Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
LARRY THE DOG???????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

the AEWverse and its allies are really in the mud lately

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
https://x.com/barstoolsports/status/1733939921570627780?s=20

Punk vs Goldberg, book it

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Shinjobi posted:

LARRY THE DOG???????

He ugly

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Tampa Bae posted:

people are getting more mad over a celebrity on the internet they've never met than I think I've ever been mad at anyone I've ever met in my entire life

EDIT: lol Goldberg rules

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

doesn't look like anyones mad to me theyre just making fun of a dork. projection much?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Laughing at Cody's hubris or Punk's spinelessness is funny sorry to anyone who takes it that seriously

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

If you genuinely think this then, ok, whatever. But this thread is loads of really unfunny posters making the same jokes over and over again about a wrestler they absolutely adored twelve years ago.

There’s been some amusing replies/takes about Phil since he left AEW on here, but “gentle ribbing” is simply not true. Some of you guys are legit obsessed.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

britishbornandbread posted:

If you genuinely think this then, ok, whatever. But this thread is loads of really unfunny posters making the same jokes over and over again about a wrestler they absolutely adored twelve years ago.

There’s been some amusing replies/takes about Phil since he left AEW on here, but “gentle ribbing” is simply not true. Some of you guys are legit obsessed.

Sure

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

But this thread is loads of really unfunny posters

pot meet kettle

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

CM Sucks

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Joey McChrist posted:

doesn't look like anyones mad to me theyre just making fun of a dork.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

this thread is loads of really unfunny posters making the same jokes over and over again

then go make your own thread dipshit

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

WWE Mecca

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Alright you can’t be quote tweeting that, you’re one of the few who actually is regularly mad

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

NienNunb posted:

Alright you can’t be quote tweeting that, you’re one of the few who actually is regularly mad

What do you mean by this???

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

JUNGLE BOY posted:

then go make your own thread dipshit

I don’t watch either product weekly. It’d be a waste of time.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

NienNunb posted:

cry me a river

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

the last thing this place needs is more dorks who only pop in to contribute “you people” promos

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

There do seem to be some people who post like they have a vested interest in watching Punk fail, beyond just laughing at him being a sellout

But on the other hand, Punk is a sellout who went completely back on all his principles, so it's hard for me to muster up much sympathy for him here

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
We don’t even talk about C*dy anymore….this thread used to mean something…

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Edit it again it might be even funnier next time

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Seams posted:

Cody is just another dude now. CM Punk will have to go through his prerequisite Miz feud to quell the fervor down.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Cody is like their biggest babyface

Which is why it's so puzzling they didn't make him champ.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

When Matt Hardy had his lovely Angelic Diabolo phase and was posting cryptic messages about killing himself, I shat on him on here without hesitation. And guess what, now I like him a lot. It is OK to change your mind about people when they change, which Punk has done. "You adored him twelve years ago" is a completely moronic gotcha.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Seams posted:

CM Punk is a bigger draw (to bad posting)

also Jade and Beepie

come to think about it the WWE thread would still be getting 5 posts a month if not for all these AEW castoffs

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Seams posted:

Punk really did take Cody's spot, didn't he

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Grendels Dad posted:

When Matt Hardy had his lovely Angelic Diabolo phase and was posting cryptic messages about killing himself, I shat on him on here without hesitation. And guess what, now I like him a lot. It is OK to change your mind about people when they change, which Punk has done. "You adored him twelve years ago" is a completely moronic gotcha.

Legit no attempt at a “gotcha” at all. I’ve read this forum for a long time, and really enjoy it. For the most part people can discuss a lot of things in a readable manner. As a casual fan who doesn’t watch week to week, who followed the AEW return the other August through to All In (I was at Wembley!) I find the sheer vitriol and *anger* about Punk genuinely perplexing. If he’s let you down, just ignore him.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

This is the same forum that got annoyed at me years ago when I asked “if you guys hate WWE so much why don’t you just stop watching?”

Now they don’t watch and act like they’re so awesome.

Goons stink and have always stunk.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Codependent Poster posted:

I wouldn't know, I don't watch this poo poo

fart blood posted:

This is the same forum that got annoyed at me years ago when I asked “if you guys hate WWE so much why don’t you just stop watching?”

Now they don’t watch and act like they’re so awesome.

Hell yeah brother

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

fart blood posted:

Goons stink and have always stunk.

WAIT
HEY

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

I like the bit where everyone shits on the Fed but seemingly forgets there target audience is children and not dudes who actually pay attention. It's mostly a very funny thread.

Tho if Cody doesn't win THIS WrestleMania, I'm done.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

i'm pretty sure the plan is Cody loses again, Punk beats Rollins, then Punk VS Reigns to unify the cope belt with Roman's three belts. Roman wins of course and they have to make a new cope belt.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Legit no attempt at a “gotcha” at all. I’ve read this forum for a long time, and really enjoy it. For the most part people can discuss a lot of things in a readable manner. As a casual fan who doesn’t watch week to week, who followed the AEW return the other August through to All In (I was at Wembley!) I find the sheer vitriol and *anger* about Punk genuinely perplexing. If he’s let you down, just ignore him.

Virtuous?

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Codependent Poster posted:

It's especially puzzling when we now know what the rest of this year now looked like. Was anything made better by Roman being champ?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Can’t extend my Little Stinkerdom to pro-WWE posting, the full episode of Raw Is War I watched recently was incredibly bad television. Hope my friend Phil is having a good time

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Not really, mate. No.

My wife and I have come home from the pub with a curry and we are watching Mania 30 whilst having a grand old time. When you want to enjoy it, it’s fun.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

"wow you all seem mad unlike me who has found peace" is a really funny joke to just drop on people when they're acting normal. I'm stealing this one.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

again, nobody here is 'angry' so stop projecting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

PlasticAutomaton posted:

i'm pretty sure the plan is Cody loses again, Punk beats Rollins, then Punk VS Reigns to unify the cope belt with Roman's three belts. Roman wins of course and they have to make a new cope belt.
The picture of HHH with seven different colored belts is going to be memed into reality