Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Julias posted:

I will say "hard mode" stuff doesn't actually matter, it just makes the game not give you character hints to the puzzles, and in return you get extra golden files after clearing the puzzle rooms.

A lot of the "hints" are in the form of funny banter too, so you're actually kind of missing out on hard mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Namtab posted:

none of the jak games are particularly good

You don't know jack

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Meowywitch posted:

Tales of Berseria loving rules

Velvet might be my favourite protagonist out of any RPG Ive ever played.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

[Said with dangerously low irony levels] I am watching the new 4 hour hbomberguy video. WHILST playing World Of Warcraft: Classic - Age Of Discovery.

The one-two punch of BFA and SL cured me of my WoW addiction. OW2 and D4 cured me of having any Blizzard games installed on my PC.

Feels nice to just... play games when I feel like it and not be constantly worried about missing a log in and falling behind. :unsmith:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Impressed when people are able to pick favorites. There's a lotta rpgs out there.

Velvet certainly one of the best tho.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

GateOfD posted:

Always felt the Rachet and Clank games have a very legit smart funny script

The PS2 ones, right? Yeah they’re pretty great, was genuinely surprised to find out they didn’t have dedicated writers until the PS3.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
Is there a reason why I can watch a longer-than-feature-length video essay on plagiarism or Disney's Fast Pass or NFT junk but sitting down to watch an anime feels impossible?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

People who didn't have a Nintendo were starving for a Mario, I guess

We have crash bandicoot at home

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Red Minjo posted:

Is there a reason why I can watch a longer-than-feature-length video essay on plagiarism or Disney's Fast Pass or NFT junk but sitting down to watch an anime feels impossible?

Your brain is broken, but it's okay most peoples brains are broken these days.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

my brain is pristine. calculated amount of wrinkles. equidistant depth

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I'm an absolute retard

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the ratchet & clank series is the ultimate example of how creating a lore bible for your ps2 action platformer doesn't really help its writing get better

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

Where did you learn how to do that?
Hey I was not sure where to post this. I just finished all of the Ghost in the shell manga by Masamune and it ruled. What are some other series that scratch the same itch. Cyber punk future, robots, AI, etc…

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

hm, didn't know there was so few volumes of Ghost in the Shell manga.
wonder how much got adapted into anime, or if it was just a loose adaptation.
Saw the old anime movie and it was great, and worth its reputation, but then the stuff after like the TV shows that didn't get much talk, other than it was okay i guess.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

The Colonel posted:

the ratchet & clank series is the ultimate example of how creating a lore bible for your ps2 action platformer doesn't really help its writing get better

it’s weird because I don’t think anyone ever asked for the third person shooter/mascot platformer to have more depth in its story or for it not to be done very well a lot of the time but here we are. At least the shooting’s still fun

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

what a sandwich sin.
the bread is way too weak to support the meat. what were they thinking.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Jfc that’s a lot of meat

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

the giant plate of fries was pretty big too, and was like $4. Like equal to what 3x large fries would be at McD

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

You can't have a sandwich that thick without at least toasting the bread jfc

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i wanted a cold bologna sandwich, but they made it hot, which made the bread even worse.
at least give a bread in the middle

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Med School posted:

Hey I was not sure where to post this. I just finished all of the Ghost in the shell manga by Masamune and it ruled. What are some other series that scratch the same itch. Cyber punk future, robots, AI, etc…

Pluto, Edgerunners, Psycho Pass.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

That’s an absolute poo poo sandwich, and whoever made it should be killed

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Med School posted:

read Battle Angel Alita

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Question for my fellow poutine loving anime posters:

Where do you look/go to buy manga that ships to Canada? Im enjoying Dark Gathering so much I kind of want to buy the manga, but Ive never bought any before. Also want to get Konosuba and Iruma at some point too if it isnt terribly expensive.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

GateOfD posted:

i wanted a cold bologna sandwich, but they made it hot, which made the bread even worse.
at least give a bread in the middle

it looks like this was supposed.to be on rye

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Where's da rye, guy?

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I'll show you what it's like when doves rye

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
High-grade-salami: When They Rye

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Furnaceface:

Honestly if it’s just manga your best bet is to just use Amazon or order through Chapters. After the exchange rate and possible import you’ll break even or even save a little bit.

As much as I hate to say it, the Crunchyroll store, — as lovely as it is — is still the best place to buy stuff. It has a big selection and while I might look at Amazon at times. For anime it’s the only way I get Discotek stuff. If you’re planning on getting anime I’d still use them but I would also check to see if Amazon Canada if what you’re looking for is common enough.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I try to avoid Indigo if I can help it but independent bookstores aren't always going to carry manga. Comic book shops are a more reliable bet. There's also a new super hobby store at the Rideau Centre which has a pretty extensive manga collection so it might be a new go-to option for me. I don't know if Imaginaire is a chain store or not but it's been impressing me so far.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

I've finished watching Oddtaxi as part 1 of my attempt to watch anime again and I thought it was actually really good! I remember it got praised a lot when it was airing but I didn't hear it mentioned much afterwards, so I was worried that it would have a disappointing ending or last act. While I do have some issues with the ending, it wasn't enough to hurt my overall enjoyment of the series.

That said, there is no way that the original plan was to resolve that cliffhanger with like 20 seconds of additional video and one still image at the end of a recap movie

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Yeah I live in a small-ish city so independent and hobby stores are not going to carry anything outside of the most popular stuff (basically One Piece, AoT and Demon Slayer).

I think the Chapters-Indigo closed here during covid, so I guess that just leaves online ordering.

Amazon has both manga and LN Konosuba, what's the difference?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Furnaceface posted:

The ratio of words to pictures, I assume

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Zinkraptor posted:

I've finished watching Oddtaxi as part 1 of my attempt to watch anime again and I thought it was actually really good! I remember it got praised a lot when it was airing but I didn't hear it mentioned much afterwards, so I was worried that it would have a disappointing ending or last act. While I do have some issues with the ending, it wasn't enough to hurt my overall enjoyment of the series.

That said, there is no way that the original plan was to resolve that cliffhanger with like 20 seconds of additional video and one still image at the end of a recap movie

No, the original plan was just to have it end there as a shocking twist/memorable ending and not have any followup media

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Buschmaki posted:

High-grade-salami: When They Rye

lol

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Rye bread ftw

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Furnaceface posted:

Question for my fellow poutine loving anime posters:

Where do you look/go to buy manga that ships to Canada? Im enjoying Dark Gathering so much I kind of want to buy the manga, but Ive never bought any before. Also want to get Konosuba and Iruma at some point too if it isnt terribly expensive.

I order a shitton of manga and unfortunately Indigo is just the best for both selection, online ordering, and price. They do a couple 15 to 30% sales a year and I use them to get my preorders in. You can also signup to their plum plus membership for 39$/year for 10% discount year-round, no-minimum free shipping, and greater discounts during sales. Plus their shipping quality tends to be pretty good (amazon sucks total rear end at shipping quality).

I have a lot of independent stores near me but it's hard to argue when it's almost always full price. Cost of living is already high enough.

There's a local place near me called C&L Multimedia that has a ton of stock of manga and anime and occasional 10% off sales around major holidays. Though, I can't vouch for how they ship stuff since I've only ever been in person.

I used to order a good bit from RightStuf because it would still come out to a decent discount after currency conversion, but that's obviously dead as piss now.

Indigo loving sucks otherwise for what it's worth

RuBisCO fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Dec 3, 2023

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Furnaceface posted:

I think the Chapters-Indigo closed here during covid, so I guess that just leaves online ordering.

You can still order online from Chapters.

The manga is an adaptation of the LN. The LN is the original creation. LN of course is mainly text.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Guys will look at this and say "hell yeah"

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Waffleman_ posted:

Guys will look at this and say "hell yeah"

hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy