Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Gonna see Minus One tonight or tomorrow.

Boy and the Heron is also playing at the local theater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Boy and the Heron is right after work for me. No idea if my screening is subbed or dubbed. Excited either way

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The Colonel posted:

it's a completely different show in every way

Sorry, I’m not too familiar with Band anime. I assume it’s still good for what it is based on the posts here though

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
gonna see boy and the heron on sunday

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Such a good movie. Very cryptic and abstract in a way you wouldn't expect from Miyazaki. Suspect I might have to watch it again to get the full picture of it.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

New FF16 DLC is so good, glad I got to Clive out again.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I got my new car. Hooray. LMAO that everyone I talked to when I said I was getting a Toyota (currently have a Ford) was like “oh yeah, it’ll be much better on repairs.” Even the receptionist for my mechanic was like “oh yeah we see the least amount of those.”

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Larryb posted:

Sorry, I’m not too familiar with Band anime. I assume it’s still good for what it is based on the posts here though

It's like Beck if they played alt rock instead of rap rock

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
the blue reflection second light ost is so good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iiRgKP_c98

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Buschmaki posted:

It's like Beck if they played alt rock instead of rap rock

Never watched Beck either come to think of it, how’s that out of curiosity?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Its like two turntables and a microphone

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Big Leg posted:

the blue reflection second light ost is so good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iiRgKP_c98

It's insanely good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0ArjCS80gQ

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
At the theater waiting for Minus One in about 40 mins time.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

The Black Stones posted:

I got my new car. Hooray. LMAO that everyone I talked to when I said I was getting a Toyota (currently have a Ford) was like “oh yeah, it’ll be much better on repairs.” Even the receptionist for my mechanic was like “oh yeah we see the least amount of those.”

Not sure what its like where you are but Toyota's customer service is where it all falls apart here. Just unbelievably rude and lazy and they suck at dealing with parts recalls in a timely fashion.

Ive decided that gently caress it, I'm gonna lease the new CRV hybrid. I have never owned a new car despite having a license for drat near 30 years at this point.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Furnaceface posted:

I have never owned a new car despite having a license for drat near 30 years at this point.

:same:
I dream of getting a car that isn't a 20~ year old piece of poo poo.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Something I didn't put together until just now: there're a lot of plot commonalities between The Boy and the Heron and Suzume.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

sinky posted:

:same:
I dream of getting a car that isn't a 20~ year old piece of poo poo.
it feels really good, I got my first not-decade-old car last year and holy moly it's nice. it's used and has a quarter million miles on it and it's STILL a world apart from the shitbox I was driving before

don't buy a new car but one that's like 5 years old is great

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
The Boy and the Heron is one of the prettiest things I've ever seen. Incredible sound work too

Arc Hammer posted:

At the theater waiting for Minus One in about 40 mins time.

Enjoy

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

it feels really good, I got my first not-decade-old car last year and holy moly it's nice. it's used and has a quarter million miles on it and it's STILL a world apart from the shitbox I was driving before

don't buy a new car but one that's like 5 years old is great

That was actually my first line of thinking but a 5 year old CRV is only 4-5k less than a brand new one, plus the new one still has the entire 3 year warranty.

The used car market in Canada is so unbelievably turbofucked.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Holy poo poo.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Furnaceface posted:

Not sure what its like where you are but Toyota's customer service is where it all falls apart here. Just unbelievably rude and lazy and they suck at dealing with parts recalls in a timely fashion.

Ive decided that gently caress it, I'm gonna lease the new CRV hybrid. I have never owned a new car despite having a license for drat near 30 years at this point.

I’ve never had one before so I’ve never used their techs. My city is a smaller one so if I ever have to bring it there for anything major I hope it will be okay, otherwise I’ll just bring it to my local garage if they can deal with it.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Arc Hammer posted:

Holy poo poo.

Hell yeah

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Got tickets for Comiket on the 31st let's goooo

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
pick me up some touhou yuri and a red bull

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
hey Namtab when are you gonna post that k-on re/watch i think you're good to go now

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Dangerous Person posted:

The Boy and the Heron is one of the prettiest things I've ever seen. Incredible sound work too

agree with both points. not my favorite miyazaki (i guess i just like lupin and dumb guy environmentalism messages too much) but the boy and the heron is great

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
it makes extremely loving good use of modern computerized 2d animation in my opinion

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Got tickets for Comiket on the 31st let's goooo
Oh yeah, those went on sale today, right? Gotta grab mine for Day 1.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Why did they serve lunch at 930am why also why was it half a pound of pasta per plate

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

verbal enema posted:

Why did they serve lunch at 930am why also why was it half a pound of pasta per plate

you are tapped in Italy

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Got a haircut and now I'm on my way to Heron it up. Good way to spend a Saturday morning :cheerdoge:

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Congrats to all the heron watchers. Sitting my rear end at home post surgery and watching college basketball + nadesico

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Ghibli chat got me to rewatch Howl’s. Still my least favorite Miyazaki film, but there were more things I liked or appreciated better this time (last time was long ago).

Somewhat interestingly, Sophie had two actresses of different ages in the English dub, but in Japanese there was only one, and it was an older lady.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
College sports :barf:

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

All basketball ftw.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Sleng Teng posted:

Congrats to all the heron watchers. Sitting my rear end at home post surgery and watching college basketball + nadesico

hope recovery is going well and you get to enjoy watching the wisconsin men's basketball team defeat arizona through the power of fundamentals and a guy named chucky

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Sleng Teng posted:

All basketball ftw.

Basketball is indeed win

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Big Leg posted:

hope recovery is going well and you get to enjoy watching the wisconsin men's basketball team defeat arizona through the power of fundamentals and a guy named chucky

It is thank you and I will be enjoying that game for sure 👍

verbal enema posted:

Basketball is indeed win
drat straight

FartRomancer.EXE
Jun 26, 2012

they never show you but mugi from k-on can dunk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

FartRomancer.EXE posted:

they never show you but mugi from k-on can dunk

get dunked right into the garbo

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)