Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

chiasaur11 posted:

Most RG kits have even more. They're optional, but they're there.

RGs have more, but they're not color correcting like the Todesritter so I think that one is still worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

chiasaur11 posted:

Most RG kits have even more. They're optional, but they're there.

I dunno, I usually differentiate between something color correcting like you'd see with HGs vs. joint foil stickers or decals that are for the most part optional on RGs and MGs

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Qylvaran posted:

The sheet also came with an extra large Holder emblem. Do you think it will hold up if I put it on my Asobu thermos? Maybe do the obvious thing and stick it to my laptop...

A water slide won't hold up in either of those uses for very long unless you varnish over it.

MechaX posted:

The HG Todesritter (Pale Rider successor) has like 50 stickers from my understanding; is there any model that has it worse than that because that sounds like a loving nightmare

HG Rozen Zulu for several years ago was the usual punching bag for color correction stickers.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Midjack posted:

A water slide won't hold up in either of those uses for very long unless you varnish over it.

HG Rozen Zulu for several years ago was the usual punching bag for color correction stickers.

The Guision Rebake HG kits aren't that bad, but they're still pretty far from good on that count. The worst IBO kits for stickers, and the line is a pretty mixed bag on that count.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SgtSteel91 posted:

https://twitter.com/gsc_mechasmile/status/1733449740107579504?t=k9spcubMdRU6Vs7Sx9s7fg&s=19

For the 4 Trails fans here: they’re making another Divine Knight Moderoid

https://twitter.com/gsc_mechasmile/status/1733458068124635294

Good Smile announced several new MODEROID kits too.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

SgtSteel91 posted:

https://twitter.com/gsc_mechasmile/status/1733449740107579504?t=k9spcubMdRU6Vs7Sx9s7fg&s=19

excited!!!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Two things. What is bottom center left, and hell yeah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVH66YvV9W8

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Hirai fans literally can't stop winning.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
what the heck does bottom center left even mean
one of these?

top is mazinger zero, bottom is liber legis

e: or this one?

looks like it is "Monster Battleship Sounderous" from a gridman movie

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Dec 10, 2023

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

want that moderoid guy four right three down

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

what the heck does bottom center left even mean

At the bottom, in the center, on the left.

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012

SgtSteel91 posted:

How do these compare to RG/MG gunpla? Tempted to get one.

Digihazard
Nov 2, 2010

If you place the milk in before the bag, I will kill you and your family while they sleep.
Back from the ~best holiday ever~ and now that everything's stacked up and not across a few suitcases, I think I might have a problem

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Junkozeyne posted:

How do these compare to RG/MG gunpla? Tempted to get one.

MODEROID's are basically big HG kits in terms of quality. They're well made, have good fit and they're snapbuilt, but the colour separation in plastic varies greatly from kit-to-kit. In the case of the Divine Knights they're very much a solid piece of whatever the base colour is, and the filigree needs to be painted on. In others it can be much better if it's larger pieces, and they'll often even have some more intricate parts come pre-painted like those with Gundam-esque faces/eyes.

For a recent example; The El Dora V I'm building at the moment has the Pink Amigo's wings as solid pink pieces with white detail stickers. Generally-speaking, think of a mid-00's HG kit in terms of sticker usage.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Gripweed posted:

At the bottom, in the center, on the left.

That's from Gridman Universe. Anosillus the Third gets big and wears robot armor.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Digihazard posted:

Back from the ~best holiday ever~ and now that everything's stacked up and not across a few suitcases, I think I might have a problem

Ok... so whats the problem?

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Blackchamber posted:

Not enough monoeye suits.

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022

Blackchamber posted:

She accidentally got 2 Unicorns

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Blackchamber posted:

Display space.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

BisbyWorl posted:

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Might be time to break out a new set, not quite sure though. I mean the 800g still has some working scraps left :v:

BisbyWorl posted:

:hmmyes:

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Dec 10, 2023

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/GundamBro/status/1734003905132941785

For when your flavours aren't weighed down by gravity.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Arc Hammer posted:

https://twitter.com/GundamBro/status/1734003905132941785

For when your flavours aren't weighed down by gravity.

Gouf Fieri.

Digihazard
Nov 2, 2010

If you place the milk in before the bag, I will kill you and your family while they sleep.

chrome line posted:

She accidentally got 2 Unicorns

one's a gift for a friend ^^ as is the haro

I'm surprised how little options some places had, the actual gundam base only had 2-3 mg's that were not clear versions, no mgex. Had to be cruel and leave the zaku cannon behind for other things.

Queadlunn
Dec 10, 2005

Yak Deculture!
Fallen Rib
Self-imposed-punishment-backlog-photo.jpg

I need to get a few of these done before the year's over...

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Let us know how the Queadlunn Rau goes I've been eyeing it. :stare:

Queadlunn
Dec 10, 2005

Yak Deculture!
Fallen Rib

Synthbuttrange posted:

I'm probably gonna paint it in Max's colors to go with the Q-Rau resin kit I finished early in the year:

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Synthbuttrange posted:

Big same. I also want to know where you got that limited edition one and why it's cooler.

I've built that VF-1A. It's a good kit, but if you're gonna paint it, paint it by subassemblies. I didn't and lol at painting it now.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Afaik its a new release.

god look at it.

Taking another look at it. Sob. Those seam lines down the gears. Why would you do it like this. Fixing it but theres so much shaved plastic everywhere now. -.-

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Dec 11, 2023

Electrophotonic
Mar 14, 2010

They're gonna stop
Saturday night
So you better have fun now
I PREDICT

I’ve been away from building models this year, instead focusing on touching up and modifying action figures (mostly transformers!). The brush type Gundam markers, as well as acrylic paints for miniatures have been my tools of choice there.

Coming back I’ve noticed there seems to be a shortage of the pour type markers (the GM-300 series). It’s especially hard finding the black one in stock, at least here in Europe. Has there been any talk of why this is? Or am I just bad at buying things online?

Electrophotonic
Mar 14, 2010

They're gonna stop
Saturday night
So you better have fun now
I PREDICT

I used up most of my last one panel lining this fella, a Kabaya candy toy kit of Fortress Maximus. Great fun, keeping most of the gimmicks and transformation mechanisms of his big bro.

They fudged some really questionable individual models to sell the parts as a three pack tho

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Am I insane or does the RG Goldymarg kit not use non-metallic stickers 2 and 4 by default? It's weird what they give you extras of some times.

also lmao i finally bought a chrome marker i am not playing with these tiny silver rectangles.

Deviant fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Dec 11, 2023

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Lmao.

Lol.

No those are not meant to be staggered like that.
:negative:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/intermediateo/status/1734347021400870962

If only...

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
that owns lol

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

i asked a question in r/gunpla basically consisting of "are there any gotchas i should be aware of before i start my PGU RX-78?"

quote:

"We want to keep the sub page for user builds, if you have a question please check the Wiki first to see if has been answered, otherwise post it in Q&A Thread."

what if yall took your fanciest kit, transformed it real small, and shoved it directly up your own rear end?

(gently caress reddit)

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
It's funny to me that Big Duo ranked on that top ten too, but only on the Japan side. I thought liking The Big O more was our thing!

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Deviant posted:

i asked a question in r/gunpla basically consisting of "are there any gotchas i should be aware of before i start my PGU RX-78?"

what if yall took your fanciest kit, transformed it real small, and shoved it directly up your own rear end?

(gently caress reddit)

gotta save room for all those loving secret santa posts :rant:

anyways so my first post here isn't me complaining about the fuckin r/gunpla subreddit here is one of the latest things i worked on:

https://imgur.com/yCdzsKn
(i have no fuckin clue how to embed video/gifs on this site any more its been like 3 years since ive done any posting)

im also proud of this: Michaelis D Wolfwood

Antoine Silvere fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Dec 12, 2023

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Justin_Brett posted:

It's funny to me that Big Duo ranked on that top ten too, but only on the Japan side. I thought liking The Big O more was our thing!

Big Duo is a really rad design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Please, please let it happen. Don't tease me with the knowledge people want a MEGAS Moderoid as much as I do. :pray: