Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
All in all though, a sufficiently fun night. The rookies put it out there, shenanigans were had, Kamiyu vs Viva Van was as sassy as I imagined it would be, POMPALER was a treat and I'm kind of sad I won't be able to check them out live, and the main was comfy chaos.

Snooze Cruise posted:

Endo getting the pin though... GOAT'd

That did rule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Her doing the lil hop to the top rope that got her injured before and Yuka immediately rushing in felt like a jump scare though lmao. I already was going to be nervous during that!!1

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I would love to see Pom with at least a short run with the old Mikey Whipwreck gimmick, stumbling into a singles belt and then being in perpetual panic mode while defending it and racking up fluky wins.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

delfin posted:

I would love to see Pom with at least a short run with the old Mikey Whipwreck gimmick, stumbling into a singles belt and then being in perpetual panic mode while defending it and racking up fluky wins.

Ironman Heavymetalweight would be perfect for this.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

good card tonight

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

yea ok posted:

good card tonight

Oh sweet, I missed who the tag challengers were. I'd guess Saya and Utami win so Maika is free for Dream Queendom, but we'll see.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

HamburgerTownUSA posted:

Ironman Heavymetalweight would be perfect for this.

A few fluky wins in a row, and Pom starts to gain a little confidence.

Then Max's music plays...

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Admittedly I haven't been paying very close attention for a while but I did a double-take after I read Yuna Mizumori's name on that graphic

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Johnny Landmine posted:

Admittedly I haven't been paying very close attention for a while but I did a double-take after I read Yuna Mizumori's name on that graphic

She's been a fun addition to the undercards. Especially with the roster as injury riddled as it has been this year.

Sort of wonder why they've never brought back the other outsiders that were in Club Venus now Mariah is gone and it is just Mina & Waka. Robbie Brookside's kid and Xena and the 3rd one. Especially with how it looked like sometimes they were only barely able to scrape together enough healthy workers for a show

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I'm fine with no more Xia Brookside personally. Xena and Jessie seemed to be getting better by the end of their tour, though granted they were working with Syuri

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

From Spotify Wrapped, my Top 5 artists of the year:

Eurovision
Eurovision
Up Up Girls
Eurovision
Eurovision

Seems accurate.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

forkboy84 posted:

She's been a fun addition to the undercards. Especially with the roster as injury riddled as it has been this year.

Oh yeah, she's a really fun wrestler and I knew she'd been working with them - she just looks almost completely unrecognizable from the last strong mental image I had of her.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Top Kawaii of the Cosmos fat-shamed her into losing 300 pounds in the feel good story of the summer.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
lol of course they made it a storyline. Stay classy

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Watching stardom right now and it appears God is speaking to Maika

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Johnny Landmine posted:

lol of course they made it a storyline. Stay classy

Allegedly she wanted to lose weight and asked that it be made a story for motivation but also of course she'd say that, hardly going go burn that bridge.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

The stardom show was very good imo

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Burn Down Canberra posted:

The stardom show was very good imo

yep. Hazuki/Suzu, Giulia/AZM, AphorditE/Divine Kingdom and God's Eye/Oedo Tai were all great.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Crapple! posted:

yep. Hazuki/Suzu, Giulia/AZM, AphorditE/Divine Kingdom and God's Eye/Oedo Tai were all great.

Good return after the last ppv where I thought a free YouTube show the night before had the match of the weekend (hanan v mei)

Hazuki v suzu my match of the night but I could understand people going other matches.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Good return after the last ppv where I thought a free YouTube show the night before had the match of the weekend (hanan v mei)

Hazuki v suzu my match of the night but I could understand people going other matches.

I thought Gold Rush was the worst Stardom show I'd ever seen so this was obviously a huge step up. Personally I thought the tag was better just because Hazuki/Suzu had too abrupt of a finish. It needed another minute or so to feel like it justified the rest of the match (which was amazing)

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

952 at the show

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Not the biggest fan of 12/29 being rematches for the white and red but it’s not the end of the world. At least it’s two matches that were already very good

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Sukeban has that Omega/Jebailey hook up
https://twitter.com/Sukeban_World/status/1731695720430711209

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Happy birthday Raku!

Psycho Ball! Psycho Ball! Psycho Ball! Psycho Ball! Psycho Ball! Psycho Ball! Psycho Ball! Psycho Ball! Psycho Ball! Psycho Ball! Psycho Ball! Psycho Ball!

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
Looks like The Globe Theatre hosed Prestige again so Combat Princess is getting moved to what I'm assuming was the original backup location from last time.

https://twitter.com/WrestlePrestige/status/1732233461631795564

https://twitter.com/WillQuintanaNW/status/1732243120828629080

HamburgerTownUSA fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Dec 6, 2023

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Coolest teacher.
https://twitter.com/utami0914/status/1732258821656182921

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Sukeban should be starting in minutes
https://twitch.tv/ceogaming

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

fez_machine posted:

Sukeban should be starting in minutes

Starts in an hour

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

yea ok posted:

Starts in an hour

huh, the twitch stream schedule is for this hour.

Anyway, here's a vogue article on the promotion
https://www.vogue.com/article/sukeban-collective-art-basel-womens-wrestling

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i will have to catch VOD, survivor comes first

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
you know it's a fashion crowd when there's attractive cool people there

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
lmao the clash between the wrestling crowd's expectations for start times and the fashion/art crowd's expectations

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I wonder what the delay is.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
I don't know any of these wrestlers but I'm ready for the rumble :dance:

Edit: also you can hear the producer "standby in position"

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004