Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Ok Comboomer posted:

insanely weird and stupid reaction to the idea that anybody making cc content should be culled

the last thing any of this poo poo needs is two million new views

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
Flesh pedestrian is such a badass username

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

it's a much better name and an example of why you should always workshop your stuff

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Grassy Knowles posted:

euroshopper
Aug 14, 2021

fun hater posted:

racist and persistent sexual harassment of women

ah right then all those people taking pictures of cwc while she's shopping are totally in the right because she acted gross 20 years ago. :thanks: for the insight.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Ok Comboomer posted:

Hbomb, if you're still reading this thread then you should use your clout to go after this

what the gently caress is wrong with you? This is weird as hell

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

euroshopper posted:

ah right then all those people taking pictures of cwc while she's shopping are totally in the right because she acted gross 20 years ago. :thanks: for the insight.

is anyone in this thread capable of not reading posts in the worst faith possible

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Lady Radia posted:

what the gently caress is wrong with you? This is weird as hell

no it isn't lol

shut the gently caress up

you're really telling on yourselves

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

euroshopper posted:

youre not even pretending to take this seriously if the best answer you have to "less attention on this entire situation would be best" is "oh? so you love and support it uncritically????" because its a safe, obviously stupid position that literally anyone would be able to argue against.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Ok Comboomer posted:

no it isn't lol

this thread was much nicer before you started posting in it, please do that again

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Ok Comboomer posted:

no it isn't lol

what are we telling, exactly. lol. its very weird to publicly beg someone to run to the defense of a complete stranger to literally everyone involved who does not benefit from being in the spotlight

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Ok Comboomer posted:

no it isn't lol

begging other posters to go after kiwi farms poo poo is genuinely very off putting. Reading that as an endorsement of kiwi farms is a symptom of brain worms

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
CWC content is still getting like hundreds of thousands-to-millions of views on the regular, so the idea that anybody could possibly blow it up any further and make it worse by doing so is laughable. I don't think Natalie Wynn doing a whole segment on it in one of her biggest videos made the situation any worse. If anything it brought more critical eyeballs and more scrutiny onto KF and that whole scene.

You don't get Keffals temporarily scoring a W against them (this is not a defense or praise of Keffals) and getting writeups in Ars Technica without that attention.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
The best way to react to a fire is to throw oil on it

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

mycot posted:

The best way to react to a fire is to throw oil on it

You think ignoring KF is gonna make them go away?

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Ok Comboomer posted:

CWC content is still getting like hundreds of thousands-to-millions of views on the regular, so the idea that anybody could possibly blow it up any further and make it worse by doing so is laughable. I don't think Natalie Wynn doing a whole segment on it in one of her biggest videos made the situation any worse. If anything it brought more critical eyeballs and more scrutiny onto KF and that whole scene.

You don't get Keffals temporarily scoring a W against them (this is not a defense or praise of Keffals) and getting writeups in Ars Technica without that attention.

the audience of an hbomberguy vid is presumably less "internet" than keffals. cwc does not need to cross the line into the mainstream news cycle. again.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Ok Comboomer posted:

They're edgelords. They can't be cancelled. Someone like Somerton needs his respectability in order to continue but everyone already knows KF is the doxxing harassment suicidebait website, that's the point.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Ok Comboomer posted:

yeah. actually i do lol. this works for pretty much everything that survives on outrage. the locals eventually turn on each other once they start to starve for content/engagement. we literally all know this bc its played out here resulting in tedious posters getting drummed out or banned. me included lol

fun hater
May 24, 2009

im different though due to my moral righteousness and the cloak of gods light that blankets me

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Ok Comboomer posted:

what do you think you’re doing here

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

mycot posted:

They're edgelords. They can't be cancelled. Someone like Somerton needs his respectability in order to continue but everyone already knows KF is the doxxing harassment suicidebait website, that's the point.

the last time they got mainstream attention Cloudflare was forced to drop them due to public outcry. Cloudflare lost a bunch of big clients over the association.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

fun hater posted:

im different though due to my moral righteousness and the cloak of gods light that blankets me

the fun thing about being a hater is that it’s incredibly rewarding and enjoyable

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
https://twitter.com/Dexertonox/status/1732916843096990200?s=20
It’s Joever.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

several people only started posting in this thread either right before or immediately after hbomberguy posts a huge drama video and they're all, without exception, some of the worst posters on this website and they all should be chain probated into oblivion

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

that dude's gonna have to change his loving name if he ever wants to work in media or marketing or whatever the gently caress he did before full-time youtube again

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Ok Comboomer posted:

the last time they got mainstream attention Cloudflare was forced to drop them due to public outcry. Cloudflare lost a bunch of big clients over the association.

i dont think cloudflare lost clients bc cloudflare is like, the only game in town

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

fun hater posted:

i dont think cloudflare lost clients bc cloudflare is like, the only game in town

There’s Fastly!
Now let me take a long and slow sip of my coffee before checking their stock

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

More like Slowly, bwahaha.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

cloudflare's iron grip on the internet is an axe that's hanging waiting to cut all of our heads off tbh. they should not have effectively unilateral control over what does or doesnt go online. but like. i dont know how you fix that except to break it up from the government

e: on the other hand, cloudflare wants the gov to decide what it can and cant host and that's worse, somehow

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

fun hater posted:

cloudflare's iron grip on the internet is an axe that's hanging waiting to cut all of our heads off tbh. they should not have effectively unilateral control over what does or doesnt go online. but like. i dont know how you fix that except to break it up from the government

quick, fire up the ovens it's time to bake some breadtubes

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Ok Comboomer posted:

no it isn't lol

You should be obliterated by the force of a kamehameha wave.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Skippy McPants posted:

I remember first becoming aware of how ubiquitous VFX are when I watched the LotR Extending Edition extras, and they talked about all the visual effects they did on the scene where Boromir died. It's full of corrections, lighting tweaks, and even this thing where they leech the color out of Sean Bean's face to really sell the character's death.

And that's a simple shot-reverse-shot dialogue exchange from a twenty-year-old film. The stigma against CGI and VFX is wild, considering how essential and integrated it is in modern cinema. As the video points out, even "no CGI" films often have visual effects departments vastly larger than any other team on the production.

Finding out that shows and movies will edit out blinks from actors was a real eye-opening moment for me. It makes sense that it happens (blinks can be a momentary distraction in a tense scene) but it's such a fine level of control over a performance.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Lady Radia posted:

There’s Fastly!
Now let me take a long and slow sip of my coffee before checking their stock

ah not so bad! after all, stocks are a long haul game! this yearly performance isnt too b

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

fun hater posted:

ah not so bad! after all, stocks are a long haul game! this yearly performance isnt too b

what caused the bump in 2020-2021?

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Ok Comboomer posted:

what caused the bump in 2020-2021?

my layman guess is the same as almost every other online stock: COVID was good for business

e: a surprising amount of people in positions of power thought COVID online activity was the new norm instead of a temporary blip everyone was desperate to get out of. it was weird.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

fun hater posted:

my layman guess is the same as almost every other online stock: COVID was good for business

e: a surprising amount of people in positions of power thought COVID online activity was the new norm instead of a temporary blip everyone was desperate to get out of. it was weird.

that's arguably a lot of the logic behind all of the metaverse bullshit

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Ok Comboomer posted:

that's arguably a lot of the logic behind all of the metaverse bullshit

absolutely. this is actually kind of insane to look at lol:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

again i'm not a mod here and i think it has passed, but maybe let's, never ever talk about cwc again for i suspect only the next dozen of pages

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Grassy Knowles posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

dmboogie posted:

is anyone in this thread capable of not reading posts in the worst faith possible

“Worst faith?” Are you insulting the religious beliefs of the people in this thread just because you disagree with them? Wow… just wow…