate thing i noticed tonight, at a time when i am clearly procrastinating other stuff:

there are 14 undefeated teams left. 6 of them are in the Big 12.

elentar fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Dec 4, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Get hosed Ivy League!