Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

A Fancy Hat posted:

I've been trying to parse this thing for a while and thought I had it figured out, I figured he was using the columns to track wins for the person listed at the top of the column. But that's not right, because Moxley doesn't even have a column. And he's still putting the score at the end of the row, but Jay White doesn't even have a row to add up points. So each cell is a match, but there's no standard x or y axis on this. Like technically Jon Moxley is your one axis here.

Each non-gold cell is a matchup - white cells are matches that are yet to happen, pictures are the winner of the match. points are displayed for the wrestler name of that row. It's only slightly inelegant when you want to look at an individual wrestler's results because for mox you simply look across the top row, jay white you can look down the rightmost column but for ther ones between you have to look at the L shape of cells that match their row or column.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Aren't we now at a point where either Jay Lethal or Mark Briscoe is likely to end with 0, or at best 1 each?

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Admittedly, the Gold League is pretty predictable, and you could probably predict the order and results in that side of the bracket for the next two weeks.

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

https://twitter.com/__JBrock__/status/1732885322617307485?t=ffhRo3tKCGmwA6UGPkFlAQ&s=19

Real smart to stretch the angle out until August and also main event their biggest show with a TNT championship match.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Kaveman posted:

https://twitter.com/__JBrock__/status/1732885322617307485?t=ffhRo3tKCGmwA6UGPkFlAQ&s=19

Real smart to stretch the angle out until August and also main event their biggest show with a TNT championship match.

I would have had it on Worlds End August is way too far away but saving some solid high profile matches people want for pay per views is wrestling booking 101.

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

LionYeti posted:

I would have had it on Worlds End August is way too far away but saving some solid high profile matches people want for pay per views is wrestling booking 101.

I think giving Canada an Edge V Christian main event and also rolling it back at Worlds End is the plan.

The match worked for me personally I'm excited for the rematch.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

CommonShore posted:

Aren't we now at a point where either Jay Lethal or Mark Briscoe is likely to end with 0, or at best 1 each?

We where at that point when they announced who was in the tournament.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Kaveman posted:

I think giving Canada an Edge V Christian main event and also rolling it back at Worlds End is the plan.

yeah, that sounds like good business to me too. Tbh I never imagined that Cope was ever coming in to be a major draw for AEW, or that Cope/Christian is high profile in the grand scheme of things, so I'd say he's being used pretty well so far.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 37 minutes!
Some people are so fedbrained they can’t see the journey

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
no way, if it was a WWE feud they'd be on their 8th televised match by Wrestlemania and the feud only ends 7 weeks later on a random RAW

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Never change NecroEric

https://twitter.com/Necroeric/status/1733300767639884257

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The disrespect for Ho Ho Lun in that tweet.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://x.com/leslieleeiii/status/1733650425973272721?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

?????

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Punk wants to take over from HBK.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Yeah but why should Tony Khan have thought of that

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Seams posted:

Yeah but why should Tony Khan have thought of that

I guess he's saying that Tony should've given Punk ROH?

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
saying tony khans problem was that he needed to bend over backwards more for punk is one hell of a hot take lol

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

little munchkin posted:

saying tony khans problem was that he needed to bend over backwards more for punk is one hell of a hot take lol

It would be for a normal person, but it's pretty lukewarm at best for Leslie.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Tony Khan should have given punk NXT

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

The_Rob posted:

Tony Khan should have given punk NXT

yup. just goes to show that he doesn't understand how The Business works like you and i do

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Has punk actually trained anybody? At least AMdrag is known for making Jade a bit more bearable.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Pukk should have been given Rampage, I agree

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Manwithastick posted:

Has punk actually trained anybody? At least AMdrag is known for making Jade a bit more bearable.

He was a trainer in ROH for a bit and I believe his biggest 'star' he's trained is Shane Hagadorn.

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran

Germansimp posted:

He was a trainer in ROH for a bit and I believe his biggest 'star' he's trained is Shane Hagadorn.

I googled the name and one of the top links is from Reddit SquaredCircle posted 9 years ago "What happened to Shane Hagadorn?" with the top response starting with "No idea."

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I thought Hagadorn had a backstage job at AEW at least for a while. I could have sworn he popped up in some vlogs, unless I’m completely face swapping him with someone else.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

from his cagematch page: https://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=2855

did he write that himself lol

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Ganso Bomb posted:

I thought Hagadorn had a backstage job at AEW at least for a while. I could have sworn he popped up in some vlogs, unless I’m completely face swapping him with someone else.

Correct. And yes, Hagadorn, Bobby Dempsey & Mitch Franklin (Grizzly Redwood, & I dunno how much with him was Punk & how much was Aries) were probably the most prominent names to come through the ROH school while he was there, but I dunno how much that is a reflection of Punk & how much is a reflection upon the whole ROH school, which mostly seemed like a carnie way to con a few thousand dollars from marks. They only ever got a few minutes on the prelims or the post-intermission death spot, & because they were expected to do all sorts of dogsbody work for ROH (setup the ring & the seats in the venue etc) and ROH run so many weekends that it meant they weren't able to take many outside bookings because so few groups run midweek shows. And considering they were all thrown in green as grass they stood out like a sore thumb in an ROH that was the indy workrate promotion of the day. Like there was no effort on the part of ROH of even trying to make it look like they had any investment in these guys, so of course none of them ever amounted to anything.

There was Davey Andrews who was certainly the standout of the early ROH students but he basically fell off the face of the earth after 2005, after about 15 months. I know Hagadorn & others who were around them have tried to find him but nobody seems to have any idea what happened with him, why he quit wrestling & what he's doing now.

Hagadorn was one of the rare examples from that era of ROH students who had any character, even if it was pretty basic heel stooging.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Man, I loved Grizzly Redwood and Bobby Dempsey (and his silver weight loss jumpsuit)

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Ganso Bomb posted:

Man, I loved Grizzly Redwood and Bobby Dempsey (and his silver weight loss jumpsuit)

For some reason I always think Grizzly was trained in Chikara, but that's probably because that's where he did his most memorable stuff, mainly getting destroyed by Brodie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUZ0IUNYpQI&t=16s

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

forkboy84 posted:

Correct. And yes, Hagadorn, Bobby Dempsey & Mitch Franklin (Grizzly Redwood, & I dunno how much with him was Punk & how much was Aries) were probably the most prominent names to come through the ROH school while he was there, but I dunno how much that is a reflection of Punk & how much is a reflection upon the whole ROH school, which mostly seemed like a carnie way to con a few thousand dollars from marks. They only ever got a few minutes on the prelims or the post-intermission death spot, & because they were expected to do all sorts of dogsbody work for ROH (setup the ring & the seats in the venue etc) and ROH run so many weekends that it meant they weren't able to take many outside bookings because so few groups run midweek shows. And considering they were all thrown in green as grass they stood out like a sore thumb in an ROH that was the indy workrate promotion of the day. Like there was no effort on the part of ROH of even trying to make it look like they had any investment in these guys, so of course none of them ever amounted to anything.

There was Davey Andrews who was certainly the standout of the early ROH students but he basically fell off the face of the earth after 2005, after about 15 months. I know Hagadorn & others who were around them have tried to find him but nobody seems to have any idea what happened with him, why he quit wrestling & what he's doing now.

Hagadorn was one of the rare examples from that era of ROH students who had any character, even if it was pretty basic heel stooging.

ROH would bring in trainees for FIP shows and gave them angles and poo poo too. The problem for getting bookings was more that rival promotions had their own schools and didn't want to book ROH trainees as often because they saw the ROH school as potential competition. You don't have your biggest stars, including Bryan Danielson run the school if it is just intended to be a scam.

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021
sometimes all you need is two words

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/crsizemore13/status/1733926882469449828

"I'm a casual viewer but..." lmao getting worked by the GOAT

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Guillermus posted:

https://twitter.com/crsizemore13/status/1733926882469449828

"I'm a casual viewer but..." lmao getting worked by the GOAT

https://twitter.com/kmac23va/status/1733943139100918235

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/crsizemore13/status/1733946138334580875

Yes

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
lol just ignore the massive injury list from NXT where people are gone for full years because of stuff that didn't even happen in a ring

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

AEW Deaths on Stupid Stunts: 0
WWE Deaths on Stupid Stunts: 1

AEW stays winning

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

No WWE wrestler would ever work with a broken orbital bone

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Charlotte flair wouldn’t have gotten injured two days ago if not her trying AEW style wrestling out.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/_iiconics_/status/1734035663446765696?s=46

“I keep a list of wrestling personalities who have blocked me but they’re the weird ones”.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

lol @ ‘one of AOP’