Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Specifically only the original series is available officially (near as I could find anyway)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Larryb posted:

Specifically only the original series is available officially (near as I could find anyway)

lol fair enough. To be less catty I default to checking because.moe and if it doesn’t show up there I give up on finding the official streaming site

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

there's not an official stream to watch Turn A Gundam either...

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

There is for about a month in the US

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJV1h9xQ7Hx-KWgqO7AKxmINiYGi6VM7e&si=U0FvTja616t0nASO

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also interestingly enough, the OG series is the only Dirty Pair animation that never got a dub (that I could find anyway)

Returning to the second half of my question, are the manga and/or original light novels worth a look for that matter?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

poo poo i didn't realize it was temporary.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

That and the G-Reco movies are gonna be up for about another week until their online fan thing ends, they also added the G-Witch dub and I'm pretty sure that's on a more permanent basis.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

For manga/comics I'd avoid the Adam Warren stuff as it's just not really good Dirty Pair

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 8 days!)

got my shipment from sentaifilmworks
not a bad set for about $90.
Never finished Karakuri Circus when it aired so i do want to get around to that eventually

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

GateOfD posted:

got my shipment from sentaifilmworks
not a bad set for about $90.
Never finished Karakuri Circus when it aired so i do want to get around to that eventually

I was surprised those who hunt elves got a blu-ray release, but I see it's not in HD.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

he was family too though, napoleon II had a habsburg mom

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
You do have to credit old man Ridley for weaponizing ignorance by equating historical nitpicking with being a pedantic nerd to deflect from some of the more genuinely bad parts of his movie. Anyone who speaks out on things the movie got wrong from history is immediately beset by the mob.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Larryb posted:

Also interestingly enough, the OG series is the only Dirty Pair animation that never got a dub (that I could find anyway)

There was a Kickstarter to dub Dirty Pair, so it's just a matter of that set actually releasing.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

finished 999

man that loving owned

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

counterpoint: google sucks dick now

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Stairmaster posted:

yeah, even if that clapback wasn't shamefully old, it legitimately doesn't make sense any more lol

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Caught up on Out and it really strikes me how gorey and brutal it is compared to other delinquent manga, as well as the stakes on it.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

gang war on crows or drop: some people get their rear end kicked, they become respectful of each other in the end

gang war on out: six dead so far and several more with crippling injuries

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Started my Christmas shopping this weekend. For Christmas at my aunt and uncle's house this year we're doing a gift exchange of about $40 per item. I don't want it to end up being an exchange of wines whiskys and liqueurs. Any ideas for general gift options that would satisfy a broad range of 60 year olds?

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Dec 2, 2023

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Stairmaster posted:

oh it's way worse, but the original question was "is the series available legally anywhere currently", and google is still able to return CR as the first result for the tv series so there's still lowest common denominator questions it can get before trying to direct you to buy dirty pair watches on alibaba or something

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Southern Cassowary posted:

finished 999

man that loving owned

hell yeah.i played it last year for the first time and loved it, guess i should probably get around to vlr at some point

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Big Leg posted:

hell yeah.i played it last year for the first time and loved it, guess i should probably get around to vlr at some point

I’m starting vlr tonight because i gotta know what’s happening with hitchhiker alice

Southern Cassowary fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Dec 3, 2023

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
vlr's answer for that is one of the only things i like about vlr

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
anyway jak ii's fan pc port entered open beta recently. so i've started replaying jak ii

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

999 is so good

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Oh hell yeah

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Plutonis posted:

gang war on crows or drop: some people get their rear end kicked, they become respectful of each other in the end

gang war on out: six dead so far and several more with crippling injuries

Bouncer gets pretty loving intense too

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I showered for the first time in 4 days and I feel great

probably gonna get in some intense anime action with my wife tonight to top it off!

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

why are you missing showers for 4 days meowy

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Gotta get a good vintage going

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Meowywitch posted:

:chloe:

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Meowywitch posted:

probably gonna get in some intense anime action with my wife tonight to top it off!

What are you going through?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Meowywitch posted:

meowywitch more like filthbeast

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Meowywitch posted:

the anime convention experience. i salute you

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yeah Godzilla -1 is really good.i love me some mean Godzilla

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Found out I’m getting a bunch of money. Finish paying off my bills, put bunch into savings for house, and then I’m going to look at putting a down payment on a new car.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

The Colonel posted:

anyway jak ii's fan pc port entered open beta recently. so i've started replaying jak ii

I kinda wish they would've stuck with themore light-hearted nature of the first game tbh

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Willo567 posted:

I kinda wish they would've stuck with themore light-hearted nature of the first game tbh

The third game strikes a nice balance between the two IMO. It has some iffy bits but I really like the way it refines Jak 2's gameplay and the Wasteland dune buggies are fun.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
jak ii is not as dark or gritty as you remember or, as it wants you to think. they play up how dark and violent jak is but the game opens with him restoring clean water to the slums and halfway through he literally frees slaves out of the kindness of his heart, and 80% of the writing is just daxter making sex jokes and people having arcs in their relationship with jak that are just them going from "i dont like you jak..." to "you are a good person jak. i am sorry for judging you. i love you."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
also frankly i get why they didn't stick with jak 1 because. have you played jak 1 in the past ten years. there is nothing going on with that game. it's the video game equivalent of lukewarm soup. it goes down pretty easily but it's totally flavorless, not only is the setting and writing kind of bland and interchangeable outside of the funny weird precursor statue voice but, there is absolutely nothing interesting going on with its level design or basic platforming mechanics, it's a game where everything you do has exactly one way of doing it and that way is kinda sorta fun for one playthrough but on repeat visits the game has absolutely nothing new to offer. jak ii is janky as poo poo but it at least has some actual meat to it