Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
The end of the chapter just made me think one thing:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

The end of the chapter just made me think one thing:

Tetsuoooooooo

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Gotta give AFO some credit, the evil overlord turning into a Giger monster at the end is a classic.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

I hope Bakugo completely no-sells what's coming next to make up for the past year of AFO doing the same. I also hope Bakugo gets to punch a baby immediately afterwards.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

I hope Bakugo completely no-sells what's coming next to make up for the past year of AFO doing the same. I also hope Bakugo gets to punch a baby immediately afterwards.

I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for it

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Howitzer Baby Cannon.

We all need it.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
Cool that you can see Hawks' head in the mass but I can't really make out Stain's at all. Also spent way too long looking for Ragdoll's before I remembered he gave that one to Shigaraki.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I liked the part where AFO was like "I need to conserve my strength for the transfer... is what I thought BUT SCREW THAT." Like in Jujutsu Kaisen's "But that's how losers think!"

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
The whole "killing any woman that even made contact with him to eliminate his bloodline" thing reminded me of something similar in One Piece.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-hero-academia-chapter-408/chapter/41049?action=read
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1019301

Electric Phantasm posted:

Gonna be real Bakugo seeing AfO's Ultimate Move and going "that's stupid" is pretty good

The official translation is almost exactly the opposite! Japanese sentences not specifying the object/subject strikes again!

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Yeah, a pity. Bakugo dissing AfO's super move was great.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

oh jay posted:

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-hero-academia-chapter-408/chapter/41049?action=read

The official translation is almost exactly the opposite! Japanese sentences not specifying the object/subject strikes again!

He's clearly being sarcastic...right? :ohdear:

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Electric Phantasm posted:

He's clearly being sarcastic...right? :ohdear:

I hope so because I really want to see him deal with this himself

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

FireWorksWell posted:

I have faith in Bakugo's ability to bully a small child

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

oh jay posted:

Depressing.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

FireWorksWell posted:

No, it will be done through the power of friendship!

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Actual chapter discussion:

Weird that this is when AFO thinks Bakugo looks like Kudo, since the time traveling Bakugo theory was largely born of them both looking like stern assholes. His eyes are distinctly less Kudo-like in these chapters, since he's shown warmth in his eyes for the first time in the series not too long ago.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

oh jay posted:

I didn't check myself but apparently official english is the odd one out compared to all the other official translations

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

What is Caleb Cooking...

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

i have no clue on the translation but it would be very funny if bakugo got resurrected only to go fast for a bit, say AFO is too strong for him, then get his rear end kicked

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Now it's Bakugo's turn to have AFO no-sell all his stuff

Who hasn't gotten a turn yet

Where's the B-class

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Maybe we are finally going to hit the point where the culmination of everyone's super moves finally mattering but I feel like if that giant crab laser cannon didn't do anything whatever sweat explosions Bakugo has shouldn't matter either.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Eggplant Squire posted:

Maybe we are finally going to hit the point where the culmination of everyone's super moves finally mattering but I feel like if that giant crab laser cannon didn't do anything whatever sweat explosions Bakugo has shouldn't matter either.

Maybe he'll get swallowed and unleash his Quirk from the inside (I figure that AFO's currently at the point where he wouldn't bother stealing another Quirk)

They're different targets, at least. Man, that discrepancy between Tamaki's beam doing nothing on a suppressed Shiggy vs Nagant's bullets working on a freed Shiggy still bothers me.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

I thought it was extreme sarcasm, like, 'Oh no, what ever will I do?!' with a smirk as he sets up his counterattack.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Eggplant Squire posted:

I mean that is explicitly what is going on. Every bit of damage the dude has taken has contributed to him becoming a punchable baby and Bakugo's goal is to reach that point. It isn't a case of "oh, Bakugo is STRONGER", it is that everyone has been wearing the dude down and Bakugo is (theoretically) the dude to push him over the finish line.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
whatta weird payoff to the bakugou kudo connection. it's weird it was even foreshadowed to begin with.

i like that all might literally sent this motherfucker to the morgue. makes sense with how AFO was able to get his head tenderized and still walk away from that fight

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Are we gonna see Bakugo punch a baby next chapter? An evil baby, but still

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

DEKU: Alright, here's one. Kacchan punched a baby once.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

This is the story of how I became the greatest hero...

By default, because my main competition punched a baby.

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

That’s why there was a whole chapter explaining that this was an evil, selfish baby who ate his own dead mom’s flesh. So there’s no quandaries about what Bakugo is about to do.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

The Awesomesaurus posted:

That’s why there was a whole chapter explaining that this was an evil, selfish baby who ate his own dead mom’s flesh. So there’s no quandaries about what Bakugo is about to do.

This a baby that lies. A baby that cheats. And yeah. A baby that kills.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Funky Valentine posted:

DEKU: Alright, here's one. Kacchan punched a baby once.

"Demon Lord! It was a Demon Lord! :argh:"

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

No one is gonna judge Bakugo for punting this baby

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I will judge him. hoping for at least an 8 out of 10

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Kicks him so hard he goes through Shiggy king piccolo style

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Frankly I hope it’s just this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrHKJ4N74V8

Or Bakugo launches a finisher with the name American Fatman or something

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I want this baby yeeted one punch style to the moon

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I will be genuinely disappointed if Horikoshi chickens out and does not show a baby being obliterated.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Didn't Demon Slayer also end with the bad guy reverting to a giant cannibal baby before getting killed.

Is this a new Jump policy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I mean all jokes aside, I think the most likely thing is Bakugo hitting AFO hard enough he turns into a baby and then dissolves, rather than actually punching the baby, but we'll see.